Options

Why does everyone think gingers are ugly?!

Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
Forum Member
✭✭✭
im not ginger,(i know people with the colour) but i have noticed people with red hair do get slated A LOT! I mean everyone says Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud is "ugly" but just look at this pic:

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/imageBank/n/nicola-roberts3.jpg

I think she looks AMAZING in that photo?

And what about Isla Fisher, i mean she really is beautiful

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TZBuGcAWOwg/SJmh3KyR27I/AAAAAAAABlE/z2TXlWZjlJo/s400/isla-fisher-picture-2.jpg

so can anyone tell me why people with red hair, sorry, gingers get bullied/slated so much???

Comments

• Options
    SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Hendricks that is all.

Plus my girlfriend is a redhead :D
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a ginger.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola Roberts was totally hot before the whole "IMSOPALE" thing, she;s overdone it now.

I think she looks loads better with longer hair too - from GA's 2009 calander http://www.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebrities/Nicola-Roberts/Nicola-Roberts-1092034.jpg

Lindsay is another hot ginge in Mean Girls until she lost it, such a shame.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People like to pick on minorities. Gingers are the one of the last ones left that many feel its 'only a laugh' to have a go at.:(

Example of a very not ugly ginger
  • Options
    nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah.OX wrote: »
    im not ginger,(i know people with the colour) but i have noticed people with red hair do get slated A LOT! I mean everyone says Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud is "ugly" but just look at this pic:

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/imageBank/n/nicola-roberts3.jpg

I think she looks AMAZING in that photo?

And what about Isla Fisher, i mean she really is beautiful

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TZBuGcAWOwg/SJmh3KyR27I/AAAAAAAABlE/z2TXlWZjlJo/s400/isla-fisher-picture-2.jpg

so can anyone tell me why people with red hair, sorry, gingers get bullied/slated so much???

Gingers are far from ugly (and no, I'm not ginger myself). I can't understand the flack, either.

I've never liked Nicola Roberts, but I'm not going to call her ugly on account of she's ginger.

And that picture of Isla Fisher... let's just say I've saved it to my computer...

Gorgeous. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it something to do with suspicion over paternity as a lot of redheads are that way because of a rogue gene? Obviously that wouldn't cut any ice these days, with DNA testing and people being more informed generally, but I was told it was something to do with that. Could be bollocks though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Nicola Roberts was totally hot before the whole "IMSOPALE" thing, she;s overdone it now.

I think she looks loads better with longer hair too - from GA's 2009 calander http://www.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebrities/Nicola-Roberts/Nicola-Roberts-1092034.jpg

Lindsay is another hot ginge in Mean Girls until she lost it, such a shame.

I wonder if Nicola didn't realise exactly how white she was going to get?! Of course now with her make-up range and her documentary she's kind of stuck with it:D I bet she's itching to get at the St Tropez, poor love.

My favourite Nicola look is the Walk This Way video with the cats-eye make-up and cartoony red hair. She blew the others out of the water.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Both my kids are gingers and are totally stunning. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    The Weasley twins are FIT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Both my kids are gingers and are totally stunning. :)

Ditto - well, my youngest is anyway! Everyone always says how lovely his hair looks, but one person does insist on calling him duracell (am I missing something, don't really get the connection? :confused: ). BUT I do get a lot of comments on how neither me nor his dad have ginger hair, and one now ex friend actually accused me of having an affair!

ETA - I meant only my youngest is ginger, they're both stunning obviously!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alias_fan wrote: »
    Ditto - well, my youngest is anyway! Everyone always says how lovely his hair looks, but one person does insist on calling him duracell (am I missing something, don't really get the connection? :confused: ). BUT I do get a lot of comments on how neither me nor his dad have ginger hair, and one now ex friend actually accused me of having an affair!

Well maybe not everyone is better informed then:D
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Alias_fan wrote: »

Duracell's advertising slogan used to be 'the one with the copper coloured top'. My daughter used to get that at school quite a lot. ;)

Their tone of ginger is completely different though, my son's is almost conker coloured, and my daughter's has gone from being quite carrotty when she was small, to being 'strawberry blonde' now.
    Mr LC is dark, but his dad was ginger, so that's where it comes from in my family.
  • Options
    sandydeesandydee Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my hubby to be is ginger and bloody gorgeous, that sean slater (rob something) is ginger and extremely sexy yum yum
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    I don't think they're ugly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christina Hendricks that is all.

Not a natural redhead, she's been dying her hair for yonks! She's a natural blonde.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always loved red/ginger/auburn hair especially as I'm naturally 'mousy' but I've always put it down to my Scottish blood.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
  • Options
    JJRoJJRo Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the hate either, I think it looks good. Emma Stonehttp://ucesy-sk.happyhair.sk/celebrity_img/stone1m3009.jpg ,Christina Hendricks, Nicole Kidman and Lindsay Lohan back in the day, all look great with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lindsay Lohan back in her ginger days was lovely! Now, however... :eek:
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gingers/redheads are my favourites :) Don't know how people can reckon they're ugly. Give me a ginger girl, with nice, pale skin and a scattering of freckles over some peroxide blonde, fake tanned, fake boobed WAG any day! Add in a nice Scottish or Irish accent to the mix and i'll do whatever they say just to let me stare at them for a few hours a day :D

Gingers for the win!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think prince harry is very dashing, best looking prince in the world.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing ugly about people with ginger hair. Those who think that way are frankly just idiots.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Everyone doesn't think that, only morons who are trying to be rude and (what they consider} funny make those comments. Personally I find it really tiresome and unintelligent. I actually got in an argument with a journalist about it once because I found his comments on the subject childish and a poor excuse for journalism. His excuse was 'i'm Irish, I can say that' (I guess cause he's a celt) Well i'm scottish and I dont think I have any right to single people out and mock them for their hair colour or for any other trivial reason for that matter.

I actually think red hair is lovely, I quite fancy Rupert Grint, and im not the only one. And what about Karen Gillam, she's an absolutely beautiful girl and people are calling her the sexiest ever Doctor who companion so it just shows you that not everyone thinks that.
  • Options
    Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not so much ginger that people find unattractive, but the associations with it e.g. nerds, spots, pale skin, skinny frame etc.