Options

Autopsy: Michael Jackson's Last Hours

gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone see this

Most of the stuff is familiar, though wasn't aware of some of the meds he was taking, how he was able to 'switch on' during rehearsals of his fated tour

Just grim stuff really, rewatching all of it

Next week it has the last months of Whitney

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,030
    Forum Member
    Tasteless programme. Absolutely no need for them to show pictures of him in the mortuary. I know nothing explicit was shown but just was no need
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I had to turn it off, too revealing, too sad.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll give this a miss. It sounds like exploitative trash TV at its most tasteless. :(
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did watch it. I just felt so sorry for Michael Jackson that he'd been reduced to such a state.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I think he was a victim of himself. He knew from an early stage that no one would say no to him or they wouldn't have a job.

Yes of course the Doctor should have put his foot down and said no, but then he would just be replaced with someone who would. And that was the same throughout his life.

I mean surely a plastic surgeon would talk him out of that hideous work that he called a face and yet they knew they wouldn't get the work if they did. No one could look at that face and say it was a work of art as it was half man half woman and everything else thrown in.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he was a victim of himself. He knew from an early stage that no one would say no to him or they wouldn't have a job.

Yes of course the Doctor should have put his foot down and said no, but then he would just be replaced with someone who would. And that was the same throughout his life.

I mean surely a plastic surgeon would talk him out of that hideous work that he called a face and yet they knew they wouldn't get the work if they did. No one could look at that face and say it was a work of art as it was half man half woman and everything else thrown in.

I think that was reflected in the jail sentence he was given - 4 years is quite light for the American justice system.

I didn't know he had arthritis due to a stage injury some years before or that he lost his real hair after the Pepsi burning. All in all, he was someone who was let down by those around him ( from his bullying father to his doctors ) who then lost control of himself because no one could say 'no' to him.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,145
    Forum Member
    I didn't see the programme, but

Re the cosmetic surgery I'd say there were two 'surgeons' in competition with each other, I'd go further and suggest Arnie Klein was in love with Michael Jackson.

The recent case brought by his mother demonstrated he had a drug issue long before any child molestation claims. Debbie Rowe went on the first part of the Dangerous Tour to deal with the issue, but with a programme supplied by the rival doctor to her then boss Klein. Karen Faye was carrying two vials of Demerol in her name for Jackson, supplied by the same doctor.

The same doctor organised over the phone for Jackson to be given Diprivan/Propofol in a hotel room, Debbie Rowe was there, she says it was safe because they were proper doctors.

People who knew and worked with him regularly said, what Michael wants Michael gets. Look at the number of doctors 'invited' to Neverland or went on trips with Michael. These doctors have admitted they were either unaware of the other doctors dealing with Jackson or were unaware of what medication they were providing.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I came away from this thinking what a tragic figure Michael Jackson was.

It's amazing that someone with his extraordinary talent; his fame & wealth would end up like he did.
  • Options
    RPMRPM Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a tacky programme. Cheap, nasty and exploitative.

I also didn't need to see the picture of Jackson's dead body.
  • Options
    coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I came away from this thinking what a tragic figure Michael Jackson was.

It's amazing that someone with his extraordinary talent; his fame & wealth would end up like he did.

That's what I thought too.

When the public image of him is pulled away, he was such a sad, lonely person. He really didn't have anyone to turn too for some real, common sense support. But $400 million in debt?!!! :o that was shocking!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RPM wrote: »

Very much so.

You can always tell a poorly-produced programme when they make fundamental errors such as showing what looked to be a young photograph of Jermaine instead of Michael.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise the hair accident was that bad, interesting programme but it was quite gruesome showing his dead body, wasn't expecting that. Whitney Houston next week.
  • Options
    notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked that they would have access to the pictures of his body and permission to use them. I can't believe these things are so easily available.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just when you think the media can't sink any lower channel 5 manage it, I watched in and felt ashamed of that. Nobody should have their dead body used by a tv station, it is disgusting.

