Eating On The Go

occyoccy Posts: 65,045
Forum Member
✭✭
Do you eat on the go whilst on the bus or train? I know trains have buffet cars and tables. Facebook page has been set up for people to upload their pictures.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2597596/Women-pictured-eating-Tube-strangers-bizarre-Facebook-group-urged-call-police-fell-threatened.html

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm only women - I can't see anything degrading about this
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are they taking photos? :confused: The woman eating a pot noodle or soup, lol, that must be a bit awkward.

I'm guessing those that look like they're eating a meal (subway/Burger King), perhaps their day is very full and that's the only time they have to eat something substantial? People who commute a long distance I can see why they might have a snack or drink, but they should be prepared to take their garbage with them when they disembark.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    They're not being judgemental? There's nothing judgemental about taking a covert photograph of an unknown woman eating, uploading it to Facebook, then inviting others to comment?:o

It's not very nice, and a bit creepy - & why just women? Why not photograph men slurping and slobbering over a Subway meal deal?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like people eating hot food on buses as it is often smelly food.

It's people eating in supermarkets that gets my goat.

I don't want people dropping crumb over the fruit or meat or anything that I'm about to buy.

It's disgusting and unhygienic and very selfish too/
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Burger King one is hot, even with that black bar across her eyes.

Why the heck are people taking pictures of that? Everyone's always eating on public transport these days or ramming a sandwich down their throats while walking up The Strand.

I'm too high maintenance for that, but well done to those who don't need a table and napkins.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes eat on tube or train. I bet I'm on there somewhere. I don't like the idea of someone taking covert photos of me whether I'm eating or not. If I caught someone doing it I'd take photo of them and start my own Facebook page - 'Covert photo-taking perverts - exposed'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    Why the heck are people taking pictures of that? Everyone's always eating on public transport these days.
    Fetish-type thing.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail are just catching up.
    The Evening Standard did this days ago, and don't allow comments for their article.
    I can sadly guess how the DM comments will go. Yet more shaming and abuse of women no doubt.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Quite a bit of leg on the 'Walkers Crisps' girl.
    It's heading towards upskirt territory. No wonder the DM published it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes me want to leave my house in a balaclava every morning. Mofos.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me want to leave my house in a balaclava every morning. Mofos.

Is it possible to eat cake whilst wearing a balaclava. Could get messy.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People eating and drinking in the street is annoying, why do people carry a bottle of water everywhere and keep sipping it? if you are hungry and thirsty then go to a café.>:(
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    People eating and drinking in the street is annoying, why do people carry a bottle of water everywhere and keep sipping it? if you are hungry and thirsty then go to a café.>:(

:D

Oh, wait. You mean that? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even water you take issue with?!

I was raised that eating in 'public' was vulgar, but surely staying hydrated isn't?

Jeez, you're so old school.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    :D

Oh, wait. You mean that? :confused:

:confused::confused::confused:
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused::confused::confused:

What Sweh said.

*sips water from bottle*
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    sweh wrote: »
    Even water you take issue with?!

I was raised that eating in 'public' was vulgar, but surely staying hydrated isn't?

Jeez, you're so old school.

When did staying hydrated become such an 'issue', oddly enough I suspect there's a direct correlation between all the various bottled waters coming on the market.
    I've been seeing pee colour/hydration charts turning up in the building sites I'm working on too.

Bugger, I'm curious about this DM article now and what 'take' they're using, resisting giving them yet more clicks though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When did staying hydrated become such an 'issue', oddly enough I suspect there's a direct correlation between all the various bottled waters coming on the market.
    I've been seeing pee colour/hydration charts turning up in the building sites I'm working on too.

Bugger, I'm curious about this DM article now and what 'take' they're using, resisting giving them yet more clicks though.

Blame global warming. More plastic bottles = sad planet = more heat = more dehydration?

Who knows.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I sometimes eat on tube or train. I bet I'm on there somewhere. I don't like the idea of someone taking covert photos of me whether I'm eating or not. If I caught someone doing it I'd take photo of them and start my own Facebook page - 'Covert photo-taking perverts - exposed'.

Haven't read the DM take on it, but have read the Evening Standard take, one woman has 'named and shamed' the bloke who took her picture and posted it up.

Does sound all round creepy/fetish type thing 'we celebrate women, blah, blah, blah...'
    Yes mate, you've got some kind of odd turn-on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Taking pictures of strangers is always really creepy. No excuses.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taking pictures of strangers is always really creepy. No excuses.

I don't usually agree with a lot of what you post, but I'm completely with you on this one. It's incredibly intrusive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    What Sweh said.

*sips water from bottle*

Funny but I have a cup of tea at breakfast and can get right through to lunch without getting dehydrated, we don't live in the tropics and don't need to clutch a water bottle constantly.:D
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny but I have a cup of tea at breakfast and can get right through to lunch without getting dehydrated, we don't live in the tropics and don't need to clutch a water bottle constantly.:D

I couldn't manage like that. So far today (from 5.20am) I've had two teas, one Red Bull and two Diet Cokes, and am heading for a third. I'd be desiccated without it all.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member

If you're not drinking the recommended amount of water than yes you are dehydrated, you're not thirsty there's a difference.

Personally I'm not bothered by people eating or drinking in public. I drive pretty much everywhere now but I did it on occasion when I used to travel. Waiting for a bus was an excuse to go to the chip shop when I was at school.

I despair when my nan carries something stereotypically Indian smelling around with her to eat, that's not because of her because of some peoples ridiculous judgement.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I have only one question regarding the subject of the article.