River's Timeline...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
Something i've been wondering ever since Let's Kill Hitler... if that was indeed the first time River/Melody met the Doctor, then how is she supposed to come back in episode 11? I know obviously they can time-travel, but in her timeline shouldn't that still be before their meeting in LKH for her? Confused:confused:

Comments

• hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Something i've been wondering ever since Let's Kill Hitler... if that was indeed the first time River/Melody met the Doctor, then how is she supposed to come back in episode 11? I know obviously they can time-travel, but in her timeline shouldn't that still be before their meeting in LKH for her? Confused:confused:

River lies!

I think the line about her time line running in reverse was a plot device for DOTM to make it more poignant when River kissed the Doctor for his first time realising it was his last time.

I don't think their time lines are truly running in reverse, why would they need diaries if so? We have yet to see Asgard and Jin the Fish. It would have been Ten who took her to The Singing Towers before her death and if he barely knew her would he have been so upset?

Time will tell I guess:rolleyes:;)