Options

Teacher suspended after 'taping pupils' mouths up'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-26431417

I can't believe this story. It sounds like the teacher is a psycho and should have been sacked on the spot. To do such a thing to ten year olds - you'd have to be insane. How do people like this manage to get these jobs in the first place? I guess they are good at acting normal in front of the right people.

The bit about the teacher putting more tape on the pupils when the original tape started to peel of is pretty spine chilling.

Comments

• Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a bit of a sticky situation.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Being the gaffer to the extreme by the looks of it.
  • Options
    TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The teacher apparently lined the pupils up and "one-by-one Sellotaped their mouths".

:o Does sound really weird. When I first read the title I wa expecting to read that a teacher had overstepped the mark on a child.

To read that she lined them up one by one (apart from a couple who were allergic) is completely nuts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tominxster wrote: »
    The teacher apparently lined the pupils up and "one-by-one Sellotaped their mouths".

:o Does sound really weird. When I first read the title I wa expecting to read that a teacher had overstepped the mark on a child.

To read that she lined them up one by one (apart from a couple who were allergic) is completely nuts.

She got them all taped up though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tominxster wrote: »

Agreed. She sounds like she is completely dranged. It's almost too bad asylums don't exist anymore. :o
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was waiting for this.

If my son had come home and told me this had happened to him, I would have laughed like a drain.

Some parent was on R5 earlier on, saying his diddum's lip had been made to bleed as a result of this, which I don't believe for one second.

The teacher got it dead right. Good luck to them.

---
    by the way, I can't believe they were 10 year olds. It sounds like the behaviour of 5 or 6 year olds. What a hoot!
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Just a bit of harmless classroom antics that, perhaps, got a bit out of hand.

i do not see the fuss.
  • Options
    hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't teachers able to give that special look anymore, that put the fear of god into you so you knew you'd better shut up?
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    As a teacher for 40+ years, there have been millions of times when I wish I'd taped up mouths!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, this is an awful tale and tells me that this teacher was under some awful pressure to do such a thing. It is completely against everything that teachers are taught-there must have been something dreadful going on in her life either inside or outside of the school. How much pressure had the staff been placed under prior to them becoming an academy?

Obviously it should never have happened, but I just wonder who was looking out for the staff. Something like this doesn't just happen. There must have been some signs of change of behaviour.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    Aren't teachers able to give that special look anymore, that put the fear of god into you so you knew you'd better shut up?

Sadly, it doesn't work as well as it used to. :(
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. She sounds like she is completely deranged. It's almost too bad asylums don't exist anymore. :o

come on OP. Lighten up. :D

The kids should have kept this quiet. They will all be laughing stocks now.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of you in this thread! I can only hope you guys are trolling.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Must have been hell for the Asian kids with 'taches.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member

If a parent was caught doing this they would have social services on their door applying for a emergency care order, and the child removed for their own safety. So should we have one rule for teachers and one for parents.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I can't help but see a bit of humour in this.

Over protective mums again :rolleyes:

How else are little brats meant to learn to shut the f***k up.

It's not like the teacher whipped them or anything
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    woofwoof77 wrote: »
    Sorry, I can't help but see a bit of humour in this.

Over protective mums again :rolleyes:

How else are little brats meant to learn to shut the f***k up.

It's not like the teacher whipped them or anything

Because the laws says its abuse, and if its wrong for parents to abuse their children, then way should teachers or anyone else have the right to abuse children.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it's as harmless as you're making out then why did the teacher in question have to keep it secret from her headmaster?
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a bit of harmless classroom antics that, perhaps, got a bit out of hand.

i do not see the fuss.

You think it's ok to physically assault infants ? If you work for a living, would you be happy with your line manager assaulting you in a similar fashion (and I'd understand anyone who wanted to) ?

Geez...:o
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Had a teacher at school that use to do that... Others would give you a clip around the ear... Had a few clips myself for talking :blush:
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem. It's hardly on par with a caning that was the done thing decades ago. And they wouldn't have been taped up if they didn't deserve it. Shame he's been suspended when we need more teachers like this, not pandering to their every word.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she was helping the kids give up talking for lent.
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    You think it's ok to physically assault infants ? If you work for a living, would you be happy with your line manager assaulting you in a similar fashion (and I'd understand anyone who wanted to) ?

Geez...:o

Oh lord. Assault? Really?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    What kind of mind would someone have to have to do this to ten year olds? Seems like she has a serious problem.