Euan Blair gets married - so what?

Comments

• TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Former PM's son Euan 'wants to stand as an MP'

* Mum Cherie 'likes the idea of Kennedy-style dynasty'
    * Euan wants to work in public sector post to build his Labour credentials

According to The People Tony Blair's 28-year-old eldest child is keen to follow in his father's famous footsteps by standing as a Labour MP. A family friend said: 'Euan has been thinking about a career in politics for some time. Cherie is particularly pleased. She likes the idea of a Kennedy-style Blair dynasty.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177191/Euan-Blair-Tony-Blairs-son-gets-backing-Cherie-stand-MP.html#ixzz2ezbuY2s6

Noooooooo!! :eek::cry:
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, typically we get two polar opposite stories from our beloved press.

One, that the political 'warmongering' of TB was the reason for Sian Lloyd's snub, the second (probably a lot more likely, families being families, etc) was that she was allegedly rude about the bride's mother.

I'm not a fan of Tony Blair in any big way but I think we can exonerate him from this one. He's taken on his fair share of critics face to face over the Iraq war and I doubt having to stand next to Sian Lloyd at a wedding would be any big deal compared to public enquiries, uncomfortable Newsnight interviews and the House of Commons all burping and bawling at him in unison.

Both these reasons might be wrong also. The papers might be in the dark and just making it up.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »

One, that the political 'warmongering' of TB was the reason for Sian Lloyd's snub, the second (probably a lot more likely, families being families, etc) was that she was allegedly rude about the bride's mother.

I certainly believe the latter.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I certainly believe the latter.

Certainly more likely given fallouts in families, isn't it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever I have the bad luck to stumble across anything relating to the Blairs, I still get angry. Tony and Cherie will never cease to boil my blood. They are the most disgusting people and Tony Blair destroyed this country. I would be happy if I never saw their names or photos in print again because it's much nicer when I can forget they exist.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zora wrote: »
    Whenever I have the bad luck to stumble across anything relating to the Blairs, I still get angry. Tony and Cherie will never cease to boil my blood. They are the most disgusting people and Tony Blair destroyed this country. I would be happy if I never saw their names or photos in print again because it's much nicer when I can forget they exist.

Quite obviously he didn't destroy this country as it still exists
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Quite obviously he didn't destroy this country as it still exists

Not quite sure why I'm even bothering to reply, but :rolleyes:

I am so glad I have absolutely nothing to do with the Politics forum on this site.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zora wrote: »
    Not quite sure why I'm even bothering to reply, but :rolleyes:

I am so glad I have absolutely nothing to do with the Politics forum on this site.

I take your point as all too often it can descend into juvenile name-calling.

In any event I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved there already
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ultimatums wrote: »
    Sian needs to shut up. I am sure she knows why she was uninvited after receiving an invitation. She might think it didn't rise to the level of being uninvited so is saying she doesn't really know.

Be dignified instead of trying to ruin your stepdaughter's wedding by airing dirty nonsense laundry in the papers.

I am indifferent to all the parties and did like Blair generally but thought he got it badly wrong on Iraq. However, I just don't like other people ruining a couple's day with nonsense like what Sian is doing.

Actually I think you will find the papers were told by someone else, various papers have since asked Sian Lloyd why and she has not given any comment , some papers have been honest and reported that she declined to comment others have made it sound as though she did when what they have printed is hearsay , that's hardly spoiling her step daughters day .
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »

I'm not a fan of Tony Blair in any big way but I think we can exonerate him from this one. He's taken on his fair share of critics face to face over the Iraq war and I doubt having to stand next to Sian Lloyd at a wedding would be any big deal compared to public enquiries, uncomfortable Newsnight interviews and the House of Commons all burping and bawling at him in unison.

Both these reasons might be wrong also. The papers might be in the dark and just making it up.

I would go along with that assessment - it sounds more plausible and it is the type of thing that could occur in any family - a bitchy fall out kind of thing that results in a wedding ban.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I think the political parties themselves should think carefully before allowing political dynasties to evolve. The general public is already pretty disenchanted with politicians who seem to have little 'real life' experience who seemingly have existed their entire adult life in the "Westminster Bubble". With these next generation family members they seem to have been in the Bubble from birth...

and living very comfortably in that bubble!!

