Peanut Butter..Yum

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
Forum Member
Have a bad habit of eating crunchy peanut butter by the spoonful from the jar
anyone else a peanut butter fan?

and does anyone have a recipe for making a sauce with it for chicken?

Comments

• CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crunchy Peanut Butter is spawned by Satan himself, I'm a smooth man all the way.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My treat is a couple of Jacobs crackers with crunchy peanut butter.............

I've used PB for chicken..............cook the chicken first then cut it up into pieces, finish off in a pan with some oil and veg of your choice and a fee dollops of PB added near the end just to coat everything..............
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Have a look for satay recipies
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Peanut butter and Nutella sandwich.

One of the best combinations ever,not for those on a diet though
  • BlueZane00BlueZane00 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Yes, love it just by itself. It's nice with a stick of celery as well. (Celery with almond butter is also really nice.)
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skippy (smooth) peanut butter is the best, closely followed by Aldi's one, Grandessa i think its called? On toast with sliced banana, mmm
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skippy (smooth) peanut butter is the best, closely followed by Aldi's one, Grandessa i think its called? On toast with sliced banana, mmm

Agree, Skippy is the best PB. It'd be nice if we had some of the other varieties they have in the US, though - the one swirled with grape jam is amazing. :D
  • Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skippy smooth yum yum. I have a jar of Reece's creamy! Very nice indeed.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueZane00 wrote: »
    Yes, love it just by itself. It's nice with a stick of celery as well. (Celery with almond butter is also really nice.)

I've convinced myself that this is a very healthy snack - especially with a few raisins thrown on top (ants on a log)

Favourite way to serve it is on wholemeal toast though, love yet hate the way it sticks to the roof of my mouth.
  • Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Peanut Butter and chocolate. Peanut Butter chicken wings are amazing! Peanut butter Kit Kat is to die for!

I prefer smooth though! I love it, I am going to buy some tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried it Elvis style? Peanut butter, jam, white bread and... fried.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crunchy peanut butter on crumpets with honey. Love it. :D
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peanut Butter and chocolate.

:) Yep. That's something the Americans do well. So many tasty products with peanut butter and chocolate. Unfortunately not as readily available in the UK (at least not at a reasonable price). Made peanut butter cups once, they were easy to make and were suprisingly (for my cooking) ridiculously good! :p
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tried it Elvis style? Peanut butter, jam, white bread and... fried.

Don't forget the banana and bacon!
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Adore peanut butter - crunchy especially. I love it with Vegemite or marmite too ( I never put flora on if using PB).

However, this past year or so I've been on a fat free diet using Xenical, so I dare not go near it! Eating a couple of pieces of toast with PB on it while watching TV at night is probably why I'm on a diet!:D:o:(
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,637
    Forum Member
    Skippy smooth peanut butter is delicious!

I'm also rather partial to Sainsbury's Basics Crunchy Peanut Butter - way better than their standard one.

And essential Waitrose Wholenut Peanut Butter is also rather good and seems a bit more 'virtuous' because it has the whole peanut in it and no sugar.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Crunchy peanut butter stirred into vanilla icecream.
  • joe2-snjjoe2-snj Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only buy it for making Peanut butter based chicken/king prawn curries. Works very well when combined with Coconut cream. A bowl of that with some Japanese sushi rice is heaven :)
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get enough of the stuff, but it has to be Whole Earth smooth for me. And yes, given the chance, I can happily eat it from the jar :o
  • diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    gmphmac wrote: »
    I can't get enough of the stuff, but it has to be Whole Earth smooth for me. And yes, given the chance, I can happily eat it from the jar :o

That's my favourite too. The others are way too sweet for me. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Crunchy Peanut Butter is spawned by Satan himself, I'm a smooth man all the way.

Agree 100% on that one!

I love peanut butter. If I wasn't watching the waistline I'd eat it by the jarful. This thread is making me hungry...
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    Crunchy peanut butter stirred into vanilla icecream.

I will be trying this. Yes
  • mrs.flowersmrs.flowers Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Making chocolate brownies with peanut butter chips stirred through!!
  • Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    geemonkee wrote: »
    :) Yep. That's something the Americans do well. So many tasty products with peanut butter and chocolate. Unfortunately not as readily available in the UK (at least not at a reasonable price). Made peanut butter cups once, they were easy to make and were suprisingly (for my cooking) ridiculously good! :p

Like the ones in Ben and Jerry's ice cream?
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Yep,peanut butter and cream crackers,love it. But I'm not sure how healthy it is. There is a peanut butter that has little or no cholesterol. It comes separated in the jar;meaning the oil is at the top,and you have to stir it in.

I used to get it at Waitrose ,but they stopped selling it;and I know that Tesco sell or use to sell it,but I don't have a Tesco near to me.

The problem is I have it everyday at work,but a bit concerned about to much cholesterol I'm taking in.