Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Personally speaking, I CAN tell the difference between a full sugar drink and one with artificial sweetener (yes, even Coke Zero!!).

I'd bloody complain!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    It's amazing that not one person in that cinema asked for a Sprite or Fanta instead.

Or indeed a diet Coke/Coke Zero

Well I would have been the odd one out as I never buy those drinks at the cinema, too expensive for a start and I'm not a fizzy drink person either, somehow I manage to last the whole film without them....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wonga adverts...find them a bit creepy
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,155
    Forum Member
    That British Gas advert's beginning to piss me off. It's on all the time now. And the moving blob ain't cute.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ladbrokes Bet in Play ad.

Italian commentator Tiziano Crudeli shouts Game On, really get's on my nerves and just makes me want to shout at the tv.

Shut up!!!!
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing that not one person in that cinema asked for a Sprite or Fanta instead.

Or indeed a diet Coke/Coke Zero

I tasted coke zero, had the squirts for three days and off work for a week, if it was marketed as a laxative then it would be a best seller.

As for that Jessica bint on the Santander advert she looks seriously creeped out sitting in the middle of those two guys touching herself up, and I see the relentless charidee adverts in daytime have quadrupled to the point that recently during an ad break every ad shown was a charity one.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    Wmsheep wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I CAN tell the difference between a full sugar drink and one with artificial sweetener (yes, even Coke Zero!!).

I'd bloody complain!!

I can tell the difference too as I have a very sweet tooth and coke Zero just doesn't cut it, bit like when you have a cup of tea with one sugar when you are used to two, the difference is subtle but enough for you to feel vaguely cheated :D
    I see the relentless charidee adverts in daytime have quadrupled to the point that recently during an ad break every ad shown was a charity one.

Don't get me started on them:( there are many things in life I dislike, emotional blackmail while being made to feel guilty for having the nerve to actually eat my dinner is pretty high on the list!
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:That Pilgrims cheese one with the tiny cowboy :(

Whats that all about, eat Pilgrims and you shrink :confused:

and would a horse be allowed in a supermarket? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I can tell the difference too as I have a very sweet tooth and coke Zero just doesn't cut it, bit like when you have a cup of tea with one sugar when you are used to two, the difference is subtle but enough for you to feel vaguely cheated :D

Don't get me started on them:( there are many things in life I dislike, emotional blackmail while being made to feel guilty for having the nerve to actually eat my dinner is pretty high on the list!
    I do agree. They go on and on and on. I despise them too and yes I do give money to charities. Why do we only see children? What about are the women and elderly?
    They do make me feel humble and guilty as I tuck into my dinner but I have got to the stage where I just switch channels as soon as they come on.
    I think the people in charge of those countries should be made watch those pictures of their own starving people on TV. Maybe they would stop buying arms and spend the money where it is needed.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »

Yes, usually in the frozen food section.
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    TrishaS wrote: »
    :eek:That Pilgrims cheese one with the tiny cowboy :(

Whats that all about, eat Pilgrims and you shrink :confused:

I hate that advert. My Triplets saw it once and it made them want a horse and we live in London. There's no place for a horse and why is the cowboy so small?

As for charity ads that tell you to pay so much a month, a friend of mine did that and she was almost immediately bombarded with letters and phone calls asking to her pay money to other charities.

Then there's the idiot who doesn't know his wife dyes her hair and the kid in the kitchen and the kids running around screaming before their parents paint their room. Ugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I hate that advert. My Triplets saw it once and it made them want a horse and we live in London. There's no place for a horse and why is the cowboy so small?

As for charity ads that tell you to pay so much a month, a friend of mine did that and she was almost immediately bombarded with letters and phone calls asking to her pay money to other charities.
    Then there's the idiot who doesn't know his wife dyes her hair and the kid in the kitchen and the kids running around screaming before their parents paint their room. Ugh
    That gets me going too and the fact that the dog was under the duvet in their bed and they pretend they didn't realise.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    "I could do with a snack". Get it yourself then, lazy cow! I don't think it's fair he always has to deal with the abusive M&Ms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, usually in the frozen food section.

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Godloves Solicitors" - REALLY?
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QUOTE]

and the way she says " you're so Littoo"::mad:
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    "I could do with a snack". Get it yourself then, lazy cow! I don't think it's fair he always has to deal with the abusive M&Ms.

Yes....my thinking exactly!! Its just the way she says it too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debenhams..please take your "This is the Life"..and stuff the jarring jingle up a designer ...and they play it in the blo**dy shop...
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Message to Argos :

"Get rid of those annoying blue aliens with the skinny long necks !!"

They're just not funny.
  • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Message to Argos :

"Get rid of those annoying blue aliens with the skinny long necks !!"

They're just not funny.

Indeed. Someone here said they are computer animated, if so, why make them look like and act puppets, the same for Wonga loans.

An advert annoying at the moment is the one with the 'song' that goes 'na, na na, na na, na na'. I cannot recall the company advertising, the song sounds like the writer could not come up with enough words to make the melody.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »

I've come to the conclusion she says I could do with a smack, only he didn't hear her correctly, if he had of done, the M&Ms would join him in smacking her
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I do agree. They go on and on and on. I despise them too and yes I do give money to charities. Why do we only see children? What about are the women and elderly?
    They do make me feel humble and guilty as I tuck into my dinner but I have got to the stage where I just switch channels as soon as they come on.
    I think the people in charge of those countries should be made watch those pictures of their own starving people on TV. Maybe they would stop buying arms and spend the money where it is needed.

I wonder about the women too, it is obvious they use the kids to pile on the emotion, "give us YOUR money or these children will die horribly", they as good as say it! I always say to my husband "how come the babies are lying there skin and bone, yet the mother's are healthy (or at least healthy enough to drop another sprog :(), Grrrrr.

Also dislike this advert, not the ad itself which is rather awesome:) but the anti-climax at the end when you find out its for poxy Samsung smart TV!:mad:
    http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=hgCZNnXBNr0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »
    Debenhams..please take your "This is the Life"..and stuff the jarring jingle up a designer ...and they play it in the blo**dy shop...

I hate this one, but mainly because the models have perfect figures and skin :mad:

and I haven't :cry::cry::o
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. Someone here said they are computer animated, if so, why make them look like and act puppets, the same for Wonga loans.

An advert annoying at the moment is the one with the 'song' that goes 'na, na na, na na, na na'. I cannot recall the company advertising, the song sounds like the writer could not come up with enough words to make the melody.

Ah aah, the 'na, na na, na na, na na' song, er, what advert is that in then ? :rolleyes:
  • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    Ah aah, the 'na, na na, na na, na na' song, er, what advert is that in then?

I cannot recall the company or much of the advert except for a couple ballroom dancing.
This discussion has been closed.