Gift tickets as gifts...

javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey just wondered what some peoples views were on buying a gift ticket as a birthday present.

I want to buy a friend a gift ticket for the Harry Potter Studio tour for her 21st birthday. Is it wrong for me just to buy her one ticket? Its open ended so when she books her date with it she can add others and they can sort it.

Am I just being stingy in buying one ticket for her alone or should I be buying 2, one for her and whoever she decides to take?

My logic is that as its not a gig where its likely to sell out she won't be by herself and others can buy tickets and go with her for when she books the date. They are also £28 each, so I'd feel a bit cheated if I spent £56 and not go. :o (I could buy 2 and give one to her, and I'd go but I'm not that much of a fan compared to her).

So I was just wondering what others thought of buying these types of gifts in general.

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Id say its a good idea so long as she has another friend who would be willing to buy a ticket to go with her.
  • goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    Just steer clear of ever buying anyone a Red Letter Days one. They're a right rip off.
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I spoke to her and she just said go ahead and buy one. I did say iF she was stuck at finding someone to go with I'd likely go and get one for myself.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've gone off buying anyone gift tickets or gift cards for anyone since I "lost" so much on companies that have gone down the tube. Examples: La Senza - they won't take any gift cards sold before they were taken over. So that's £200 down the drain. Borders is another - £100 lost.

Lesson has been learned!