Judges' choices ?

13»

Comments

• yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    She isn't doing the samba. She is doing the paso doble as her choice so it would be completely nonsensical if she wasn't doing a ballroom dance as the judges choice.

Does anyone know WHY the judges' choices are top secret this year ?
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    She isn't doing the samba. She is doing the paso doble as her choice so it would be completely nonsensical if she wasn't doing a ballroom dance as the judges choice.

I'd like to believe this but people have said Caroline & Pasha were on BBC Breakfast this morning in the studio, and Frankie & Kevin were rehearsing to La Bamba in the background :(
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know WHY the judges' choices are top secret this year ?

Maybe, to make it more exciting.
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, to make it more exciting.

It would be more exciting,( perhaps a little cruel) if they only announced it on the day, in the show. Tell them in advance whether it was ballroom or latin so they could wear suitable attire, but just announce it and they have to dance it.
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    It would be more exciting,( perhaps a little cruel) if they only announced it on the day, in the show. Tell them in advance whether it was ballroom or latin so they could wear suitable attire, but just announce it and they have to dance it.

Lol, I think that would be cruel.
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I think that would be cruel.

Haha perhaps, but in the real dance world, we have to keep 10 dances going all the time!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's been posted yet, but in the backstage video for the final, the screen projections for Mark's Cha-Cha-Cha are shown during someone's interview. Which would be perhaps even odder a choice than Frankie's Samba.
  • Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I think her fanbase should get the chip off their shoulder and stop with the 'big bad judges, why's Caroline the favourite, I don't want the samba or to be on first!!!! wah, wah, wah' conspiracy nonsense before the final. It's off putting and alienating to people who otherwise would be happy with whoever wins.

Why on earth would the judges/producers not want her to win? She's young, beautiful, dancing with one of the more popular pros, a wag and doing the tour. Be reasonable.

I actually quite agree with you. As much as it is a bit gutting that Frankie has to do her Samba again (although I quite enjoyed it), I honestly think that if the producers were favouring anyone, they're favouring Frankie for many reasons I've explaimed in Her appreciation thread! :D
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think mark judges choice is the cha cha going from the graphics in the video from the BBC website or it may be they are just using the same graphics for his showdance