GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has moving the shoe from 10pm on a Wednesday, to 9pm on a Friday harmed the show.

Next week it is Celebrity Gogglebox, could be a laugh
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    It was the hypocrisy last night of some of them that made me realise that I did not want to watch this bunch of people anymore.

I know what you mean but I think that, more than hypocrisy, some of them are just a bit thick. I wonder if they watch it back and see how they're coming across?
  • NeilBrookesNeilBrookes Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    In County Durham its the Moffitts, Daddy Moffitt, Mummy Moffitt and their daughter Very Stupid Moffitt ( who looks like the love child of Ken Dodd and an Umpa Lumpa!).
  • KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First time watching the show last night this series and boy, did it drag. Used to be a show I'd look forward to every week but it felt old and dull now. I'll have a watch of the celeb one to see how that fares but otherwise done with the show now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will do a quick check of the celeb one next week but, yeah it needs to be axed now but it never will
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    The one person that is starting to bug me is Scarlett Moffatt use to appear on MTV - I admit sometimes she can be funny but tonight I found her saying something about "fat" people a bit insulting, I think sometimes she really needs to think before she speaks

Stop being so sensitive. She was taking the piss out of herself for being fat. I think it's great when someone can take the mick out of themselves.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    For the first time I really didn't enjoy last nights episode. Be-headings and murdering peoples pet dogs. I watch for a bit of light entertainment and a laugh, not to be put on a downer.

They need to mix it up and show a wider variety for programmes too. Back in the first 2 series they used to show a real good mixutre of stuff. This year it's just seems to be X Factor, Downton and the News. :(
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop being so sensitive. She was taking the piss out of herself for being fat. I think it's great when someone can take the mick out of themselves.

Was she it didn't look like that to me - as I mentioned she is sometimes funny but she can be stupid in what she says that was all I was pointing out - some people may have took offence to it (I took offence as in reaction as to the way she was saying/describing), yet irony of it all is that you see in the programme there is a couple of "fat" people
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she it didn't look like that to me - as I mentioned she is sometimes funny but she can be stupid in what she says that was all I was pointing out - some people may have took offence to it (I took offence as in reaction as to the way she was saying/describing), yet irony of it all is that you see in the programme there is a couple of "fat" people

She said "us fatties" so she was referring to herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »

OK I must have picked it up wrong
  • pamlandypamlandy Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Katie Michaels = more tea vicar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Far too much of Sandy and Sandra (would happily see them axed after this series ends), same with the Tappers - the daughter and mother are just so unlikeable! The Tapper's daughter comes across as incredibly spoilt (I can't believe she's only 13 either) and her parents are at fault for allowing her to become unhealthily obese, not to mention obnoxious - if my 13 year old son behaved like she did.... well, he wouldn't anyway! Leon is also now playing up to the camera too much and the chess men add nothing to the show.

Would like to see more of the Manchester family - the dad's expression makes me laugh before he's even said anything! - and also much more of the Siddiquis, great family!

Don't understand why the vicar gets such a hard time on the forums - she was asked to wear her collar, it wasn't her choice, so leave the woman alone!!

I don't have an issue with whatever shows they're watching - I watch it for their comments. If people were offended by the (horrible) treatment of dogs, rather than complain to Gogglebox, they'd be better petitioning and joining forces with charities who are trying to stop the trade. Also, as a vegetarian, I'm equally offended - if that's the right word - by people saying 'yum' about a cow. If you're going to eat animals, there should be no differentiation - an animal is an animal. However, all should be treated humanely, both in life and death.

Omg, you vultures leave her alone. FFS she's only 13. There are loads of people that go through that weird chubby period in their early teens but shape up nicely as they grow old.

People and comments like you and yours build life long complexes out of little mount hills and then you have the nerve to be shocked when so many people develop issues with anorexia, bulimia, low self esteem and self harming.

I wonder If Amy was underweight would you be eagerly enthusiastic to blame her parents for her eating disorder????
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg, you vultures leave her alone. FFS she's only 13. There are loads of people that go through that weird chubby period in their early teens but shape up nicely as they grow old.

People and comments like you and yours build life long complexes out of little mount hills and then you have the nerve to be shocked when so many people develop issues with anorexia, bulimia, low self esteem and self harming.

I wonder If Amy was underweight would you be eagerly enthusiastic to blame her parents for her eating disorder????

My son is 13, so I know about teenagers, thanks. The Tapper girl isn't going through the 'weird, chubby period', she's morbidly - and unhealthily- obese. And yes, if she was anorexically thin, then I'm sure that would be commented on. It's nothing to do with being a 'vulture', it's stating a very obvious fact. Her parents not dealing with this issue now is what will set the girl up with a problem for life. Her attitude problem also should be taken to task, although I expect you think she'll get along fine in life just as she is!
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    For the first time I really didn't enjoy last nights episode. Be-headings and murdering peoples pet dogs. I watch for a bit of light entertainment and a laugh, not to be put on a downer.

