• Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is page 700 a record for DS?
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,701
    Forum Member
    Maria is about the only player in this position of the match who is still believing that she can win.

Even all us viewers don't believe that ...... however much we want her to win. Her sport mental capacity is immense.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Maria is about the only player in this position of the match who is still believing that she can win.

Even all us viewers don't believe that ...... however much we want her to win. Her sport mental capacity is immense.

She's serving a lot better so you never know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That guy in the crowd with the green wig. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    smude wrote: »
    Is page 700 a record for DS?

One of the Oscar P trial threads had over a 1000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She thought it was out. :D 19 GS titles. Incredible.
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    Serena looking so ill there leaping around
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Serena a shadow of her former self and still Sharapova can't even get a set off her

Joke of a match up

Anyhow, she's still plodding along and is clearly so far ahead of everyone else when she feels like it! Fair play to her!
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Serena looking so ill there leaping around

Get over it. She clearly is
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    No.19 Serena, go girl! :D

So bloody tense, and more of the same tomorrow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That showed Alison! :D

Well you can't deny her champion spirit. At least Maria made it respectable - always weird talking about Maria like that, but that's what she's up against.
  • Options
    Janine999Janine999 Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well played and well battled from both but Serena reigns
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Get over it? I already have, all im saying is you dont leap around and run around like she did if your as ill as you say you are.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That tie-breaker was appalling by Serena, some of the errors!! Clearly not herself alright
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It wasn't a great match imo, but Serena is just too strong when she is on her game.

I really don't want her to pass Steffi's 22 Slams. Serena should have won more Slams given the amount of years she has been playing and her dominence. Steffi retired early and she had just as many great comtemporaries to beat.
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, great celebration from Serena.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It wasn't a great match imo, but Serena is just too strong when she is on her game.

I really don't want her to pass Steffi's 22 Slams.

Steffi played in a much tougher era

She'd probably concede a handful of games all tournament in any slam nowadays
  • Options
    Forum Member

I really don't want her to pass Steffi's 22 Slams.
    She wont pass Graf`s 22
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the timing of the shout 'Come on', she shouted it on the bounce of the ball and Maria managed to get her racket on it.

It was a very early celebration of a point ...... the ball should have passed your opponent before you cry out with exhilaration!! ;-)

I agree with that, however Maria and Vika when they scream their grunt, especially Azarenka, they scream during the hitting of the other person but never get a hindrance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »

I always thought that Steffi was the greatest female tennis player ever. I think she retired too early, and could have got to 25 Slams.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a great match , some terrific tennis and a huge improvement on many of the awful female finals tho 3 sets would have been great.. Well played to both of them . Delighted Serena won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CGG_12 wrote: »

I have just edited and added to my post, echoing your sentiments. Steffi will always be the greatest player, and the greatest to watch as well. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She wont pass Graf`s 22

Hard to know

On her day she still beats everyone. She really ought not to have won this fortnight, some very shaky performances. That makes me think she'll even just grind out a few more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alison must have enough plates for a full dinner service the amount of finals she's done!
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really pleased that Serena won!!! Yay!!! :D

The match point was crazy, I cannot believe a let on the championship point, then to do the exact same serve! Wow, that's why she has 19 now! :D
This discussion has been closed.