Options

OK Magazine - finally scraping the barrell.

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
OK magazine has been steadily sliding down the slippery slope from top notch weekly glossy celeb mag.... to tenth rate chav bible. This week's headline really does make one cringe and have to acknowledge just how low it has finally gone.

Peter (Andre) talks for the first time about his one night stand.
WORLD EXCLUSIVE

Yes folks... the words World Exclusive actually follow this headline.

But he does not have the entire front page to himself... oh no... just to the right.... we have Katona.... with the heading...

EXCLUSIVE ... Sorry Pete, Adam's a real laugh !!

Whatever the magazine equivalent of euthanasia is, I really wish it could finally be enforced, and put this embarrassing publication out of it's misery once and for all.

Comments

• Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    My only gripe with your post is the use of the word "finally"!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never read OK before but coming home from holiday a couple of weeks back, I had nothing to read on the plane so I bought a copy. OMG, what a pile of tosh. :eek: I got to read such delights as more crap about Katona, Pwice, Andre, Chezza and other low rent zelebs than I ever needed to know. But the real treat was I got to see all the photos from Minty out of Eastenders wedding. How I didn't wet myself there and then, I don't know!!!
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    I have never read OK before but coming home from holiday a couple of weeks back, I had nothing to read on the plane so I bought a copy. OMG, what a pile of tosh. :eek: I got to read such delights as more crap about Katona, Pwice, Andre, Chezza and other low rent zelebs than I ever needed to know. But the real treat was I got to see all the photos from Minty out of Eastenders wedding. How I didn't wet myself there and then, I don't know!!!

Minty must have some sort of deal with them because the last time i picked up Ok was a couple of weeks ago ( i went to the park and wanted a magazine not too taxing to read :o)
    there was like a four page spread about his new baby.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »

Agreed, OK have been scraping the bottom of the barrel for years.
  • Options
    Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think that they'd pay any money for my mum's true story, 'I turned down Paul McCartney' ....

Cos it's TRUE... it was years ago.... I was playing a Wings CD in my room, and mum came in and said it was too loud, and came over to the volume control and turned it down.!!

:p
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Minty must have some sort of deal with them because the last time i picked up Ok was a couple of weeks ago ( i went to the park and wanted a magazine not too taxing to read :o)
    there was like a four page spread about his new baby.

I seem to remember that Minty's impending fatherhood was the DS news item for weeks...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1077853&highlight=cliff+parisi
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first thought too! :D
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most off-putting cover story (don't know if it was Hello or OK) was a couple of weeks ago - the appalling Jack Tweed with some blonde who apparently is pregnant, and of course the headline is that he 'would have loved to have had a baby with Jade':yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK! Magazine scrapped the bottom of the barrel with edition 666, the claim that Jade Goody was dead when in fact she was still alive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    the infamous Jordan and blow-up doll front page was mucho tacky too......even by skank pwicey's uber tacky standards!
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember that Minty's impending fatherhood was the DS news item for weeks...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1077853&highlight=cliff+parisi
    Oh has Cliff had his baby now? So why no DS banner headline telling us all?:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member

It was! Haha. Yet I don't remember reading anything about the baby actually being born. Maybe it was an OK exclusive :p Yeah I agree OP, OK Magazine's main sources of late have been Jordan/Pete/Alex, and Kerry Katona, there's really nothing between it and Heat/Now/Closer anymore...except maybe the price, is it still slightly more expensive than the others?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also second that sentiment.

I think I would rather read the satanic bible than OK magazine.
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyberninja wrote: »

The only problem is that it's probably full of crap about Andre, Chipshop, Jordan etc anyway... It is satanic, after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyberninja wrote: »

Normally I'd agree but Thomas Cook don't sell that onboard any of their planes ;)
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK are the worst of the worst, I used to read it about 10 years or more ago, and it was much classier (hard to imagine I know) and a serious rival to Hello!.

Now they're down there with Star Magazine for trash, and they've gone up over £1 in price, too. £2.95 for a magazine when you can get an award winning novel from any supermarket for less.

They have been warned over their manipulating images loads of times, and their 'in memoriam' issue of Jade Goody (when she was still alive and stayed that way for another 10 days or whatever it was) was absolutely disgusting. I bought it when I went on honeymoon last year to read on the plane, they'd printed a photo of Michael Jackson's dead body as it was stretchered out of his home, next to photos of his kids and a 10 year old interview from Debbie Rowe.

Their front pages are pure fantasy - in fact funnily enough my mother in law gave me a pile of old mags to read, all 2010 Elle/Cosmo apart from a 2005 OK! which sneaked it's way in somehow - it was a right laugh, all the stories were total lies which are only obvious 5 years on!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    ok, heat, star, closer,....they should all be banned for crimes against intelligence
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well OK have now reached a new level of scraping, they sacked her as a columnist and now she's back on the payroll, Kerry has her column back!! Have to give it to Can they have Peter and Kerry well and truly on Richard Desmonds payroll, Pete with a column in New and now Kerry has a column in OK, all part of his empire.

And I did not buy OK just saw the front cover.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    molly1cat wrote: »
    Well OK have now reached a new level of scraping, they sacked her as a columnist and now she's back on the payroll, Kerry has her column back!! Have to give it to Can they have Peter and Kerry well and truly on Richard Desmonds payroll, Pete with a column in New and now Kerry has a column in OK, all part of his empire.

Just to clarify, you mean that a journalist is writing a load of cr@p, and Katona gets her name on the bottom and gets a wedge of cash for her trouble?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kerry has her column back!!

How and WHY?:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify, you mean that a journalist is writing a load of cr@p, and Katona gets her name on the bottom and gets a wedge of cash for her trouble?

Although I have not looked inside OK (shudders at the thought) I agree with your comment.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    How and WHY?:eek:

Well OK have to keep the C*apometer high, so now Katie Price is not on the payroll anymore, they need someone else to spill every detail of their lives, and Can need a return on their investment.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Yes I saw the cover- isn't it hinting at a wedding for Kerry (of course it will be nothing of the sort once you open the magazine)..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

is it as insightful as the old one. That was full of gems like 'I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday - they are nice' or 'I feel sorry for Britney, she is a good singer' or even 'I saw Colleen Rooney last week in Waitrose, she looked pretty'. Journalism at it's finest I think you'll all agree................:p
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Even if OK magazine used to be classier, it was still scraping the barrell back then by presenting us with obscure royals in their 'sumptuous' country houses. :rolleyes: