Options

|.:.| The Union J Appreciation Thread |.:.| (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Now up to 148 :)

Making quite good progress at the moment... I was expecting it to do nothing really. But maybe they will get a post album hit out of this
  • Options
    idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good it's edging up the charts. I hear it on the radio at work all the time and I think it's definitely their best single so far. I hope it goes Top 10 for them again. Wonder when we will know if there is a remix EP? I still play the Cutmore Remix of Carry You and 7th Heaven Remix of Beautiful Life far more than the originals!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Slightly quiet on here....

Just back from seeing the boys in Cardiff. Really enjoyed the show. It's great that they're all strong enough singers that they all get to do there own solo parts. I did feel slightly too old to be there though :blush:

My favourite group photo that I took... https://twitter.com/Pamela9322/status/412366086546288641
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela9322 wrote: »
    Slightly quiet on here....

Just back from seeing the boys in Cardiff. Really enjoyed the show. It's great that they're all strong enough singers that they all get to do there own solo parts. I did feel slightly too old to be there though :blush:

My favourite group photo that I took... https://twitter.com/Pamela9322/status/412366086546288641

I'm going to feel the same. And I'm a guy.

Glad you had a great time :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abibble wrote: »
    I'm going to feel the same. And I'm a guy.

Glad you had a great time :).

It was alright once they were on stage, it was just during the support acts I felt a bit out of place. Where are you seeing them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela9322 wrote: »
    It was alright once they were on stage, it was just during the support acts I felt a bit out of place. Where are you seeing them?

I'm seeing them in Manchester but I'm on my own as my niece bailed out :(. I dont think I'll be able to sell the tickets
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abibble wrote: »
    I'm seeing them in Manchester but I'm on my own as my niece bailed out :(. I dont think I'll be able to sell the tickets

Aww no, hate it when people do that. I'm sure you'll have a great time though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Union J cardboard thingies outside Claires Accessory today - thought that was pretty sweet lol.

What time does the tour show finish?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    About 10.30ish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aah thank you :). Much appreciated. Hopefully I can find someone to go with in time otherwise I'll have to do a quick sale
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from the tour! AMAZING! and INCREDIBLE! I love that they each had a solo song! and I love JJ voice even more now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been able to find anyone to go with so I'm selling my 2 tickets £260 (£130 each) or nearest offer. They're meet and greet tickets and are in row E in the front stalls so it's a good view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it's for the 30th btw i.e. this Monday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope 2014 is a good year for them. I'm really looking forward to their fragrance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have a fragrance??? Yay! :D

As much as I love them, all of there promotion seems to be going towards merchandise rather than music. On a merchandise level they seem to have almost as much available as 1D (they're definitely heading that way) but when it comes to music they've only had one 'alright' album. They need to concentrate on getting a decent second album together to build there fan-base. I'm pretty sure that merchandise isn't what gains fans!

I'm still excited by the fragrance though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, they've only mentioned it in one or two interviews, along with the dolls, but this was before their album came out so I'm not sure if it's still happening. I'd rather have the fragrance than the dolls.

Edit: Just watched another recent interview and it looks like they're still going ahead. Nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have a duvet set!
    http://instagram.com/p/jPxWoey9Tw/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duvets and dolls! They are doing very well on the merchandise front. Do you know if they are selling the dolls in shops or just online? The George and JJ ones look so like them! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Duvets and dolls! They are doing very well on the merchandise front. Do you know if they are selling the dolls in shops or just online? The George and JJ ones look so like them! :)

They're available at argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/UNION+J.htm

:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that Jaymi's and George's were pretty convincing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else tempted to get these? My best friend says he will disown me if I buy them!
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are doing a festival here in Portugal.

It's the second time they come to Lisbon, having supported Selena Gomez in her concert here, which is kind of odd. They do appear to have a fanbase here, but internet-only. I regularly listen to hit radio stations and don't think their songs have any radio airplay at all.

It seems to be a festival for high school girls, on spring break. Emblem3 are the only other international artist announced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else tempted to get these? My best friend says he will disown me if I buy them!

Nah, that's why I'd rather the fragrance came out first instead. I don't know what I'd do with the dolls...apart from make them have sex. LOL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some pics of George, Jaymi and Olly in Barbados.
    http://unionj.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=372

I think it's also the anniversary of the first X Factor tour date?