Mrs Brown's Boys S3 Discussion

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oscar1 wrote: »
    I like the AWARD winning show that's all that matters to me .

I like the show but winning awards doesn't mean a lot. Let's not forget, The Only Way Is Essex won a BAFTA!

Oh but I like that one too. :o
  • oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,072
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Let's not forget, The Only Way Is Essex won a BAFTA!

Oh but I like that one too. :o

I don't !!!
    Regards
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    As heard from a man in a dress with a microphone in The Black Cap, Camden High St in about 1979.

That's about the period this pile of tripe belongs to.

Miranda does not do it for me particularly, but it does at least feel like it's been written in the last 5 years.

mm, ok. Obviously before my time.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    As heard from a man in a dress with a microphone in The Black Cap, Camden High St in about 1979.

That's about the period this pile of tripe belongs to.

Miranda does not do it for me particularly, but it does at least feel like it's been written in the last 5 years.

Most jokes have been used before. Even the 'Don't tell him Pike' one in Dad's Army was nicked from the Goon Show (obviously not with the name Pike).

In a sitcom scenario, it's usually more the way a joke is told that is funny rather than the actually line itself.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Most jokes have been used before. Even the 'Don't tell him Pike' one in Dad's Army was nicked from the Goon Show (obviously not with the name Pike).

In a sitcom scenario, it's usually more the way a joke is told that is funny rather than the actually line itself.

Brendan freely admits to "stealing" jokes from all over the place.....he's not even trying to claim they are original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Well, that final show was GAS craic. (RTE pace)
    There's one line that stands out and it's hilarious <---really hilarious.
    The end bit was signposted to fck but very, very funny.

A show that gives me at least a few belly laughs is worth it's gongs no matter how obvious it is!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that final show was GAS craic. (RTE pace)
    There's one line that stands out and it's hilarious <---really hilarious.
    The end bit was signposted to fck but very, very funny.

A show that gives me at least a few belly laughs is worth it's gongs no matter how obvious it is!

Mrs Brown's (inadvertent) encounter with
    a couple of swingers
    is hilarious :D
  • doom&amp;gloomdoom&amp;gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Spoilers guys!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Spoilers guys!

We've revealed next to nothing about what actually happens in the episode (but I've done a slight adjustment anyway) :)
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Spoilers guys!

Ah, I wouldn't spoil it!
    It's a good one though ;)
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Mrs Brown's (inadvertent) encounter with
    a couple of swingers
    is hilarious :D
    :D:D:D:D::::
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madj40 wrote: »
    At the end of the day, If it doesn't float ya boat, thats too bad..As for the rest of us..:D especially at Rory's..'I knew it!' 'I was probably born into some rich familly and you bastards stole me.'..:D

Oh god this was amazing:D:D:D
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the ending song of Grease Lightning was brilliant i can't wait for Series 4
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind this show but is it just me who funds the acting if mrs browns sons and daughter to be absolutely terrible, especially the gay son and the daughter. Dreadful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I don't mind this show but is it just me who funds the acting if mrs browns sons and daughter to be absolutely terrible, especially the gay son and the daughter. Dreadful.

Well, in their defence, none of the cast (not even Brendan) are professional actors and they had zero experience of acting before MBB came along.

Brendan says that at one point before the current version was launched, TV producers wanted to put the show on air but replace most of the cast, bar him, with professonal actors, but he refused point blank as he felt the entire concept and feel of MBB would have been ruined in the process.
  • doom&amp;gloomdoom&amp;gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    the ending......

I tried :(
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For me that's part of the show's appeal. It makes them seem even more like real people, not actors. Same with how they can't stop grinning when they shouldn't be.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

I agree about Rory, but I think Cathy is a decent actress who manages to be believable playing her husband's daughter!
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, in their defence, none of the cast (not even Brendan) are professional actors and they had zero experience of acting before MBB came along.

Brendan says that at one point before the current version was launched, TV producers wanted to put the show on air but replace most of the cast, bar him, with professonal actors, but he refused point blank as he felt the entire concept and feel of MBB would have been ruined in the process.

Oh right, well that makes a lot more sense. Good on him for sticking to his concept.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the family acting is a similar to the Van Dyk's tribe in DIagnosis Murder as soon as the sons and grandchildren started appearing in Diagnosis Murder you could see how bad the acting from them was.

Betty is by far the worse she says everything in that high pitched tone no change in her tone whenever she speaks.

Rory is just annoying to be honest.

Kathy, Buster, Winnie and Brendan are fine and can deliver the lines pretty well.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I think the family acting is a similar to the Van Dyk's tribe in DIagnosis Murder as soon as the sons and grandchildren started appearing in Diagnosis Murder you could see how bad the acting from them was.

Betty is by far the worse she says everything in that high pitched tone no change in her tone whenever she speaks.

Rory is just annoying to be honest.

Kathy, Buster, Winnie and Brendan are fine and can deliver the lines pretty well.

People know a "Rory".
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Brown at the kitchen table with the 2 priests when that mobile vibrated...priceless. We were in tears with laughter!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Brown at the kitchen table with the 2 priests when that mobile vibrated...priceless. We were in tears with laughter!

How embarrassing for Agnes....if you're going to have an orgasm, doing it in front of two Catholic priests is far from ideal :D
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    How embarrassing for Agnes....if you're going to have an orgasm, doing it in front of two Catholic priests is far from ideal :D

That made me think back to when Winnie was describing to Agnes what an 'organism' felt like and Agnes admitted she'd never had one. Her first ever 'organism' was in front of two priests!
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well all of you who care to can get on your intellectual hobby horses and ride off into the back of beyond. congratulating yourselves that you are superior to the rest of us plebs who like this show. But personally there have been a load of moments which have made me laugh out loud - examples below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcModfyaknE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JddNDtC-Yrs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmLv-Iv0bw