Options

live feed bugs me

guvner2009guvner2009 Posts: 287
Forum Member
Why is it the live feed footage was always so rubbish?

For example just now when they was playing that game you missed someone being splashed, I know its nothing big but its nice to feel like your part of whats going on in a way and when you miss the best bit it really bugs me.

Also convos that happen tend to flick to somewhere else half way through them.

I know it could be to save the best bits for the hl but most the time it is never showed, And i know it could be because they are swearing or talking about the outside world but they do it way to often for it to always be the case!

Total rubbish :mad:

Comments

• Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    It was absolutely awful last night and seems to be again this afternoon, they don't care anymore because it's almost over, all they care about is getting the dosh from the voting.
  • Options
    Color of NightColor of Night Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I get annoyed when they are talking about something interesting & the sound dips in & out so you think they must be using it for the HL but it never happens so you don't find out the end of the conversation.
    We don't see everything on the LF either, obviously we can't so we don't really know what really sparks arguments or reasons why HM's don't get on.
    The HL's annoys me too as they don't show the full story on things happening or why they got out of hand, they say they show you the beginning & the out come but what happened in between, its so frustrating when you have seen it on LF & know that's not how it was but that's how they have edited to be.
  • Options
    beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    guvner2009 wrote: »
    Also convos that happen tend to flick to somewhere else half way through them.

I remember reading somewhere that there are four feeds that are switched between to make the LF we see- maybe they're on a timer to switch from event to event?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    Its like they are ready to pull the plug on you watching anything that becomes or sounds interesting and go to the most boring scene they can find.Usually Steve sitting alone or Andrew in bed .I could operate the cameras better .
  • Options
    Captain AwesomeCaptain Awesome Posts: 2,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they handle it really well. When an argument breaks out they keep right on it. When nothings happening they just flip around the house to give an idea of what everyone's doing.

I like it.
  • Options
    floppydogfloppydog Posts: 1,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not make it a rule that housemates can't sing so that they don't have to cut the sound as much.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I think they handle it really well. When an argument breaks out they keep right on it. When nothings happening they just flip around the house to give an idea of what everyone's doing.

I like it.
    I agree. Incidentally, most sound dips are due to legal reasons. There is so much stuff they are not allowed to broadcast it is required. Most of the time I watch after 9pm there are few sound cuts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I agree. Incidentally, most sound dips are due to legal reasons. There is so much stuff they are not allowed to broadcast it is required. Most of the time I watch after 9pm there are few sound cuts.

I can understand that whilst it is on E4, but surely the watershed doesn't apply to a subscription internet feed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it always disconnect after an hour or so "due to inactivity"

It's annoying when your lying in bed watching it and it goes off after a while.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    I can understand that whilst it is on E4, but surely the watershed doesn't apply to a subscription internet feed?
    Part of it though would include them talking about things that could get them in hot water legally like talking about someone in the outside world. With only a 15 minute delay they won't have time to check with lawyers etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Mine keeps freezing this afternoon too.

Have to keep refreshing but it only lasts for a second or so before it freezes again!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Lins_81 wrote: »
    Why does it always disconnect after an hour or so "due to inactivity"

That bugs me as well.