Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone get the point of the Iceland ad?
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Freeview advert with the dancing fish (yes, I meant what I typed!), I can already see myself getting annoyed by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posh Bloke wrote: »
    I think it's Cavan Clerkin. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0166420/?ref_=tt_cl_t4
    He was in Pulling amongst other programs

Thanks, think i've seen a few of the things on his IMDB but still think he's creepy in that ad!
  • Options
    Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Freeview advert with the dancing fish (yes, I meant what I typed!), I can already see myself getting annoyed by.

Is that the one with the tadpoles? Ew, it gives me the creeps, especially when a group of the black ones swim towards the 'camera'.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    That annoying "Whack a do, wack a de, what a day" lottery ad! :mad:

When I heard that I thought Timmy Mallett was back :o
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    The one with the " rap " that goes " Talk about the weather ...giving it some leather " ....I can kind of hear his idiot brain going " ooh thats a good rhyme " ....THE worst rapping ive ever heard , which is really going some . I kind of want to physically shake him for being so beyond laughably crap and not even beginning to realise it grrrrr. Surely this kind of gubbins doesnt help to shift a product. ......does it ? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    The creepy Birds Eye polar bear, why is that still on?

He lives in the freezer and talks like a telephone sex pest, it's just weird:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    The one with the " rap " that goes " Talk about the weather ...giving it some leather " ....I can kind of hear his idiot brain going " ooh thats a good rhyme " ....THE worst rapping ive ever heard , which is really going some . I kind of want to physically shake him for being so beyond laughably crap and not even beginning to realise it grrrrr. Surely this kind of gubbins doesnt help to shift a product. ......does it ? :eek:

And at the end it sounds like he's saying 'Holm swee' hum' :o:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Does anyone get the point of the Iceland ad?
    Saw a trail last night for a new BBC docusoap about Iceland (the shop:p) promising us an inside view of it's staff and ops
    blah blah.
    Not only is this a blatent advert/plug for the shop they even have the gall to use their name in the programme's title.

If the BBC are going to advertise I want my licence fee back:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is what it's based on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoOjtNs9EOk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    santander with the 'personality kids' - jenson button, the golfer and jess ennis
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BASF
    What's the point of this? Are we expected to think "Hmm, I fancy buying some chemicals now!"?!
    Just makes me think of all those cassettes rotting away in a cupboard.
  • Options
    WoodyouratherWoodyourather Posts: 81
    Forum Member

Agreed. Irritates me to the core.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D I thought of old VHS tapes too!
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me what the singer is mumbling in the Tetley Tea advert please. Trying to understand the words is driving me mad.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the Christmas adverts have started, Disney World and Morrisons so far.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Lloyds bank adverts. More of the "we're on your side" bollocks that banks are coming out with recently.
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the Christmas adverts have started, Disney World and Morrisons so far.

Morrisons are advertising a promotion which involves spending a certain amount in store for 9 of the next 10 weeks to get £40 off the Christmas shop. 10 weeks from now is 23rd December, so they have to run the ad now. Can we forgive them that one?

Apart from that, any Christmas adverts shown before December 1st should be banned.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spend £40 for the next 9 weeks to get £40 off? So I have to spend £360 to get £40 off? Great deal Morrisons! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Joey1985 wrote: »
    The creepy Birds Eye polar bear, why is that still on?

He lives in the freezer and talks like a telephone sex pest, it's just weird:o

The bear is voiced by William Dafoe. Presumably BE are holding his loved ones hostage....
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

I am sure that Ian Dury is turning in his grave everytime it is played. who thought it would be a good idea? Vauxhall trying to 'get down wid da kids' and making a mockery of one of the best songs of the late 70s. The talentless oik rapping should be ashamed too.
  • Options
    squirtlesquirtle Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My pet hate is adverts in which a skinny woman takes her finger out her mouth and we are supposed to believe she has just poked something calorific in there.

Offenders include

1 - Louise of "outstanding seats Louise" noteriety.

2 - Nicole Scherzinger eating a chocolate yogurt.

3 - The woman who remembers going to a caramel shop when she was five.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    That annoying "Whack a do, wack a de, what a day" lottery ad! :mad:

I mute the TV when that's on.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the Kindle advert with that little girl smugly saying "sometimes I just giggle to myself and people say 'what are you laughing at?', and I say '...just a book'."

How do advertisers find the most spectacularly irritating children to cast in their ads? They could at least pan round to show us what she's reading and have it be 'A Child Called It' or 'American Psycho' or something.
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my tiiiicket, got my tiiiiiicket lotto advert :mad:
This discussion has been closed.