Options

Judges' choices ?

yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know what the judges dance choices are please? Zoe mentioned Argentine Tango for Simon on ITT tonght but I seem to have missed the rest.

Comments

• Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's Simon's choice .. not judges choice. Either we will be told tomorrow or have to wait until finals night.
  • Options
    Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vicki Gill mentioned shortening some of the original dresses so my bet is Caroline is doing the AS 😍
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    I think that's Simon's choice .. not judges choice. Either we will be told tomorrow or have to wait until finals night.

Simon and Kristina said they were pleased with the judges choice when they were on ITT last night, that makes me think we can rule out the rumba at the very least.
  • Options
    AustenfanAustenfan Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    The judges have chosen a samba for Frankie!
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austenfan wrote: »
    The judges have chosen a samba for Frankie!

:o

Hope she comes out and smashes it. She can definitely improve it, which is the point of the judges choice. Anyone know what the others are doing? There are a lot of earlier ones they might pick for Mark, he got some poor scores. Simon had a few weak ones as well.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if she has samba - let's hope they pick equally dodgey dances for the others
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    if she has samba - let's hope they pick equally dodgey dances for the others

Like - anything ballroom for Caroline? :o
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samba sounds like a difficult one for Frankie - not a crowd pleaser.

Hope Simon gets his waltz or one of his other ballroom dances.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Caroline gets AS and Simon any ballroom
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon should get either samba (most obvious "mistakes" to rectify) or Viennese Waltz (greatly improved ballroom technique means he should do a much better job of it second time around). Mark I would say American Smooth for the same reasons as the latter although most of his better ballroom dances ended up looking like one anyway.
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Simon and Kristina said it was one of their favourites, I think it could possibly be charleston.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    American smooth Flackers
  • Options
    catakincatakin Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Frankie's definitely dancing the samba as she was on BBC this morning going through her routine so I don't think anyone else would get that from the judges. That is my least favourite dance from anyone so looks like I'll be voting for someone else. But I do want Frankie to win but not with the samba. :(
  • Options
    Debz_LynnDebz_Lynn Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Surely the judges' choice must be 'opportunity to improve' rather than their fave then? I liked Kev's samba choreo, so it'd be good to see it better executed :) I still can't believe we won't see that tango again: a logistic issue with the green face perhaps? :/
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect the faff of her flying up to the ceiling at the end with a giant curtain trailing off her arse would probably have troubled them more...
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Caroline gets given the AS to do again. That wardrobe malfunction at the start put her off her stride and, to be frank, her Latin has always been better than her ballroom, so I'd like to see what she can do with it now.

I liked Frankie's samba and she could definitely do a better job of it now. She made a mistake in the middle of it, IIRC, and that put her off. However, all the celebs' own picks are Latin dances and I'd like to see the judges pick ballroom for each contestant, just to balance out the overall programme. Having said that, since Frankie is doing an AS-style showdance, the samba is an ok choice.

I'd like to see Simon do the Quickstep again as it was his breakthrough dance, but if the judges want to see an ok dance done to a higher standard, maybe they'll pick the VW for Simon? That would be good.

I'm truly not bothered what they give Mark to dance because I can't think of a single dance of his that has stood out from the crowd, with the exception of emo-rumba (for all the wrong reasons). Quickstep perhaps?
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »

I'm truly not bothered what they give Mark to dance because I can't think of a single dance of his that has stood out from the crowd, with the exception of emo-rumba (for all the wrong reasons). Quickstep perhaps?

I would quite like to see the Waltz again, or AS mabybe, but danced in a proper outfit instead of s**tstopper pants and a girly jumper :D

Edit: so memorable was it for the outfit only that I have had to alter the dance name three times to get it right ;)
  • Options
    sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whichever dances get selected by the judges there are bound to be countless accusations of judge bias towards one couple or another ;)
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sambadan wrote: »
    Whichever dances get selected by the judges there are bound to be countless accusations of judge bias towards one couple or another ;)

Agreed!
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sambadan wrote: »

That's already happening - got to get the excuses in early.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here are my predictions
    Frankie and Kevin Samba confirmed
    Flackers and Pasha American Smooth Bruno said he would like to see it again
    Simon and Kristina Samba they made a couple of mistakes but was very good ]
    Mark and Karen Jive fun loving dance
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Here are my predictions
    Frankie and Kevin Samba confirmed
    Flackers and Pasha American Smooth Bruno said he would like to see it again
    Simon and Kristina Samba they made a couple of mistakes but was very good ]
    Mark and Karen Jive fun loving dance

Won't be any dance from last week, so that rules out the Samba for Simon. From comments it could be the Quickstep.

Mark could have the Salsa, Tango or Waltz. They seem to pick dances scoring around 33 or so.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would prefer that the couples choose their own dances, that way their fate their own responsibility.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    Personally I would prefer that the couples choose their own dances, that way their fate their own responsibility.

They already do for one dance.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    They already do for one dance.

I know. They should choose both. A latin one and a ballroom one of their choice plus the showdance which is how it used to be once upon a time.

I suspect given a free choice Frankie would have chosen Paso Doble and Tango as she said on ITT that these were her favourite dances of the series.

All of them should have a free choice with their fate in their own hands.