Little arrow jumping around

LillithLillith Posts: 946
Forum Member
✭✭
The little arrow on my computer screen (cursor?) keeps jumping around all over the place which makes typing words very frustrating. Any advice on how to cure this?

Comments

• stevensdrsstevensdrs Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a laptop with a touchpad or a pc with a mouse?
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Are you brushing the touchpad, if you have one, with your hand as you type?

If you are running Windows then under 'Mouse' in control panel you should be able to select an option to hide the mouse cursor whilst typing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    And if it's a laser mouse, check there's not something (a hair) between the laser and the surface.
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a laptop.I am very carefull not to stray from the keyboard when I type bit it still goes haywire.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could still be touching the touchpad with your wrist - it used to happen to me a lot until I saw a reply in this forum about the problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I know the OP says not, but wrist brushing the trackpad is the usual answer.

Some laptops have a button above the keyboard to disable the pad.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not an Advent laptop is it?
    Seemingly some of them had a known problem with the cursor jumping around.

A friend of mine bought one from Currys that did that, and they took it back and got a different brand as replacement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this must be a common problem with laptops/netbooks as i've experienced it with3 of these
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a common problem. This little program fixed the problem for me: TouchFreeze