The so called doctor, and what professional would take part in such a vile show, didn't have his facts correct, if you watched the trial, it was pretty much proved that Murrey did have MJ hooked up to a continuous drip of propofol, and he spent 40 minutes on the phone before he found him collapsed, and dispite knowing an EMT station was two minutes away, he took 20 minutes to summon help and that was only to phone a body guard who was not on site. According to all of the medical witnesses that delay was the difference between life and death.

MJ was a sad figure, he had a genuine need at times for heavy pain killers, but in the end the one he was addicted to was not in his system when he died, nor was there any in the house, his own addiction didn't kill him, and his liver and kidneys did not show the signs of drug abuse that they should if he had been a long term habitual user.

He was in pain, stressed to hell, relentlessly bullied by the Murdoch media, lied about, he financially supported most of his family and was ripped off by so many people. No wonder he died young. Very sad.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Is this being repeated?
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Is this being repeated?

i dont know, but i am sure you can find it on 5OD

I havent watched this yet, but by judging the comments on here, not sure i want to:cry:
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    It wasn't actually as horrible as I feared. The actual medical information was quite illuminating. But as has been said there was no need for the intrusive pictures.
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i always find it funny that the only one`s calling this programme , cheap and trashy are the same people who always blindly defend Michael Jackson even when factual evidence proves he was nothing more than a drug addict . and too think he stopped the release of the work he done with Freddie mercury because of Freddie's cocaine use . its almost laughable . Jackson could have given ozzy osbourne a run for his money . actually i think Jackson beats ozzy hands down . excellent programme telling it like it is . and he DID bleach his skin .
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked that they would have access to the pictures of his body and permission to use them. I can't believe these things are so easily available.

I don't know about permissions but the picture was used at Murray's trial, so it's already in the public domain anyway.

And calling the programme 'cheap and trashy' has got nothing to do with 'defending' Michael Jackson.

It was one of those low-budget shock docs in the style of the National Enquirer, the kind of magazine which once used a picture of Whitney Houston in her coffin as one of its front pages. It had nothing new to tell.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a real let-down. It didn't show the autopsy at all.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i always find it funny that the only one`s calling this programme , cheap and trashy are the same people who always blindly defend Michael Jackson even when factual evidence proves he was nothing more than a drug addict . and too think he stopped the release of the work he done with Freddie mercury because of Freddie's cocaine use . its almost laughable . Jackson could have given ozzy osbourne a run for his money . actually i think Jackson beats ozzy hands down . excellent programme telling it like it is . and he DID bleach his skin .

The bleaching of his skin was hardly a revelation.

It was blatantly obvious that he was bleaching.

The extent of his drug dependency was the real eye opener.

It's amazing he made it to 50.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RPM wrote: »

Which I believe was sandwiched between 2 Celebrity Big Brother programmes.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Didn't realise the hair accident was that bad, interesting programme but it was quite gruesome showing his dead body, wasn't expecting that. Whitney Houston next week.

The hair accident changed his life undoubtedly, at that point he was at the peak of his musical career, was anti-drugs and had only 2 nose jobs (one to correct breathing problems with the first one)

He may still have ended up off the rails without the accident, but it was definitely the accident that led him on to prescription drugs...and the antics that followed such as buying Bubbles, building a childhood 'dream home' Neverland could easily be attributed to being spaced-out on meds.

the sad part of the documentary for me was that Michael did try and sort himself out very late in the day, after AEG hit him with an ultimatum that they would pull the shows he quit the Demerol and instead tried to take Ephedrine to make himself energetic (which led to the 'This Is It' movie footage) he knew it was his last chance for a comeback and was giving it a real go.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Which I believe was sandwiched between 2 Celebrity Big Brother programmes.

:D:D:D Ironic much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    coolmum123 wrote: »
    When the public image of him is pulled away, he was such a sad, lonely person. He really didn't have anyone to turn too for some real, common sense support. But $400 million in debt?!!! :o that was shocking!

From details given at the 2005 trial and in the recent one brought by his mother, I believe he may have bought the ATV Music catalogue in 1985 on borrowed money, also Neverland. The amount he spent on fitting out Neverland fit in with his debts at the time.

It seems the concerts didn't make much money, the Dangerous Tour 1992/93 was said to have just broken even. It looks like he never balanced the books and his spending exceeded his income and his debts just grew and grew.