PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
Go on!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they have a great chemistry. That snog in the street was pretty hot!
  • Options
    Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. They actually work really well together which surprised me as when I heard they were going to be having scenes together I hated the thought.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Wonder if the scenes will also involve Gail sticking her two pennouth in. No-one is good enough for her Nick.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan. They've known each other for ages, why the sudden lust for each other (and even that seems to take place only when Carla's had a few)?

I believe it's something that will end as soon as the truth about the fire comes out and Erica's baby is either lost/aborted/born. It's about as fun to watch as Alya and Gary's relationship difficulties, aka not a lot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Agreed. They actually work really well together which surprised me as when I heard they were going to be having scenes together I hated the thought.

Me too. I wasn't expecting it at all but they really do work well together. Their 'friendship' seems to be one of the few things viewers are really enjoying on Corrie atm.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them together but this sudden friendship just seems to be picked from thin air.

Nick and Carla ended on a pretty bad note after he walked out of UnderWorld back in 2010 as he almost shafted her out. As far as I remember after that they didn't get along that great as he married Leanne and there were obviously tension between all four of them, especially during the custody battle and after Peter&Carla returned from America. Nick also pushed Peter to drink again and then suddenly they are great mates.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    I like them together but this sudden friendship just seems to be picked from thin air.

Nick and Carla ended on a pretty bad note after he walked out of UnderWorld back in 2010 as he almost shafted her out. As far as I remember after that they didn't get along that great as he married Leanne and there were obviously tension between all four of them, especially during the custody battle and after Peter&Carla returned from America. Nick also pushed Peter to drink again and then suddenly they are great mates.

Yes but Nick pushed Peter to drink when he was married to Leanne. Nothing to do with Carla

The tension between Nick and Carla was only there because of their partners Peter and Leanne. Nick hated Peter and Carla hated Leanne as well
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Presumably going nowhere anyway, given that Carla's leaving for an unspecified length of time at the end of the year!!
  • Options
    Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »

I just suddenly thought if Carla and Nick had originally liked each other and got together loads of storylines wouldn't have happened or been completely different e.g Peter and Tina would have happened behind Leanne's back so Rob probably wouldn't have been the killer so if Rob had stayed Tracey probably wouldn't have slept with Tony.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I just suddenly thought if Carla and Nick had originally liked each other and got together loads of storylines wouldn't have happened or been completely different e.g Peter and Tina would have happened behind Leanne's back so Rob probably wouldn't have been the killer so if Rob had stayed Tracey probably wouldn't have slept with Tony.

True but then couldn't you say that about every single soap storyline, or indeed every aspect of real life?? If one thing had happened differently it would have changed the whole story!!
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of Nick usually but I really like him with Carla, so much more bearable than him with awful Leanne.
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alison King's acting carries the thing along well, but I don't get much chemistry between them. Nick seems more like a best friend than someone starry-eyed or swept up in passion. It doesn't help that they don't match up physically - skinny, sour-lemon-face Nick and red hot momma Carla (who was looking particularly gorgeous on Weds I thought).

Not saying I don't like Nick's character or looks, just that they don't gel as a couple to me. Even rough-as-a-badger's Peter was more believable.
  • Options
    LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member

She is the most beautiful woman on the street and he (on a good day) really nice.

Would like to see them get together. Steamy!!
  • Options
    Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they worked together and never fancied each other and we now meant to believe they do now
  • Options
    kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carla is wonderful, Nick ... meh ??!!
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I have liked their scenes together. I do think they seem more like really good friends, but their scenes together are quite charming. Perhaps really the only thing enjoyable about Corrie at the moment.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Nick and Carla together.. I presume that Erica was just a ship that passed in the night, easily forgotten, and Nick now has no responsibility for her; so there is no reason that he can't openly start a relationship with Carla.