Options

OMG Kevin from Grimbsy, OMG

labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couldn't take my eyes off him!
Amazing :eek:

Ok , now I'm going for Kevin and his celeb dancer, whatshername
Had to watch it three times, lol. So dramatic!

:eek::eek:Kevin!!:eek::eek:

Comments

• Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit, he was fab. Didn't think he had it in him :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He always has come across so modest and well.....nice

But he had it in him tonight :)
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    labasheedy wrote: »
    He always has come across so modest and well.....nice

But he had it in him tonight :)

Didn't he just :D
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never, never, NEVER had a favourite pro dancer before. But Kevin is now IT. :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else catch themselves thinking of Paul Mercurio in the other Strictly tonight?:)
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    I've never, never, NEVER had a favourite pro dancer before. But Kevin is now IT. :D:D:D
    He is a delight.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    He is Clark Kent.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a breath of fresh air and he sure can dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    He was fabulous! But the only thing is, that dance became all about him, you didn't really notice Susanna too much.

I don't think he did that deliberately though, and it was probably partly due to the way he looked, with that costume.

And the judges obviously didn't think so, seeing as she got 3 tens.
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    Anyone else catch themselves thinking of Paul Mercurio in the other Strictly tonight?:)

YES! That's exactly what it reminded me of! Thanks :D
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a favourite since Matt and Ian left, but I adore Kevin. He's such a welcome addition to the show.
  • Options
    Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really, really loved that Paso to a quite unreasonable degree. I think it was how utterly mental it was, compared to the milquetoast pisstake efforts of the other pros.

Like, for a while now it's been a running joke on Strictly - ooooh er, how're you gonna do the big scary Spanish bull dance - and you get stuff like Richard Armchair mincing around as a zombie, or Iveta's disco-spaceman thing, or Ashley's cowboy thingy, and it's all a bit, like, well we know we're ballroom dancers but even we're too cool to take this silly bull thing seriously so it's going to be either a gimmick or ironic detachment kthx and you end up with these self-consciously zany approaches to what usually is a bit of a nothing dance.

BAM

KEVIN FROM MOTHER****ING GRIMBSY

95lbs of glitter, lurid Spandex and spring loaded pipe cleanrs is going to BOUNCE AROUND LIKE A BASTARD because THIS IS A GODDAMNED PASO DOBLE YOU WRETCHES! AND HE IS GOING TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT'S HIS JOB. He has spent the series looking like a nice teenager who's decent enough to dance with his mother at a cousin's wedding, and then BAM this week they are replaced by a couple of horny murderers! Stalking! Bouncing! Flips! Spinning! A big cape! THE MOST SPANISH OUTFITS. FLAMENCO BREAKDOWNS. THE MOST BULLFIGHTY SONG IN THE ENTIRE MUSICAL LEXICON. SUSANNA REID WAFTING LIKE HER LADYPARTS WERE AFLAME. YAAAAH. STAREDOWNS LIKE TWO PRO WRESTLERS WHO'VE JUST SPOTTED THEIR MORTAL ENEMIES HOLDING THEIR WIFE'S GARTERS. OLÉ, YA GIT!

That, my friends, is WORKMANSHIP. None of your "new spin on it" malarkey, none of that rubbish. He went and did the MOST PASO DOBLE a PASO COULD POSSIBLY BE. Even if he actually killed a bull using a big sword live on the telly it would STILL NOT BE MORE PASO.

MAKES ME BLOODY PROUD TO BE BRITISH, and I say that as a dirty lefty Britain-hating scumbag!

Mr. Fromgrimsby, Ms or Mrs Reid - I salute you both!
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, my OMG was - OMG what the heck was that mess of a dance. Does nothing for me.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really, really loved that Paso to a quite unreasonable degree. I think it was how utterly mental it was, compared to the milquetoast pisstake efforts of the other pros.

Like, for a while now it's been a running joke on Strictly - ooooh er, how're you gonna do the big scary Spanish bull dance - and you get stuff like Richard Armchair mincing around as a zombie, or Iveta's disco-spaceman thing, or Ashley's cowboy thingy, and it's all a bit, like, well we know we're ballroom dancers but even we're too cool to take this silly bull thing seriously so it's going to be either a gimmick or ironic detachment kthx and you end up with these self-consciously zany approaches to what usually is a bit of a nothing dance.

BAM

95lbs of glitter, lurid Spandex and spring loaded pipe cleanrs is going to BOUNCE AROUND LIKE A BASTARD because THIS IS A GODDAMNED PASO DOBLE YOU WRETCHES! AND HE IS GOING TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT'S HIS JOB. He has spent the series looking like a nice teenager who's decent enough to dance with his mother at a cousin's wedding, and then BAM this week they are replaced by a couple of horny murderers! Stalking! Bouncing! Flips! Spinning! A big cape! THE MOST SPANISH OUTFITS. FLAMENCO BREAKDOWNS. THE MOST BULLFIGHTY SONG IN THE ENTIRE MUSICAL LEXICON. SUSANNA REID WAFTING LIKE HER LADYPARTS WERE AFLAME. YAAAAH. STAREDOWNS LIKE TWO PRO WRESTLERS WHO'VE JUST SPOTTED THEIR MORTAL ENEMIES HOLDING THEIR WIFE'S GARTERS. OLÉ, YA GIT!

That, my friends, is WORKMANSHIP. None of your "new spin on it" malarkey, none of that rubbish. He went and did the MOST PASO DOBLE a PASO COULD POSSIBLY BE. Even if he actually killed a bull using a big sword live on the telly it would STILL NOT BE MORE PASO.

MAKES ME BLOODY PROUD TO BE BRITISH, and I say that as a dirty lefty Britain-hating scumbag!

I don't often concur with your views OT, but tonight we are in total accord. Thank you and good night. :D
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

BAM

I salute this post. A passionate synopsis of a very passionate rendition of a passionate art form - what could be better. :)
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BAM

A f***ing A1 post Mr Oicho Throw! :D
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BAM

:D:D:D Post of the day!!!
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I love Kevin. I love Susannah.

They're brilliant. Classic and classy paso doble. I much prefer it when they keep it with original style and music. I know I'm a dinosaur but I'm with Len and can't stand all the faffing about and some modern music just doesn't work.

Loved it and love them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BAM

Si!
    Fantástico! :D

That's twice in a row I've noticed your posts, must look for more.. :)
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BAM

That is a fantastic post
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member

BAM

*claps and cheers*

Post. Of. The. Year. Lol
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    lol :D

i want what he's having...
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oicho Throw, you have summarised exactly how I feel about that performance, except I couldn't have expressed it so eloquently. :D:D
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, Kevin is King!!!!!!!!!

Olé !
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    lol :D