Pace DTVA problems

squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have two pace boxes, old on-digi box working fine upstairs of indoor ariel, recieving all channels normally. Having problems with Pace DTVA, running through main aeriel have only 54 channels, have lost QVC, , five, cartoon network etc. When I re scan I only get the 54. Yet upstairs all these channels are working normally. Anybody any ideas what's going on, it's been like this for about 4 or 5 days?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The DTVA was known to suffer from overheating problems and therefore the tuner eventually dying - i used to have one and boy did it cook itself! Then it started losing signal... then the tuner died. Sorry!
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, not sure if that's the problem but it's sounds about right as it does seem to get awfully warm, anyway I'll keep perservering with it, till it goes, than get a new one. Can anyone reccomend, cheap, cheerful does it all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Echostar T101 Plus in Woolworths is your best bet - It's a Great Box and it's Cheap! Prices range from £39.99 to £45.00 and it's a good box!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends if you also use it for TuTV...then a echostar T105 or the thomson model.

I had a dtva, it too baked itself to a slow and painful death :(
  • PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These problems with over heating on the DTVA, did they only affect one mux (seems odd) or was it general

The original message seems to be about problems with Mux A, of which there are quite a few reports of things not working properly at the moment
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, not sure if it's a box problem or what, rescanned this morning, got all channels back, and fairly decent picture, though some break up. The box is still getting warm though, so I think it's a case of put up with it till it dies. I'm presuming it was a Mux A problem, but who knows, it seems to be happening rather a lot! It's keeping the kids happy at least.