I am the swift-up-flinging rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there - I did not die.

Hilarious.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to dedicate this reading to George - husband, step-father, brother. A man who meant so much, to so many. A moment of silence if you please:

Georgie Porgie, Puddin' and Pie,
    Kissed the girls and made them cry,
    When the boys came out to play
    Georgie Porgie ran away.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,367
    Forum Member
    Even though I'd never met him, never spoken to him, and had never even heard of him until tonight, I feel as though I knew him well.

They broke the mold when they made George.

(I'm off to play "Candle in the Wind" on my record player now)

:D:D:D:D
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,367
    Forum Member
    This thread is better than anything the Corrie writers have come up with in months. :)
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical jane
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    Carla and Rob's stepdad was a pigeon :(

No wonder they hated him, he must have enforced a strict pecking order within the family.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still mourn Toni myself,what a great character she was,making
    every scene she did special!

And on the subject of George,a variation that has been around forever,is:

Georgie Porgie, Puddin' and Pie,
    Kissed the girls and made them cry,
    When the boys came out to play
    He kissed them too, he's funny that way!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do remember George for kidnapping Simon, probably in mourning for Lucy. However, as George had not been mentioned in years it was hard to picture what real impact his death was supposed to have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame on all those 'grief-thieves' hijacking this touching tribute to a wonderful man, in order to bring up cancer-loving-Jane, brave Toni, and the Christmas turkey that Les Battersby ran over in his car.

You're all Fiz in disguise you leeches!
    This is George's thread!!!
    A wonderful man has been wrenched from our lives in the most cruel way imaginable.

I know we're all incredibly upset, but please show some restraint folks, along with the proper amount of dignity and respect a heart-breaking time like this demands.

Thank you.
  • KrstiKrsti Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Lest we forget the runaway turkey, knocked down in his prime by Les Battersby then callously eaten for xmas dinner :(
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Shame on all those 'grief-thieves' hijacking this touching tribute to a wonderful man, in order to bring up cancer-loving-Jane, brave Toni, and the Christmas turkey that Les Battersby ran over in his car.

You're all Fiz in disguise you leeches!
    This is George's thread!!!
    A wonderful man has been wrenched from our lives in the most cruel way imaginable.

I know we're all incredibly upset, but please show some restraint folks, along with the proper amount of dignity and respect a heart-breaking time like this demands.

Thank you.
    you must forgive us, Uncle Quentin. We are all deranged by grief. :blush:

* lingering shot of Honey staring into space with an anguished expression like Carla did at the end*
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    St Stella has called for three days of national mourning.
  • Letsby_AvenueLetsby_Avenue Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Krsti wrote: »
    Lest we forget the runaway turkey, knocked down in his prime by Les Battersby then callously eaten for xmas dinner :(

Teresa the turkey! Now those were the days.

Back on point. RIP George, its like we never knew you at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you must forgive us, Uncle Quentin. We are all deranged by grief. :blush:

* lingering shot of Honey staring into space with an anguished expression like Carla did at the end*

I've been completely unable to eat my boiled egg this morning Honey, I just sat staring blankly at it for what seemed an age, thinking about how it reminded me of George.

I don't mind admitting I was fighting back the tears as I sipped my cuppa, poor George will never get the chance to enjoy a cup of PG Tips ever again, God bless him.

I need to get out the back now and mow the lawn whilst it's nice here, but that too has set my bottom lip quivering - I can't stop thinking that George must have had a lawn mower too.

:(:(:(
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still in mourning over Flash the tortoise

Try and comfort yourself knowing at least he's no longer stuck with Mammy Two Shoes, which would be a far worse fate than death:o
  • haggisnibblerhaggisnibbler Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I haven’t seen the George episode yet, it sounds utterly heart-breaking, but glad I have read this thread to prepare myself.

Please tell me they silently rolled the black credits (it's the least they could do) and gave out a Helpline Number, I need to know in advance so that I will be able to cope and have my phone at the ready.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hypocrisy on here is shocking.

No one on here had a good word to say about George when he was alive so it's no good singing his praises now that he's dead.

I never liked him and I refuse to be a hypocrite. Rest in pieces, George!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I'm still in mourning over Flash the tortoise

Yes - at least we knew him better !! Luv it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Teresa the turkey! Now those were the days.

Back on point. RIP George, its like we never knew you at all.

Well.........we didn't :)
  • speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do remember George for kidnapping Simon, probably in mourning for Lucy. However, as George had not been mentioned in years it was hard to picture what real impact his death was supposed to have.

that was a different George.
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quinny.

Let us not forget Quinny.:cry:

Not to mention the anonymous victim of the tramcrash who perished merely to mislead us in the spoiler about the-number-of-victims-who-were-to-die.:(
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Haha, it was ridiculous how suddenly Carla and Rob are cut up about this bloke who has never once been mentioned, but Alison King did her best with it. Such a good actress, can't wait for her to find out about Peter and tear him a new one!
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    It's traumatising, I was so sad I weed a little when the closing credits came on. :(

Thankfully, our George can now rest in piece with cancer loving Jane, Theresa the turkey, Phelan's pigeon, Quinneh' and batty Lesley.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    This has really upset me. They should have had a warning before the programme.

(Both George and the pigeon I mean)
    No warning, just straight in there 'George is dead' then 'The pigeon is dead'. I am going to need counselling; might even sue the show makers for compensation for my trauma.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    No warning, just straight in there 'George is dead' then 'The pigeon is dead'. I am going to need counselling; might even sue the show makers for compensation for my trauma.

Its digraceful, it really is...the inhumanity/inpigeoness of it all. They take our emotions and trample all over them with their size 10 plastic safety boots...Not sure I can go on these days..:'(