Show Stoppers - the DVD

SultrydivaSultrydiva Posts: 211
Forum Member
Really enjoyed this trip down memory lane and it was interesting listening to the judges views, particularly when they were so different to when they originally scored these dances. I also found it interesting that most of the dances picked were from before all the props and nonsense! Back then it was mainly about the dances! The standard seems a little higher too!

Has anyone else seen the dvd? I'm hoping they release another one later this year as it was nice seeing some of those dances again especially from Alesha's series as they never did release a dvd covering that season even though that's the season they first beat X Factor to the tv awards.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if SCD highlighted the PROs for a change. It would be nice to have a DVD of them. You know, the ones that do all the work and make sure the celebs look good. Their also the ones with the real talent and the ones who if highlighted instead of the judges all the time probably could bring a better caliber of celebrities to the show.....
  • SultrydivaSultrydiva Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    idetached wrote: »
    It would be nice if SCD highlighted the PROs for a change. It would be nice to have a DVD of them. You know, the ones that do all the work and make sure the celebs look good. Their also the ones with the real talent and the ones who if highlighted instead of the judges all the time probably could bring a better caliber of celebrities to the show.....

Would love to see a dvd of the pro's dances particularly some of the old one's. I have to say that l don't find the pro's dances these days particularly good as there is too much emphasis on props, costume and show dancing and not enough on the techniques of the dance. A few years ago when Matthew was dancing with Aliona and Brian was dancing with Kristina they had the balance right. With the addition of Artem and Pasha the pros got stronger as a team but the routines in my opinion no longer reflect that.

I would also love to see the pro's tour they did a few years ago put on dvd. When l saw it live it was brilliant - a total balance of dance technique and show dance.
  • strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see the DVD aswell. I would be really interesting to watch!
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I have this DVD and found it really enjoyable :) I bought a copy for my friend for her birthday too :D
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I went into HMV today and it was £16, which for a collection of clips (most of which could be found online), I felt was a bit much.
  • dancing-girldancing-girl Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went into HMV today and it was £16, which for a collection of clips (most of which could be found online), I felt was a bit much.

Hi I bought my copy from amazon a little while ago for £13 its now£11.32.
    I think it's a great DVD with many wonderful dances

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Scd+show+stoppers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    i saw the dvd in sainsbury's for £7.99 a few weeks back! not sure if they've still got it, but worth a look i guess!