Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 5ft, never had a problem getting the ladies! :D
    That is very small for a lad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    irishfeen wrote: »
    That is very small for a lad.

Not really, genetics my friend. Kind of out of my hands. Plus if people are gonna judge me on my height then they're usually not people I wanna be around, shallow people have never been my thing ;)
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really, genetics my friend. Kind of out of my hands. Plus if people are gonna judge me on my height then they're usually not people I wanna be around, shallow people have never been my thing ;)
    Ha I'm not judging - anything but ... Just an observation. ... As you say it's genetics and it's not like we can do anything about it. :)
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Height has nothing to do with it really. Don't worry.:D
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Height has nothing to do with it really. Don't worry.:D
    What is 'it' ^_^?
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well considering Mr Kivi is 5' 1" (I'm 5' 6" and hate heels) then no, it's not short. All the males in his family are 5' 5" or shorter and I've never had any issue with it or even really noticed it.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would this put off females

No, it's a very nice height actually. Only mindless females that follow the herd would be put off by this (as well as some tall women who are insecure about being 'too tall' for a man). Intelligent people don't usually base their attraction to someone on something as unimportant as that person's stature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Being 6ft is nice!:D
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my mates is a manlet and he's with a different girl each week. So no, I guess height doesn't matter.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not your height that she would be interested in.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    It's not really a problem. It's only a problem if it's an excuse for being single.
  • Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scrilla wrote: »
    My girl is 5' (making her 15" shorter than me) and she says she wouldn't go out with someone who wasn't at least six foot tall. I do think that's a little unfair as there's nothing we can do about our height. Certainly I wouldn't bat an eyelid if a girl was anywhere from about 4'9" to 6'2".

I don't think 5'8" is short for a man; more like medium although many would probably call it short.

I hear that quite a lot; short girls who demand tall men

whereas women of average or slightly above seem to care less (as long as they don't tower over the bloke)
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    It's not your height that she would be interested in.

would she prefer extra inches on height or extres inches on penis length?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    What is 'it' ^_^?

Attraction, desire, lust, interest , falling in love?
  • Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Poll on the daily mail saying the majority of women wouldn't date a man under 6'0. 70% claim man wouldn't stand a chance under that height.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2344324/Men-dont-stand-chance-women-6ft-Bad-luck-Tom-Cruise-Daniel-Radcliffe-Jack-Black-Seth-Green.html

So 70% of women are totally shallow. Interesting... What people WANT and what THEY CAN GET are two different things. A lot of those 70% will find themselves languishing on PoF with a long list of what they will and won't tolerate

Also, money and status aren't mentioned at all, at which point the "I must have someone at least 6 foot" philosophy goes flying out the window
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Its the Daily Mail, most of their articles are rubbish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I prefer smaller men, I am only 5'4 myself so they would suit me :)
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attraction, desire, lust, interest , falling in love?
    Are all of those necessary for a long lasting relationship :p?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Poll on the daily mail saying the majority of women wouldn't date a man under 6'0. 70% claim man wouldn't stand a chance under that height.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2344324/Men-dont-stand-chance-women-6ft-Bad-luck-Tom-Cruise-Daniel-Radcliffe-Jack-Black-Seth-Green.html

I'm about 5'7.5 incidently. Just a fraction shy of 5'8 (my evening height that is not my morning height when you're taller).

I've never had a gf at 27, not sure thats to do with my height though, although I'm sure it doesn't help.

I would say in this day in age as we move more and more in the 21st century 6ft will be the minimum height for most women, so I would back that dailymail poll.

What a lot of tosh! Good old Daily Mail. Don't believe a stupid word of it.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think any of those would be a help:p
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye of course for a real relationship.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 5'8 or 5'9 and consider myself short, so, yeah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    5'8" is an average height and is not short 5'4" is short, 6' is tall
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't believe a stupid word of it.;-)

I don't need the daily mail to confirm what I already knew anyway. :D

I'm not going to be a stereotypical bitter 'short guy' about this, thats the cards that life has dealt me then so be it. If women prefer men at least 6ft, then there's preference and there's nothing wrong with that, its perfectly allowed. Its not exactly ideal for me, but then I'm sure being a 27 year old virgin isn't either.

Like I say I've never had a girlfriend before I've accepted there's a good chance I'll probably go through the rest of my life without one. Obviously that prospect used to destroy my self esteem to the point where I was suicidal, but I've learned to live with it better now. Ho hum.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really. I'd say about the average size.