Options

The Studio Audience

groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
Forum Member
✭✭
Jesus, It is like the X-Factor with the crowd constantly whooping all the time.
Totally ruins the performances imo

Comments

• Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, they sound like football hooligans.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    unfortunately they are told to make as much noise as possible, especially when they see spins in the dance, a change of movement, and to stand up if they think the dance is good...the implication being they should stand up for every dance.

I dont mind the audience making a lot of noise at the end of the dance, I'd just like to enjoy the dance as it happens
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the screaming so intrusive I had often to mute the sound.

It seemed to be the same few voices I heard, maybe the were from "Rentascreamer."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    They were definitely "on one" tonight, they were bordering on mass hysteria :D
  • Options
    cjgperscjgpers Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the crowd are like that next week, I reckon we'll stop watching. It gave us a headache, we just want to enjoy the music and dancing. It sounded like X-Factor. Or is this more dumbing-down by the BBC :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    I can't say I noticed. Besides, I like the whoopin' and a hollerin'. Livens up the show.
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tricky balance. Stony silence would feel awkward; but the whooping and a-hollering tonight became distracting.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that the audience seemed particularly hyper tonight. Way over the top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blindside wrote: »
    Tricky balance. Stony silence would feel awkward; but the whooping and a-hollering tonight became distracting.

Why scream and shout in the middle of a pro dance at the beginning of the show? It's senseless and I suspect "floor manager generated."

Most people watch this as it's about dance and isn't the X-Factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why scream and shout in the middle of a pro dance at the beginning of the show? It's senseless and I suspect "floor manager generated."

Most people watch this as it's about dance and isn't the X-Factor.

Have to agree - cant stand why they have to shriek during a dance. I don't get the stony silence comment, doesn't this mean people are listening and watching it with respect. The audience seem to manage throughout a ballet at Covent Garden (apart from the Rose Adagio in Sleeping Beauty and the grand adage in Swan Lake) and then cheer and applause with sheer rapture and pleasure.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clapping along to the music got right on my t!ts tonight , it could have put dancers off .:mad:
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on guys...I love the 'clapping along'. I would do the same. The 'whooping' adds to the atmosphere.
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually never watch the x-factor because of the white noise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    It seemed to be the same few voices I heard, maybe the were from "Rentascreamer."
    They pay them in lightsitcks and glitter. If they run out of that then the producer pulls from their pocket some magic beans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Have to agree - cant stand why they have to shriek during a dance. I don't get the stony silence comment, doesn't this mean people are listening and watching it with respect. The audience seem to manage throughout a ballet at Covent Garden (apart from the Rose Adagio in Sleeping Beauty and the grand adage in Swan Lake) and then cheer and applause with sheer rapture and pleasure.

If you post that you didn't like all the unnecessary screaming, someone will always offer you what I call the "feast or famine option" namely, "I s'ppose you'd only be happy if the programme was watched in complete silence by the audience." type posts.

It has always been thus on DS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    I keep telling the beeb, audience participation can be carefully nurtured with the patented Spandau MG42 traffic light system. Green for 'clap', red for 'don't clap', my innovation was amber for 'tremble'
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been watching on i-player. The crowd was horrendous - At times it was impossible to hear anything other than their screeching, whooping and hollering. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I noticed. Besides, I like the whoopin' and a hollerin'. Livens up the show.

Thank you PollyAnnaGirl, so you cheered when we missed the flamenco bit in Holly's paso tonight, then?

At least we were spared the auto standing ovations.

The BBC sound engineers should be shot for not dampening down the audience noise - I mean they get all the coughing out of the Prom concert broadcasts, so you know that they can do it.

Disgusted.
    Wish some of the DS posters who go to the live shows were brave enough to protest. Or are they all seated at the back of the balcony?
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I noticed that the audience seemed particularly hyper tonight. Way over the top.

Yes, listening to the 5.1 audio last night, the crowd noise (yep, a noise) was louder than previous weeks, and was more intrusive. I normally crank the volume up a bit to get the effect of the music, but this week the renta-mob hollering was just too much to bear. It seemed as if the sound balance was all to cock, with screeching drowning out almost everything on the fronts and the rears.

Straying too far into XF hysteria territory now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    I found the screaming so intrusive I had often to mute the sound.

Maybe Brendan's new job - because he wouldn't go away :eek:

(and I am very much a Brendan fan before anyone says anything!)