Red Button service now on BBC One HD and BBC Two HD

Comments

• neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no red button service on the BBC HD in Scotland from Craigkelly.

Darren
  • epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a roll-out, it isn't really useful to state that it hasn't arrived yet at specific sites. It is useful to mention when it does arrive. I would hope that the BBC could sort out the issues with the PMT data before rolling out the service to further sites. At the moment the RB doesn't work on BBC 3 HD/CBBC HD even though the BBC Blog suggests that it should.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now working on CBBC HD and no doubt later on BBC Three HD.
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,740
    Forum Member
    Connected RED Button Service now working in Oxford
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,740
    Forum Member
    Would be interested to know which boxes/tvs are (and are not) working for this new service.

Here in Oxford it is working on the BT Youview box.
  • epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    Now working on CBBC HD and no doubt later on BBC Three HD.

Although with the basic menu and not the customised CBBC Extra offered on SD.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Red Button is on 1,2 and CBBC in Scotland,

When I initially tried it a minute ago, there was only one option on p100, namely 'Exit to TV', but now it seems fully funxtional.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I notice the "Welcome to the Red Button Service." (gotta love the full stop ;)) message now alternates with "Read the latest Entertainment News! p501" on all channels.

Hasn't it been static for a couple of years?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    Would be interested to know which boxes/tvs are (and are not) working for this new service.
    I would be very surprised if any HD receiver which supported the red button service on SD did not. (Which should be all of them, although I know there are some boxes sold on Amazon and eBay that are not Freeview HD certified and do not support MHEG at all.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    Connected RED Button Service now working in Oxford
    This thread is about the Red Button service on the HD channels rather than the Connected Red Button service, so can you clarify which you are talking about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As of this afternoon the red button service is no on BBC1 Scotland HD and BBC 2 HD from Craigkelly.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    As of this afternoon the red button service is no on BBC1 Scotland HD and BBC 2 HD from Craigkelly.

"now" or "not"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "now" or "not"?

Now I ment to say. I have also noticed that the red button service is now also working on BBC 3 HD.

Darren
  • stuharris63stuharris63 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Red button now available on BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD & BBC3 HD from Brierley Hill transmitter!
  • dragon-itdragon-it Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Red button now available on BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD & BBC3 HD from Brierley Hill transmitter!

Well that saves me checking then, thanks!
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    This thread is about the Red Button service on the HD channels rather than the Connected Red Button service, so can you clarify which you are talking about?
    They're interlinked.
    If you have a device that supports Connected Red Button, then the roll-out of the Red Button on Freeview HD channels means you can now access the Connected Red Button from those channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Now working on The Wrekin
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Working on Divis. Pressing red on ONE, TWO, THREE or FOUR HD brings up the BBC Home menu and you can select from some featured content, such as the Connected Red Button or the standard interactive menu, but the default is the Featured content.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Working on Divis. Pressing red on ONE, TWO, THREE or FOUR HD brings up the BBC Home menu and you can select from some featured content, such as the Connected Red Button or the standard interactive menu, but the default is the Featured content.
    FOUR HD? Are you sure?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    They're interlinked.
    If you have a device that supports Connected Red Button, then the roll-out of the Red Button on Freeview HD channels means you can now access the Connected Red Button from those channels.
    I realise that, but the post I was replying to made no mention of HD channels.
  • Dave_AnthonyDave_Anthony Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Now available on 1, 2 & 3 HD from Redruth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can now finally fully stop using the SD channels of BBC 1 Scotland and BBC 3 but I only every watch BBC 3 now and again.

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    BBC One HD, BBC Two HD and CBBC HD have red button now here from Rowridge.
    BBC 3 off air, so could not test that this morning.

Red button is very quick on freeview compared to it on the sky box.
    Not sure if this recent change has done this as do not use it often on freeview.
    On freeview its instant , scrolling and changing pages. On the sky box its a good 4-5 seconds and sometimes more to do the same.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed to have arrived at Sutton Coldfield
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Red button is very quick on freeview compared to it on the sky box.
    Not sure if this recent change has done this as do not use it often on freeview.
    I can't see any real difference between the response times on the SD and HD channels. As ever, it's usually quick but occasionally freezes for a few seconds. On the rare ocassions I have had to use it on a Sky box it has been extremely slow to the point of being virtually unusable; maybe modern Sky boxes are better.