Options

My perfect 50th

sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was going to leave my ideas on another thread circling about at the moment, it's called "the perfect 50th anniversarry" or something:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1814311

However I wanted to do my own thread, just so I cold comment my own hopes, fear, worries and thoughts on whats actually happening. Then, if you all just want to ignore this and stay with the other, similar thread, then fine. Or, if you want to feedback or give your own ideas on here as well, equally fine.

First of all, what has the BBC actually confirmed about the anniversarry? 10, Rose and the Zygons are definately all coming back. C Eccleston has said he wont be appearing. However, to the best of my knowledge (please someone confirm if this is true or not), the BBC has NOT confirmed a similar statement by S McCoy about both himself and all classic Doctors.

At the moment, it is looking like the only past Doctor involved will be Tennant. Personally, I think this is wrong, and I'm hoping the Moff, who has already brought back 5, isnt doing this. This should be celebrating all past 50 years, and if they are bringing back old Doctors, but only Nu-Who ones, then it looks like it's ignoring everything pre-2005. I really wanted classic Doctors to appear, especially T Baker (he's getting much older now, so it might be the last chance for the most popular+iconic Doctor after Tennant to return) and P McGann who never got a proper shot at it and was really good. An appearence by the 8th Doctor would also serve to link the classic series and the New series, which can both be quite different at times. So, heres what I'd do if I was Moffatt:

Have 11 somehow arrive on this dead planet, ruined by war. Maybe the TARDIS has crashed there, maybe he's chased this big nasty that lives there, I dunno. Depends on whatever happens in series 7.2. Turns out this is a planet thats been devestated by the time war, a great conflict Clara only now finds out about, a conflict fought throughout all of history where the Daleks tried to take on the Time Lords. In order to save the universe, the 8th Doctor was forced to destroy/timelock every moment of the war, resulting in his homeplanet, and every single Time Lord apart from himself, being erased from history. Alone, dying, and guilty of genocide, a much older 8th Doctor has crashed here in a burnt and near-destroyed TARDIS and is feeling suicidal. He doosent want to regenerate, he's the last of his kind.

But 11 would give him hope. 11 would be the perfect Doctor for this, as the Moffatt era has really seen all the war guilt and stuff being abandoned. 11 would be able to show him that it does get better after this, that it's not the end and that he will be happy again. After an adventure involving the hideous, mutated leftovers from the war, 8 would regenerate, and begin a new life. We'd have a return for C Eccleston's Doctor, and we'd see his character devote himself to going around, saving worlds once more, as atonement. His first mission-to prevent a Nestene invasion of Earth in 2005. (If the anniversarry were also to include other Doctors like Baker or Tennant, I'd have them as alternate versions of their Doctor who exist because of the history changing the time war involved.)

I think this would be perfect, as it celebrates not only all of Dr Who's past, but also the successfull rejuvenation of a dead show, with the regeneration of a lost and dying 8 etc. It could even be called regeneration or rejuvanation or resurection or something like that. Now obviously I'm not expecting Moffat to be coming up with the same half-baked ideas I've cooked up in my head, but it would be nice to see something similar. What does everyone think?

Comments

• Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    That's actually a really nice idea, and the message at the heart of it would be wonderful.

The main problem I can see with that, though, is that if 8 knows 11 exists then that would cause problems with The End of Time. But that's by the by. I also think they're going to want something a bit more off the wall and bombastic than this (and probably something more light-hearted) but as a basic idea for a multi-Doctor story, great stuff. :)
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant idea