Options

Madonna's Hairy Pits; What Do You Think?

biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did you see the pics in the press of Madonna showing off her hairy underarms?
All in the spirit of womens freedom and liberation.

What do you think?

Do you shave yourself bald as a coot? Would you rather not but feel it's socially unacceptable not to?
Let's have your thoughts on the subject, women of DS.

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    It is normal and natural.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just another attention seeking ploy from Madge.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    It isn't anything that keeps me awake at night. Madonna's knocking on a bit now, maybe she's lost her razor.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I remember she went through a phase of having arm pit hair in the 80s also.... circa Material Girl I think.

Outa interest, DS Ladies, I assume like most of the female population you shave.... Whats your motivation.... Is it because you know guys tend to find it more attractive or do you do it for your own reasons?
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    From what I remember she went through a phase of having arm pit hair in the 80s also.... circa Material Girl I think.

Outa interest, DS Ladies, I assume like most of the female population you shave.... Whats your motivation.... Is it because you know guys tend to find it more attractive or do you do it for your own reasons?

I shave under my arms everyday. I just don't feel clean if I haven't done it. I'm a natural blonde with fine hair, so I could get away with not shaving there but it's just I feel more hygienic with them shaved :p I don't do it for a man either, I've been single for years but keep everything as if I did have a man.:cool:
  • Options
    Glitterbug13Glitterbug13 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    I shave under my arms everyday. I just don't feel clean if I haven't done it. I'm a natural blonde with fine hair, so I could get away with not shaving there but it's just I feel more hygienic with them shaved :p I don't do it for a man either, I've been single for years but keep everything as if I did have a man.:cool:

This ^^^

I can't imagine having hairy pits - just horrible! I shave every day too, makes me feel clean and fresh :) Oh and I'm single as well so I do it for me and no-one else!
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be interested to know if there are any women out there who would like to just throw the razor away for good but feel that it wouldn't be socially acceptable.

I'm one of those, in a way.

If my underarms / legs aren't 'on show' ( which is most of the time ) I don't shave. My pits are like epping forest during the autumn and winter. But if I'm going to be wearing a sleeveless dress or be going bare legged in a skirt I will always de-hair myself.

It frustrates me how I conform to meet others' expectations.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be interested to know if there are any women out there who would like to just throw the razor away for good but feel that it wouldn't be socially acceptable.

If my underarms / legs aren't 'on show' ( which is most of the time ) I don't shave. My pits are like epping forest during the autumn and winter. But if I'm going to be wearing a sleeveless dress or be going bare legged in a skirt I will always de-hair myself.

My willingness to undertake hair removal has declined with age. It is natural to let it grow but then men could also say the same about their faces. I would hate to go through that shaving rigmarole every morning like they have to.

I am absolute diligent about the hairs that grow on my chin, seemingly overnight. If you are a woman of a certain age, you will know what I mean. If you are still a young 'un, you have that joy to come
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member

I only shave my legs in the summer, my leg hair is blonde so not really visible unless you're up close. Cant be bothered the rest of the year as I don't really have my legs out Will do it occasionally if I'm bored but just leave them normally.

Armpits I shave every other day, would do it every day if it didn't irritate my skin. Total personal preference, as others have said I don't feel clean if I have hairy pits, absolutely hate it.

Shave 'down there' every 3 or so days, as above really, would do it more if I could - just don't like having hair there.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've waxed my underarms for years. Obviously the hair has to be long enough to wax so you have to let it get long enough in between waxing. Wouldn't have it on show in between though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    not very nice, all that hair yuk..shave it off Madge lol
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gross woman in every sense.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shave my armpits every day all year around, but I cant be arsed doing my legs when they are hidden through autumn / winter. So, I let it grow. In Spring I get a new razor out, nick my husbands shaving foam and set to work on them. I lose about a stone in weight :D

Now, the old pube area. I can't shave down there as I get terrible ingrowing hairs which cause spots. So - I just lightly trim.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks disgusting and it looks masculine. And it traps sweat so is unhygienic.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Gross woman in every sense.

Agree:)
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha Ha. Madonna is a natural brunette. Those little sandy tufts are glued on.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too. I always shave my pits when they're out, or even if covered and they get 1-2 mm of stubble, just because I think it's less likely to smell. But my legs only get shaved once every two - three weeks in winter :D

Fortunately for me, I have a husband who doesn't care about it either :)
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would seem muff hair is back in fashion, hehe.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaving of the pubic area only started in the 70's so all those glamorous stars of the past like Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth, Ava Gardner etc had full bushes, but they all shaved under the arms .
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I shave my armpits every day all year around, but I cant be arsed doing my legs when they are hidden through autumn / winter. So, I let it grow. In Spring I get a new razor out, nick my husbands shaving foam and set to work on them. I lose about a stone in weight :D

Now, the old pube area. I can't shave down there as I get terrible ingrowing hairs which cause spots. So - I just lightly trim.

Same here.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not bothered, it is natural to be honest. I do shave mine. Shame that society states what we do with our bodily hair to be honest and places pressure on women. Men grow theirs!

I don't shave 'down there' though and don't give a damm what people think about it. I don't like doing it :( Plus the times I've tried to even just take a bit out makes me so itchy especially when regrowing so I haven't tried it ever again, I think I react badly to it..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I'm not bothered, it is natural to be honest. I do shave mine. Shame that society states what we do with our bodily hair to be honest and places pressure on women. Men grow theirs!

I don't shave 'down there' though and don't give a damm what people think about it. I don't like doing it :( Plus the times I've tried to even just take a bit out makes me so itchy especially when regrowing so I haven't tried it ever again, I think I react badly to it..

well, no one sees it anyway :D
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    well, no one sees it anyway :D

True, unless you have a partner that sees you naked :D But I don't at the moment so it's all good.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss read the title :blush:

:D
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shave my armpits ,legs below the knee and bikini line . I do it every few days, throughout the year as I go swimming all year round.
    Having said that, I couldn't care less if Madonna or any other woman decides not to remove their body hair. Their body, their choice.
    And it's no more unhygenic on a woman than it is on a man.