Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Good grief. Do you not think she was still reeling from her mother's death? It might be years later but Peaches herself said she never started to grieve until she was about 16. That she put on a front, a bolshie exterior, perhaps to hide what was going on underneath sometimes?

Do you think she wanted this to happen? That she wanted history to repeat itself? I for one don't. Yes it can be argued that it was her choice to take those drugs but sometimes life isn't so black and white, if she was emotionally 'all there' I doubt this would ever have happened. She loved her boys with all her heart but she couldn't conquer her own demons, caused largely by (and I hate to say this as liked her) her own mother, who God knows had a chaotic upbringing herself which is why she also tried to give her daughters a more stable upbringing until she took up with Michael Hutchence (two people who were poisonous together and should never have hooked up IMO) and her own life spiralled out of control.

A young woman of 25 is dead leaving a grieving husband and family but also two children under 2. I honestly don't think this is the time to throw stones, we've never walked a mile in Peaches shoes. Looks like there was something in her posting a picture of her and her mum after all. Perhaps becoming a mum herself brought all her grief back, perhaps she got angry with her mother at times in a 'how could you?' way and/or upset because her mother wasn't here to see her sons? A myriad of emotions could have come to the surface which until then she'd successfully managed to contain. I'm glad nothing happened to her son and that he's far too young to remember that he was left alone with his dead mother but I also refuse to completely condemn a woman who paid for her demons with the ultimate price, her life.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    The Mail's alleging someone cleared drug paraphenalia from the house before the cops showed up, someone could be in a lot of trouble. I'm guessing her circle knew she was using again.In hindsight it was obvious, the first thing the cops did was bring sniffer dogs in. shame on her for leaving her son the way her mother left Tiger.

If true it was a daft thing to do and only delaying the inevitable, toxicology would reveal the truth eventually. Sounds like someone was trying to protect her or her reputation but they were never going to succeed.

I never thought about the sniffer dogs, sounds like the police had their suspicions (needle marks?) and wanted it confirmed. I doubt anyone will be in trouble though, it wasn't a suspicious death as in murder or manslaughter where they would be tampering with a crime scene.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peaches Geldof 'died of heroin overdose just like tragic mum Paula Yates'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peaches-geldof-died-heroin-overdose-3480981#ixzz30Pz4t4xC

Guess The Mirror got hold of a leaked copy of Toxicology results....
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Peaches most likely fought her demons as hard as she could, but sometimes demons are just too strong. From things she said herself (and others have confirmed since her death) her parents' divorce, her being shuttled between two very different worlds, her mother's suicide and the way it was handled at the time (and no, I'm not blaming anyone) - all these things may have built up inside her leaving her unable to be happy or content. I'm sure she loved her sons very much, but sometimes having people you love simply isn't enough to drive out all the other thoughts and memories that can destroy someone's peace of mind. Perhaps she turned to drugs as a way to cope, then found she had another fight on her hands ...

I shouldn't be speculating, just thinking out loud sort of thing, but I'm sure the last thing she ever intended was to die and leave her sons motherless. BTW, I was no fan of hers, I found her quite irritating at times, but she did have demons and sometimes those demons can destroy you, if not in one way, then another. The reason for her death doesn't change the sadness of it, or the hope that she's now at peace.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no! Was really, really hoping this wouldn't be the case. As much as she adored her babies, I just think that she perhaps went into marriage and motherhood too young as a panacea for her own pain, rather than trying to work through it with therapy and learning how to look after her own mental health. She set herself up, just as Paula did, as a bit of reformed wild child who was trying to be the 'perfect' mother while not really coping with her past demons. Maybe one of the reasons she was distant with her father in recent times was because he had some insight into what she was doing, had tried all he could to warn her off and they eventually fell out. All he could probably do, now she was an adult, was hope that her husband and the love she had for her sons would be enough to help her through. Either that or he put his head in the sand and just prayed she'd be okay. Maybe he was furious with her- only the family and closest friends really know.

I just feel that Peaches needed help long before now and I actually did feel uneasy when she seemed to throw herself into looking after two small infants so relatively soon after being 'off the rails'. Not saying it can't be done but there was an awful lot of baggage there and she was embedded within a particularly fickle, image-obsessed showbiz world full of fragile egos, false 'friendships' and backstabbing.

