Options

Is it uncool for younger folk to like any TV or radio presenter aged 55 or over

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I shall be 24 this year but feel like the only younger Terry Wogan fan in Britain

Radio just would not be the same without his jocular Irish charm

and having not been around in the 70s to watch Sale Of The Century but having seen clips of it I think Nicholas Parsons is one of the greatest quizmasters on Brittish TV

And even at the grand age of 88 dear old Nick is still chairing that wonderful Radio 4 panel game Just A Minute which he has done for the past 45 years

As a young boy I also found Bob Monkhouse hillarious whether he was doing stand up or yet another quiz show what a shame we lost him in 2003

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob Holness was well liked amongst the Uni crowd in the 80's. How old was he?
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Terry Wogan!

He had me crying with laughter when he presented Buzzcocks too :D

I really don't think this thread has much credibility because I think it's become quite cool to worship the oldies - dear old Bob Holness was a classic example of this.

The problem with what you're saying is that you allude to Radio 4 and I don't know anyone my age (29) who listens to it. I am partial to a bit of Just A Minute myself but it just doesn't appeal to the under 30s generally.
  • Options
    ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    I shall be 24 this year but feel like the only younger Terry Wogan fan in Britain

Radio just would not be the same without his jocular Irish charm

and having not been around in the 70s to watch Sale Of The Century but having seen clips of it I think Nicholas Parsons is one of the greatest quizmasters on Brittish TV

And even at the grand age of 88 dear old Nick is still chairing that wonderful Radio 4 panel game Just A Minute which he has done for the past 45 years

As a young boy I also found Bob Monkhouse hillarious whether he was doing stand up or yet another quiz show what a shame we lost him in 2003

I am 20. I listen to Terry Wogan and do kinda a few oldie programmes.
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William G Stewart rocks!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Hell no, it's not uncool at all! Join the club!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really cool people don't give a damn if others think they are not being cool.:cool:
  • Options
    Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought people stopped worrying about what was "cool" once they left school? Or was that just me, then?
  • Options
    dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are happy why does It matter what any one else thinks .
  • Options
    Owen MahoneOwen Mahone Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I'm in my early 20's and I love James Stannage past and present!
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    It's very uncool at 24 to even worry about what is/isn't cool.

Just enjoy doing what you do, and be proud to be an individual, without following the herd. :)