D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just announced on IAC's Twitter feed

Comments

• mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all knew she would not exactly stay long.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!!
    Nothing against the girl, but this is potentially too good a series to be ruined by another Helen Flanagan.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Just announced on IAC's Twitter feed

And on Good Morning Britain. So she wasn't faking for airtime.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Not surprised really - good morning Britain covering it shortly
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem is she will gets lots of time on itv2
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope she doesn't get a penny of her fee and is put on a plane home asap rather than let her swan around living the life of luxury for the next 3 weeks
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *rejoices*
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope the air fare and accomodation comes out of her pocket.

If she gets put up at the Palazzo Versace free of charge for three weeks after doing nine tenths of bugger all this will kill the show and set a very dangerous precedence.

She's done nowt and should be payed nowt. Give her a ham sandwich & a packet of quavers then tell her she has to make her own way home without her fee.
  • cosmic.68cosmic.68 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    R82n8 wrote: »

Totally agree.

However, gutted. Was enjoying laughing at her ridiculous statements and general whinging.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    She was a useless contestant. Murderers gets treated better. Really?

She has been on the ITV2 show so knows what it's all about. What a quitter and she is not a young girl either, she is in her mid 30s.

All that talk of 'I'm Gemma Collins and have earnt my diva stripes' from a recent Towie episode. Nowhere near the feisty and confident personality she tries to portray in Towie.

It would be good for her personally if she undergoes some counselling for her insecurities rather than relish in the media circus.
  • NeverEnoughNeverEnough Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming soon to a tabloid or gossip magazine near you.

"Gemma - My jungle hell". Sold to the highest bidder for a competitive fee.

Not bad for three days lying about.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    Yes!!
    Nothing against the girl, but this is potentially too good a series to be ruined by another Helen Flanagan.

And therein lies the truth.

All the rest seem pretty sound, a diva is not required.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a useless contestant. Murderers gets treated better. Really?

She has been on the ITV2 show so knows what it's all about. What a quitter and she is not a young girl either, she is in her mid 30s.

All that talk of 'I'm Gemma Collins and have earnt my diva stripes' from a recent Towie episode. Nowhere near the feisty and confident personality she tries to portray in Towie.

It would be good for her personally if she undergoes some counselling for her insecurities rather than relish in the media circus.

I work with someone who went to school with Gemma and he says she's always been the same. As a young girl, she wanted to be famous and was the 'eye, teeth and jazz kids' sort of kid that is always pushing to the front in the end of term production.

Sadly for some of these people, they think fame means approval when, in reality, it's anything but unless you're really talented and someone like Gemma who seems to be rather fragile may realise too late that fame was a curse rather than a blessing
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Will she still get paid? And presumably she now goes to the Versace hotel for the duration of the show, living in luxury, and talking to Heat/Now/OK/etc, raking in even more cash. What a loser. I thought she would have ended up being quite likeable, a big, bubbly girl who wasn't intimidated by anything or anyone. But there we go, a snivelling coward after all.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they arent going to pay her grr
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Thank god. Nothing worse than someone who threatens to leave and kill herself every day without going through with it.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're usually a big eater, it must be very difficult going and living on their rations. I couldn't bloody cope!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought that in previous series they had to stay a minimum amount of time, however long that was, to get their full fee. If she gets anything it should only be 3 days pro*rata, so amount £15.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will she still get paid? And presumably she now goes to the Versace hotel for the duration of the show, living in luxury, and talking to Heat/Now/OK/etc, raking in even more cash. What a loser. I thought she would have ended up being quite likeable, a big, bubbly girl who wasn't intimidated by anything or anyone. But there we go, a snivelling coward after all.

She gets a free luxury holiday and a massive pay packet. Hardly a loser tbh.
  • Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    We all knew she would not exactly stay long.

DId we ? Everyone seems to be suggesting that she was faking her nervousness.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Career suicide, expect bankruptcy on her shitty shop, we pay for that.
    Then blaming Greggs in Now magazine for her having the apperance of a dead beached whale with expanding gasses.

She is a pariah now.

All because she was hungry, what does that say about the greedy, selfish Gemma Collins?
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »

If she gets put up at the Palazzo Versace free of charge for three weeks after doing nine tenths of bugger all this will kill the show and set a very dangerous precedence.

She's done nowt and should be payed nowt. Give her a ham sandwich & a packet of quavers then tell her she has to make her own way home without her fee.

Spot on. She knows exactly what she is doing. I can start watching the show properly now as I had to turn it over every time that desperado was on. Good bloody riddance.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

they only get a proportion of their fee if they walk out, see this interview

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/tv-news/532091/i-m-a-celebrity-2011-contestants-revealed-they-re-ready-for-the-jungle
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    If you're usually a big eater, it must be very difficult going and living on their rations. I couldn't bloody cope!

Rosemary Shrager loves her food. Is 30 years older than Gemma and coped wonderfully - Gemma is just too pampered and spoiled to rough it for a few days - she's no loss to the camp mates -
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    I hope she doesn't get paid, and I hope they send her home on an Easyjet flight (do Easyjet do longhaul? If not, they should!) and all the trashy celeb magazines refuse to interview her. Never gonna happen, the lardy lump will get even more dosh, even more publicity and will continue to believe she is Gemma Collins, someone very very special. Instead of a fat bird with a big gob, and zero talent for anything else. Or should that be anyfink else?