Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG I'm so glad I missed 'Sex Box'. :eek:
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch that programme but wouldn't it be funny if they just had a cup of tea and a few biscuits and then talk about what they were supposed to have done.:D
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I shouldn't have watched the Channel 4 programme just before this as lots of the events were the same!
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whoever came up with that idea should be knighted .....

/irony
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    says the fascist .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WEEKLY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIPE

bugger that, give him five minutes every night on the six o'clock news you bastards!!!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is their a Weekly Wipe, so cool, :cool:didn't know.

:D
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the more cynical DS masses could put on a better (and less smarmy show) than Mr Huq
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Pretty sure the more cynical DS masses could put on a better (and less smarmy show) than Mr Huq

Yeah, I'll look forward to that........
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give it up Charlie, it isn't funny anymore. You don't even look arsed yourself.
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stayed up and watched it in the end! Always love charlie's look back at the year... can't wait for weekly wipe (I'm assuming it's like a conglomeration of screenwipe, newswipe and gameswipe.)
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weekly wipes have been on before
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the best laugh I've had for a long while.

Really liked the line "we don't have a President Zuma, have we been taken over by the Zumerians?!"

Also the clip of a guy saying he thought the Royal baby would be black :D
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekly wipes have been on before

so it has! for some reason my brain just filed it under "newswipe."
  • maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought it was a bit ho-hum this year.. Charlie sees to have lost his bite.. either that or there wasn't much to get excited about
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought it was a bit ho-hum this year.. Charlie sees to have lost his bite.. either that or there wasn't much to get excited about

he wasn't as surprised now as he was when the asteroid came though :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7umaUfL5ns
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed, as I said before, but the problem with the yearly one, is it inevitably just shows stuff we've seen ridiculed elsewhere before, which is why we need the weekly show.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very slick.I enjoyed that
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Great show. Some things on there I could barely believe

Sex Box?

This was really a thing?

How did I miss that?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great show. Some things on there I could barely believe

Sex Box?

It's the sort of idea I'd expect to see Alan Partridge come up with to a BBC exec.
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 out of 10 cats basically covered it all first, so it didn't pack so much of a punch sadly. Still, looking forward to weekly wipe!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mindbear wrote: »
    8 out of 10 cats basically covered it all first, so it didn't pack so much of a punch sadly. Still, looking forward to weekly wipe!
    Difference being that Charlie Brooke is funny and Jimmy Carr is not.

I find 8 Out of 10 Cats to be an infuriatingly overrated panel show anymore of which Sean Lock is the only funny and redeeming feature. I'm also bewildered during the round when a random, obscure clip from the news or wherever is shown and nothing is said about it - no questions asked about it as part of the quiz or anything.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Give it up Charlie, it isn't funny anymore. You don't even look arsed yourself.

The smug little twerp is flogging a dead horse. It is money for old rope.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this last night, though I agree with others who said that Charlie has lost a lot of his bite. Just check out some of the early episodes of Screenwipe and you can see how much more benign and reserved he's become over the years. I don't know if his move from BBC4 to BBC2 has forced him into that position or if he's genuinely just changed in his outlook.

Nevertheless, I thought last night's stuff was good. He was pretty fair on the Margaret Thatcher stuff, I thought. And he did a good job in skewering the preposterous Royal Baby rolling news coverage.

The highlight for me was Doug Stanhope's segments though. Particularly the stuff on the Oklahoma hurricane - 'thanking the Lord that their neighbours were killed and not them' pretty much sums it up doesn't it? :p
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was terrific. Perhaps he wasn't so biting as he used to be, but that suits the mood of the nation perfectly in my opinion. I've given up being angry about most of the crap, now I'm just jaded, disillusioned and bored.
    There were some great throwaway lines, so many that I'm tempted to watch it again, and there's not many programmes around that do that for me.
    I think we've become a nation of cynics, and Charlie shows us why. A diet of bullshit 24/7 for 365 days a year.