They need to mix it up and show a wider variety for programmes too. Back in the first 2 series they used to show a real good mixutre of stuff. This year it's just seems to be X Factor, Downton and the News. :(

I know things like the dog programme are hard to watch but it's good that gogglebox are showing it and bringing it to peoples attention. Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows afterall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    I know things like the dog programme are hard to watch but it's good that gogglebox are showing it and bringing it to peoples attention. Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows afterall.

This I don't agree with...it is a good idea to bring it to peoples attention, what they didn't need to do was show the most graphic scenes, all they needed to do was show the reactions and then, if we was that intrested as to what was so bad that they reacted how they did we could have caught up on it
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    OK I must have picked it up wrong

It told you this in an earlier post, which you ignored, instead of 'looking' and 'picking' try listening.
    Well, she insulted herself then, as she counted herself as a fatty who hides away in the shade in the summer.

It seems the Goggleboxers can't win, they're playing up for the cameras and should be more natural, then should think about everything they say like a politician, in case someone finds it offensive.

Hey ho, I'm still enjoying the show, titles come up far too quickly, as they do every week, for me.

There's need to add pre-emptive offence to the mix, based on what you think others might say, they can say it themselves if they're that bothered.

Last week it was Leon and the UKip thing, when he clearly explained his point on-screen to June.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Last week it was Leon and the UKip thing, when he clearly explained his point on-screen to June.

No it wasn't, not in anyway shape and form and plenty of people I have spoken to who still manage to watch Gogglebox agreed. It's quite clear he had and has no idea what he wants with Politics as his opinion changes ever series
  • spectraspectra Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it wasn't, not in anyway shape and form and plenty of people I have spoken to who still manage to watch Gogglebox agreed. It's quite clear he had and has no idea what he wants with Politics as his opinion changes ever series

it was completely clear if you understood Leon's politics. He wants Labour to do as well as possible so if UKIP can gain some Conservative votes then that is all good to him.

You commented on his left wing views so you are aware of his politics so it would be understandable for you to have picked up on this at the time.

You didn't and that is fair enough but now that it has been explained you surely can't be questioning this views can you?

He is Labour through and through and will be to the end!
    Forum Member
    This I don't agree with...it is a good idea to bring it to peoples attention, what they didn't need to do was show the most graphic scenes, all they needed to do was show the reactions and then, if we was that intrested as to what was so bad that they reacted how they did we could have caught up on it

There's little point in showing reactions to something we haven't seen, removes the context.
    If you don't know Unreported World, it airs at 19:30 Friday's, pretty sure it used to be Saturday evening years ago.
    Unreported World episode guide.

That program actually resulted in a Unreported world thread on here, first one I've ever seen.
  • RoweyRowey Posts: 2,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers of this take a load of DVD's of this weeks TV shows around their houses first thing in the morning and give them drinks and snacks and get them to watch 10 mins of each programme and tell them to try and slag it off if possible as that will be funnier. If they can't think of anything to say they will give them a humorous pre-written line to say.

Then they edit their reaction clips together and an episode of Gogglebox is made.
    Forum Member

OFFS it's been explained on here (based on what he said, not guesswork) and he explained it to June, if you're too busy trying to have a pop at him/the program to listen, then that's down to you.

Anyway doesn't matter now you're turning it in with Gogglebox.
    You can pretend it's been axed and ignore it and those of us who still enjoy the program can carry on watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I am saying, to which nobody on here seems to be getting, IS...the more seats UKIP get the more power they get...saying you want UKIP to get more seats from Conservatives is basically saying your favouring UKIP over them no matter which way around you put it. It is quite clear nobody here seems to realise the point I am making. Yes they are both bad but, being a Labour supporter, wouldn't it have been better if he rather Labour got the more seats? But then again, you all just sit there thinking I haven't got a grasp when even people I know, he know more about Politics than me (way way way more) don't even understand just why he would want that
  • RIPYorkshireTVRIPYorkshireTV Posts: 361
    Forum Member

They didn't show the most graphic scenes. What they did do is exactly what you suggest, they showed the reactions to the most graphic scenes.
    Forum Member
    What I am saying, to which nobody on here seems to be getting, IS...the more seats UKIP get the more power they get...saying you want UKIP to get more seats from Conservatives is basically saying your favouring UKIP over them no matter which way around you put it. It is quite clear nobody here seems to realise the point I am making. Yes they are both bad but, being a Labour supporter, wouldn't it have been better if he rather Labour got the more seats? But then again, you all just sit there thinking I haven't got a grasp when even people I know, he know more about Politics than me (way way way more) don't even understand just why he would want that

Welsh Lad explained this to you before, so lets not got over it again, because I don't think it could be explained any clearer than his post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It told you this in an earlier post, which you ignored, instead of 'looking' and 'picking' try listening.

There's need to add pre-emptive offence to the mix, based on what you think others might say, they can say it themselves if they're that bothered.

We all have difference in opinion and views I picked up what I thought she said - I stand corrected - I am happy when someone corrects me but lets get a bit real the girl is not that bright at times and how the heck is she in the show anyway if you look at it - the other family were kicked out of Gogglebox, yet she was on an MTV show before this? So how is it one rule for one and another for someone else?
This discussion has been closed.