Eastenders - Linda Henry's Trial

Comments

• HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/SteveRobson04/with_replies

This reporter is at the court, with live updates.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,498
    Forum Member
    Yikes, it's not looking good for Linda Henry. Hope she is innocent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Yikes, it's not looking good for Linda Henry. Hope she is innocent.

I'm surprised it was a Street Warden making the accusation, I thought it might of been some randomer from the restaurant..
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing the "do you know who i am" card>:(
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was she drunk at the time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stellers wrote: »
    Was she drunk at the time?
    Don't think so, she was outside the restaurant smoking.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    What could she get if found guilty? A fine? No doubt she'll be sacked from EastEnders?
  • sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hate that too. Irrespective if she actually said racist comments my respect for her has dropped significantly. An arrogant, conceited, egocentric woman.
  • sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    What could she get if found guilty? A fine? No doubt she'll be sacked from EastEnders?

I doubt that she'll be fired. Isn't she one of their sacred cows? Untouchable from getting the boot even if it might warrant such an action.
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »

Most likely a fine, probably damages to be paid to the victim. I doubt she would be sacked from EE, however the actress may choose to leave because I imagine once you have been branded a racist its very difficult to get rid of that tag. She is likely to be on the end of much harrassment wherever she appears in public and her relationship with fellow black actors on the set of EE is likely to be strained.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely a fine, probably damages to be paid to the victim. I doubt she would be sacked from EE, however the actress may choose to leave because I imagine once you have been branded a racist its very difficult to get rid of that tag. She is likely to be on the end of much harrassment wherever she appears in public and her relationship with fellow black actors on the set of EE is likely to be strained.

It's going to be hard for EE/BBC to just ignore this and allow her to continue, if she found guilty, the haters of the BBC will have a field day.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would imagine her fellow actors will have a pretty good idea if it's true or not. I know people who say they are not racist but the language they use suggests otherwise. Equally I have friends who I know would never use a word like that ever.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she'll be sacked if found guilty.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Discussing an ongoing criminal trial is probably unwise, unless some of you want to find yourselves in contempt of court. Expect this thread will be locked soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its not looking good for Linda.
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe if someone uses a word like that, that they are necessarily "racist". Think about when you are in an argument or moment of anger, you say things to hurt the other person. If I call someone ugly or fat, it doesn't mean I hate fat people, it is you trying to pluck a nerve. Is it right? No. Should that word have been used, if it indeed was? Definitely not, and she should be punished for it if she did. But I think it is wrong to brand her a racist, definitely.

This is coming from someone of mixed ethnic origins, so I have been at the receiving end of some questionable comments by some people, but I wouldn't label them a racist for it.

I also don't think it is appropriate at all to be discussing this whilst the trial is ongoing.
  • lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how horrible and disgusting if she did use that language. However, if she's innocent then she deserves compensation. When will we know the verdict?
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    It's going to be hard for EE/BBC to just ignore this and allow her to continue, if she found guilty, the haters of the BBC will have a field day.

I think if she's convicted of using the 'n' word then she'll be out, as simple as that (and rightly so IMO). Nowadays the BBC is very PC and can't be seen to condone this, besides anything else the sh!tstorm that would come their way for keeping her in employment wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Anyway, it's early days, it hasn't all been reported yet.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »

So she has gone to court looking like Shirley Carter. Not a good move. :o
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    So she has gone to court looking like Shirley Carter. Not a good move. :o

:D:D:D that's how she looks, what's she supposed to do? Wear a wig and a mask? :D
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Different account of proceedings here:

https://twitter.com/CourtNewsUK
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judge: "So, Ms Henry, who killed Lucy Beale? And remember you're under oath".
  • danlrwilliamsdanlrwilliams Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Sorry but this latest post on the Mirror seems a joke IMO. Hope Linda is found not guilty :(:o

3:47 PM:

Mr Mendy tells the court that his colleague told him Henry had called her a n*****.

Mirror man Steve Robson reports from court:

"He also says Henry called the pair "cigarette wardens" and "mocked" them from inside the restaurant with facial expressions."
  • danlrwilliamsdanlrwilliams Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Judge: "So, Ms Henry, who killed Lucy Beale? And remember you're under oath".

Would certainly make light of the trial :p, hope she's found not guilty!