Options

CS: Why does Kirk never have any storylines?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
Forum Member
He's been in Corrie for twelve years and he's hardly had any storylines. Why does he never have any storylines?

Comments

• Options
    Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he's got one coming up involving Beth :)
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Because as an actor he (I can't remember his name) he is amazingly limited, his sole purpose is to provide dopey one liners. Some of them are genuinely funny, but I can't remember any other soap characters with so few real story lines.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is getting paid lots of money for playing a total drip- he would be at the top of my hit list for the axe - a totally pointless character..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds like he's got one coming up involving Beth :)

I didn't know that:eek:
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    I keep forgetting he's still in it I reckon he has actually surpasssed Gus EE as longest running glorified extra
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because itn reality (i kniow much soaps dont buit still) he is a great actor plus not everyone gets up to affairs, murders etc. So he is a a bcktound character plus provides SOME comic relief. rather him thjan katy or all that and this silly surrogacy storyline. i love kirk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    They brought in Julie as a love interest just to make a storyline for him but she (somehow) ended up as a bigger character than him in no time! Izzy was his girlfriend for like a week when she first came in wasn't she?
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He works well as a background character and he is a realistic character too. Not every character can be or should be involved in big plots, like murder etc. He's an ordinary character who comes out with some funny lines and he supports the main cast well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They brought in Julie as a love interest just to make a storyline for him but she (somehow) ended up as a bigger character than him in no time! Izzy was his girlfriend for like a week when she first came in wasn't she?

Didn't they meet on an online dating thing but he used someone else's picture and thus it was a no-go from the get-go?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AshSan wrote: »
    Didn't they meet on an online dating thing but he used someone else's picture and thus it was a no-go from the get-go?

Yeah they did, he used Jason's picture:D
  • Options
    .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because not so long ago he threatened to leave, he then got presented with a £60k contract.

Would you leave?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .exe wrote: »
    Because not so long ago he threatened to leave, he then got presented with a £60k contract.

Would you leave?

No I f*cking wouldn't. :D:D
  • Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AshSan wrote: »

No, he met her on holiday
    "Kirk leaves to visit his parents in Cyprus for a several weeks. In the days leading up to his return, Fiz dreads him coming home, while she is providing a home for Chesney. On his return, he breaks the news that he has a new girlfriend called Julie Carp (Katy Cavanagh), whom he fell in love with in Cyprus"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Sutherland

Izzy was the blind date
    "In April 2010 Izzy turns up in The Rovers for her blind date with Kirk (Andrew Whyment). Disaster strikes when she spots Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) - who she believes to be Kirk. Unbeknown to Jason, Kirk's used his photo for his dating profile"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzy_Armstrong
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant Izzy sorry, perhaps should have removed the first section of that quote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should count himself lucky that he is even still part of the cast and personally I think he gets more than enough screentime!

I know he is a nice person in real-life but I think he should give up his daytime job!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is as thick as a brick.

Kirk is a background character. He's a character that viewers are expected to laugh at.