Quarter of MPs give jobs to family: Taxpayers' bill for politicians who employ wives and children soars to £4m a year
    Even though MP expenses are under scrutiny, family fill even more roles
    Many MPs use their wife as an assistant, secretary or office manager
    They are paid up to £45,000 a year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419462/Quarter-MPs-jobs-family-Taxpayers-politicians-employ-wives-children-soars-4m-year.html#ixzz2f0HRHFqV

I couldn't give a F**K about Blair juniors wedding.......it just invoked thoughts of bereaved parents who lost their son's in Blair's illegal war..... they'll never witness their precious boys getting married and carrying on the family name will they?!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Actually I think you will find the papers were told by someone else, various papers have since asked Sian Lloyd why and she has not given any comment , some papers have been honest and reported that she declined to comment others have made it sound as though she did when what they have printed is hearsay , that's hardly spoiling her step daughters day .

Its her people or her "so-called friends." I know...but its really her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take your point as all too often it can descend into juvenile name-calling.

In any event I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved there already

I made the mistake of peeking in there when I was new.

I never went back. :eek:
  • tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Politics, religion and fox-hunting. Bad move to discuss any of them really :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tsarina wrote: »
    Politics, religion and fox-hunting. Bad move to discuss any of them really :eek:

It really, really is. I stay well clear 98% of the time.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultimatums wrote: »
    Sian needs to shut up. I am sure she knows why she was uninvited after receiving an invitation. She might think it didn't rise to the level of being uninvited so is saying she doesn't really know.

Be dignified instead of trying to ruin your stepdaughter's wedding by airing dirty nonsense laundry in the papers.

I am indifferent to all the parties and did like Blair generally but thought he got it badly wrong on Iraq. However, I just don't like other people ruining a couple's day with nonsense like what Sian is doing.

I have noticed that other women seem to dislike Sian intensely (perhaps they think she is after their men?) I myself think she has a smug look about herself. If she did criticize the bride's mother its her own fault she was uninvited, my daughter would be furious if anyone said anything bad about me.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Mirror:

But more worrying perhaps was the forecast that Suzanne's TV weather girl stepmum Sian Lloyd would turn up despite being reportedly barred after a major fall-out with the bride.

Sian, 55, who is married to Suzanne's father Jonathan Ashman, apparently made comments about the bride's mother at a pre-wedding family dinner. But she was nowhere to be seen as the couple left All Saints Church in Wotton Underwood.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tony-blairs-son-euan-marries-2274364

If true, that changes things a lot. I think Sian should have just kept quiet.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Former PM's son Euan 'wants to stand as an MP'

* Mum Cherie 'likes the idea of Kennedy-style dynasty'
    * Euan wants to work in public sector post to build his Labour credentials

According to The People Tony Blair's 28-year-old eldest child is keen to follow in his father's famous footsteps by standing as a Labour MP. A family friend said: 'Euan has been thinking about a career in politics for some time. Cherie is particularly pleased. She likes the idea of a Kennedy-style Blair dynasty.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177191/Euan-Blair-Tony-Blairs-son-gets-backing-Cherie-stand-MP.html#ixzz2ezbuY2s6

Noooooooo!! :eek::cry:

Well, naturally. They'll get him a nice, safe Labour seat somewhere. :yawn:

Awful family. As if his father hadn't done enough damage already, they launch another Blair onto us. :eek::p
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Is it only me who thinks he looks too young to have a Facebook account, never mind get married and move into politics?
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    I couldn't give a F**K about Blair juniors wedding.......it just invoked thoughts of bereaved parents who lost their son's in Blair's illegal war..... they'll never witness their precious boys getting married and carrying on the family name will they?!!

As can be said about millions of soldiers throughout the years. Bottom line - they knew the risk when they joined the army
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Euan will end up as the best PM ever. Who can say?
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    yaristaman wrote: »
    As can be said about millions of soldiers throughout the years. Bottom line - they knew the risk when they joined the army

but did they know the risk of a Prime Minister prepared to send them to fight in an "illegal" war?....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSieUhqIR6k
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Euan will end up as the best PM ever.

Another Blair in politics? What a completely terrifying thought.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    yaristaman wrote: »

And the Iraqi civilians killed in the war? Did they know the risk when they decided to be born in Iraq?
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it only me who thinks he looks too young to have a Facebook account, never mind get married and move into politics?

That's a bit over-the-top. He looks young-but not under thirteen!