Hollyoaks further losing the plot again(contains spoilers)

gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
Forum Member
✭✭
Ive just watched first look hollyoaks now suddenly robbie roscoe is now scared of scared of finn haha do these writers expect us to take these storylines seriously, he has basically confessed to robbie that he has raped john paul and has said if he dares tell anyone he will do the same to him. now robbie is suddenly so scared.

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robbie is all mouth though - always has been. He's not the tough guy he pretends to be. I think he would be scared if his best friend threatened to rape him.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on EARTH is Bryan Kirkwood doing to the show?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, isnt Finn suppose to be sucking up to Robbie?
    The tables have turned and that's ridiculous
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's "Operation Redeem Robbie"

But I'm not buying it!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well who wouldn't be scared if someone just told you they were a rapist. Robbie's thinking Finn rape JP (a full grown man) he has finally seen how sick and mad Finn is.
    Ever since the rape, Finn has had a sense of control/power and confidence, he doesn't suck up to Robbie anymore he winds him up.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story is a bit mad.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    It's "Operation Redeem Robbie"

But I'm not buying it!

Me neither. Especially after how horrible Robbie was in the classroom to JP. However, it is obvious they are going the redemption route.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people are shocked by Robbie being scared, he has just found out his mate is a rapist and now has threatened to rape him, that would scare a lot of people.
    Robbie has always been all mouth, he always tries to get someone to do his dirty work. You never seem him to try and take on someone he knows will batter him, it's people he deems to be 'weaker'.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rapists are cowards. They attack like Finn did by subduing their victim or attacking when the victim is off guard. People have noted how these 2 are portrayed as Kray brother doppelgangers: both as vile as each other.

Robbie is equal in strength and is now on his guard. If they are now saying he is terrified of Finn then we have another personality transplant. What he should do is talk to JP and go to the police as he can verify what happenened to the evidence and Finn's location.

The trouble with this s/l as others have pointed out is the educational message is being lost in order to drag out the drama. Surely the message should be to feel emboldened enough to go to the police and have enough support to obtain justice. Heaping endless pain onto JP would make anyone in a similar situation despair!

Really what lesson as anyone learnt in this. If JP had PTSD he would have locked himself in his home and would not have come out. He would jump at every sound and touch. It is really silly to have him teach his attacker and go on a trip with him just to be able to save his life.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are shocked by Robbie being scared, he has just found out his mate is a rapist and now has threatened to rape him, that would scare a lot of people.
    Robbie has always been all mouth, he always tries to get someone to do his dirty work. You never seem him to try and take on someone he knows will batter him, it's people he deems to be 'weaker'.

Agreed. Sorry but anyone would be scared, a least a little bit, if a rapist threatened to rape them. It would be irrational not to be.

I don't know why people don't want to see Robbie redeemed tbh. What's the point in him never having any growth as a character or staying a horrible little person? I'd much rather see him feel the guilt of what he's had a part in and redeem himself.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The purpose of this storyline is being derailed and stretched out as much as possible, I understand why but feel like it's being lost in translation for sensationalist reasons

Having JP having to safe his attacker, spend time at school with him etc this is not the sort of message that should be sent out to victims, getting justice is and showing the process and impact it has on JP & his family and that of the attackers, the only impact I can praise is it looks like JP is having a breakdown because of the trauma but the rest just doesn't fit.

Where is JP family, we barely see any interaction, the show just a jumble sale atm, this is lucky to get screen time one minute to the next and it just leaves you feeling frustrated at it's portrayal.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I think he was more shocked then scared. Our Robbie might not have much of a moral compass but that would be shocking for anyone... I suspect he'll give Finn what for when he's back to full fitness.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Me neither. Especially after how horrible Robbie was in the classroom to JP. However, it is obvious they are going the redemption route.

Robbie says horrible stuff but I think the point is to show that even he has a limit wheras finn has no compunction about committing horrendous acts.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I guess Finn is now a full blown Psychopath. There was a silly amount of people in hospital tonight all for different reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sl is different because of the teacher/pupil relationship, usually in soaps it's not like that. So obviously JP going to have to see his attacker everyday, it's his job. It's his source of income, maybe he sees quitting his job as letting Finn win, it takes a lot of courage for JP to carry on working.
    His family (Nana) has noticed but JP is not ready to tell, and his family have always been selfish.
    I like this sl, every situation is unique and although I'd like to see it more I think they have done a good job so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Robbie was shocked/scared of Finn before when he attacked nanna McQueen as he wouldn't go that far
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I can sort of understand where they're going with it. Finn was desperate to "prove" himself and now he's gone too far. Robbie, on the other hand, is largely all mouth but he's basically created a monster.
  • SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Robbie is definitely out of his depth with Finn these days and he's partially to blame for what Finn has become the problem is Robbie was just all talk whereas Finn has turned into a complete nutter. It's interesting how the dynamic has changed so much between the two and will continue to change I actually think the sl is one of the things BK is doing a decent job at (when they bother to actually show it that is)
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am surprised that people think the unrealistic part of this storyline is that Robbie has limits. Its not true that anyone who is willing to commit a crime is therefore willing to commit all crimes. I have no problem at all with a criminal who is willing to lie and steal but not rape. Finn is willing to go further than Robbie, and Robbie is afraid of him. Does this logically mean he is a good person. No he is not but that's not what is going on here. At least not yet

Also people can have different degrees of psychological problems. Just because JP can leave his house doesn't mean he doesn't have PTSD. If you think that's true you don't understand that condition very well.

What for me is unbelievable is the Finn wants Robbie to go ahead with the charge against JP. The criminal process is out of Finn's control, so at any time JP could end this by saying he was raped by Finn and Robbie was involved. He did go to the police on the night it happened which Finn and Robbie both know.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Robbie is going to be scared he raped a grown man and he is also shocked and were not sure what he is actually going to do next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Sorry but anyone would be scared, a least a little bit, if a rapist threatened to rape them. It would be irrational not to be.

I don't know why people don't want to see Robbie redeemed tbh. What's the point in him never having any growth as a character or staying a horrible little person? I'd much rather see him feel the guilt of what he's had a part in and redeem himself.

Agree, you just need to look at Ste to show how redemption can be good. I want to see Robbie feel guilty (but also get punished), I'd rather see that than him just staying horrible.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Robbie's is coward.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Finn would stay well away from JP in fear that the truth about the rape would be revealed. Pure sensationalism. Typical Hollyoaks.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    ''Hollyoaks further losing the plot''

is that really possible ?
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mercedes doesn't grow and people don't like that and she has done worse things than Robbie so he certainly can be redeemed i mean it doesn't mean people have to forget what he said and did to JP but he does need to grow as you said and he isn't necessarily going to be a saint.