This is one cycle that definitely needs breaking and the 'smart', 'cool' set who still think that a few lines of coke on a weekend and topping up with shots of heroin won't affect them or those close to them need to think again.
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seemed such an altogether person.
    But we'll probably never know what really happened on the day she passed.
    So horribly sad for her family.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the nicest of things for me to post, but she overdosed on heroin a few times over the years. It was hushed up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The children of alcoholics often become alcoholics themselves, having been taught that it is a way to ease pain. I'm sure the same is true of drugs.

As someone above said, having children (especially when you have two very close together) brings on terrible stress and brings back awful past memories. It might have made her too depressed to fight the addiction.

Plenty of addicts also think that having children will somehow shield them from the pull of their addiction. It actually makes you more vulnerable.

I am reminded of the desperate attempts to save Amy Winehouse, and also the very sad story of Sandy Denny (perhaps the greatest ever English singer, who loved her child very deeply but whose death, indirectly caused by drug and alcohol abuse, occured when her daughter was still a baby).

RIP. Such a sad story. I can't imagine what her husband is going through, left with two bereaved children when he's barely an adult himself.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why removed all traces of the drugs before the police arrived?
    Isn't that a criminal act?

Poor children. I hope they get as near a normal life as possible but somehow I doubt it!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Oh no! Was really, really hoping this wouldn't be the case. As much as she adored her babies, I just think that she perhaps went into marriage and motherhood too young as a panacea for her own pain, rather than trying to work through it with therapy and learning how to look after her own mental health. She set herself up, just as Paula did, as a bit of reformed wild child who was trying to be the 'perfect' mother while not really coping with her past demons. Maybe one of the reasons she was distant with her father in recent times was because he had some insight into what she was doing, had tried all he could to warn her off and they eventually fell out. All he could probably do, now she was an adult, was hope that her husband and the love she had for her sons would be enough to help her through. Either that or he put his head in the sand and just prayed she'd be okay. Maybe he was furious with her- only the family and closest friends really know.

I just feel that Peaches needed help long before now and I actually did feel uneasy when she seemed to throw herself into looking after two small infants so relatively soon after being 'off the rails'. Not saying it can't be done but there was an awful lot of baggage there and she was embedded within a particularly fickle, image-obsessed showbiz world full of fragile egos, false 'friendships' and backstabbing.

This is one cycle that definitely needs breaking and the 'smart', 'cool' set who still think that a few lines of coke on a weekend and topping up with shots of heroin won't affect them or those close to them need to think again.

Agree with all you say. Her mothers death obviously left a gaping hole that try as she might she couldn't fill, it really is so sad &tragic. I think what makes it seem more sad is the whole 'everything's fine, life's great' and clearly she was struggling.

I hope whoever gave her access to heroin is feeling very guilty, she was clearly quite vulnerable to that kind of thing.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peaches Geldof 'died of heroin overdose just like tragic mum Paula Yates'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peaches-geldof-died-heroin-overdose-3480981#ixzz30Pz4t4xC

Guess The Mirror got hold of a leaked copy of Toxicology results....

Perhaps The Mirror just got the story from The Times like other papers did.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad but not totally surprised feel sorry for her babies.
  • UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief. Do you not think she was still reeling from her mother's death? It might be years later but Peaches herself said she never started to grieve until she was about 16. That she put on a front, a bolshie exterior, perhaps to hide what was going on underneath sometimes?

Do you think she wanted this to happen? That she wanted history to repeat itself? I for one don't. Yes it can be argued that it was her choice to take those drugs but sometimes life isn't so black and white, if she was emotionally 'all there' I doubt this would ever have happened. She loved her boys with all her heart but she couldn't conquer her own demons, caused largely by (and I hate to say this as liked her) her own mother, who God knows had a chaotic upbringing herself which is why she also tried to give her daughters a more stable upbringing until she took up with Michael Hutchence (two people who were poisonous together and should never have hooked up IMO) and her own life spiralled out of control.

A young woman of 25 is dead leaving a grieving husband and family but also two children under 2. I honestly don't think this is the time to throw stones, we've never walked a mile in Peaches shoes. Looks like there was something in her posting a picture of her and her mum after all. Perhaps becoming a mum herself brought all her grief back, perhaps she got angry with her mother at times in a 'how could you?' way and/or upset because her mother wasn't here to see her sons? A myriad of emotions could have come to the surface which until then she'd successfully managed to contain. I'm glad nothing happened to her son and that he's far too young to remember that he was left alone with his dead mother but I also refuse to completely condemn a woman who paid for her demons with the ultimate price, her life.

I have absolutely no doubt Peaches was in a heck of a lot of personal pain, but there is a balance to be struck here. I don't condemn the poor woman, but if reports are true about the cause of death and about one of her young children (but no-one else) being there then it is extremely tragic but also pretty horrifying. So whilst I don't think we should pile onto a dead woman, and there but for the grace of god go I, the "walking a mile in her shoes", "she couldn't conquer her demons" stuff has to be tempered somewhat. She chose to have the children, and the inquest will confirm today what else she chose to do. If that was taking illegal and dangerous drugs around them then she was a very, very silly girl who is now putting her children through what she went through. Maybe that's easy for me to say when my own mother hasn't died of a heroin overdose, I accept, but Peaches was an adult who made her own choices and as for Peaches herself, I feel sympathy and no judgment, but the factor re the children is very sobering.
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be devastating for all the family. It makes me wonder if she ever had any professional help? Of course she'd have to want it and she might have rejected the idea.

No, instead of professional help she turned to Scientology because the 'church' claims to be the experts at getting people off drugs and they would also have drilled a fear of getting proper therapeutic treatment because they also happen to be on an avowed crusade to destroy the profession of psychiatry and associated practices. Of course it's all quackery but the 'church' will have happily taken her money and any positive publicity she could give them.

As for Peaches, her name is just the latest addition to a very long list of deaths associated with Scientology and Narconon. Meanwhile, the 'church' continues to recruit in the UK and receives hundreds of thousands of pounds a year from local councils. Volunteers create front groups and are welcomed into our schools to give talks on drug education and Narconon is trying to open up a new residential rehab facility in England.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conclusion

Hell is for children with famous parents in art.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member

She was 25 and not a child , if she was still upset over her mother then seek help . She knew the consequences of the drug and clearly thought of only her self and not her two children .

We all have to make choices in this world and she made her's and paid the price .

What happened with her mother was tragic and awful but 15 years later she repeated the same mistake with her child . It comes across the height of selfishness and I just hope this does not lead to a life of drugs for one of her children in the future as she has now left them with the same scars she carried.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just terribly sad, and so tragic for her children.
    Honestly though, people with mental problems - including addiction - their minds just don't work in a simplistic, black and white way. i.e: "I'm not coping, therefore I'll seek help".
    It's an awful thing that's happened, but we shouldn't judge just because we're so certain we'd never find ourselves in that black hole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will get flamed for this no doubt, but as sad as the situation is, it kind of makes a mockery of her preaching to Katie Hopkins et al about attachment parenting....
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    She was obviously scarred by the way her mother killed herself,what I dont understand is, why would she inflict the same pain onto her own children, will they now grow up seeing what their mother and grand mother did , and then find themselves on the same slippery path of selfishness and destruction?

Who would want to be famous??.....
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Can't say I'm surprised given the sordid little world she inhabited. That husband of hers doesn't exactly look like a clean living specimen either.

Poor babies.

He must be on drugs then. Case closed.

Seriously?????
  • scheadschead Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have watched Peaches with interest in the press through her pregnancies and after and her impressive debate with Katie Hopkins.

However I would say in answer to a previous post that during her pregnancy she remained in the same thin/frail/pale state during and after and that is not her natural body shape when you look back - especially for a pregnant woman. I am not saying she was using then but something was amiss - eating wise or else. I can see that from a previous eating disorder sufferer.

I think she truly loved her kids and wanted the idyllic quiet life but as somebody said it was as though she was hiding her true emotions and over playing the fact she was this now changed woman - even moving from London to escape the party type crowd she was in. She seemed such a very much good earth mother and doing everything for her kids and showing us this evidence or sharing because she was so proud and then well how sad.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for her children. Stupid, selfish, self indulgent, little witch. Hell mend her.
  • Fiery PhoenixFiery Phoenix Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    CRM wrote: »
    Not the nicest of things for me to post, but she overdosed on heroin a few times over the years. It was hushed up.

It was actually reported in The Sun that she had medically 'died' at the time.

I don't get all the sympathy for her, basically she was a smackhead who did drugs with her children around. Would the sympathy exist for a Mum from a council estate?
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    I think her family-certainly her Husband,knew she was using,hence the panic when she didnt answer phone. They must take some blame. :(

If the reports are true, she alone is responsible for taking heroin. No one can force you to take drugs, just as no one can force you to seek help for a drug problem.