Options

David Bradley as the......

dave1976dave1976 Posts: 194
Forum Member
I was reading the digitalspy cult section about new recruits for Doctor Who series 7, Rupert Graves, Mark Williams and David Bradley, then thought no more about it. The the other night I watched 'Old Tricks' and David Bradley was starring in that. I couldn't help but notice, probably due to his mannerism and hairstyle that he could possibly portray the First Doctor in a special.

How he could look as the First Doctor?

http://dwtrunk.com/davidbradley-william-hartnell.jpg

Only a light-hearted suggestion, nothing serious :)

Comments

• Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicely done picture. An intriguing idea...
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    That's very good. Certainly looks more Hartnell than Richard Hurndall did.

As you say, nice for a bit of fun. In reality, I have never been a fan of the idea of recasting previous Doctors. It was a mistake in The Five Doctors imo. :)
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    That's very good. Certainly looks more Hartnell than Richard Hurndall did.

As you say, nice for a bit of fun. In reality, I have never been a fan of the idea of recasting previous Doctors. It was a mistake in The Five Doctors imo. :)

It didn't work very well in Timecrash either for me :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    GaaaVINGaaaVIN Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Very good mock-up there.

He is very good, distinguished actor with a fine body of work. My temptation is to say, what the hell, give it a go! I mean, if it doesn't work out then there's always fans that can feverishly work it out of cannon.

I've considered who could play deceased Doctors in the past and had never thought of him for the first doctor so I congratulate you on such fine speculating!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gaaavin, out of interest, who have you considered in the past?

Another for me is Bradley Walsh as the 2nd Doctor, no idea why, but I just find them both similar.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Martin Jarvis for me as the Pertwee incarnation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/shakespeare/muchadoaboutnothing/images/450x187/martin_jarvis.jpg

Read on another forum once about somebody who either worked on a project or attended a convention where he attended. Apparently Martin does a very good vocal impression of JP.:)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is this David Bradley as the First Doctor?
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely that should be a 2013 kind of thing if it happened at all? I think it is just a new character...and I'm also thinking a clearer version of the trailer, due Monday, will dispel this theory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely that should be a 2013 kind of thing if it happened at all? I think it is just a new character...and I'm also thinking a clearer version of the trailer, due Monday, will dispel this theory.

Oh I doubt it is the Doctor but after seeing the talk in the trailer thread and looking for who was meant (pretty sure that is David Bradley) I remembered this thread.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave1976 wrote: »
    I was reading the digitalspy cult section about new recruits for Doctor Who series 7, Rupert Graves, Mark Williams and David Bradley, then thought no more about it. The the other night I watched 'Old Tricks' and David Bradley was starring in that. I couldn't help but notice, probably due to his mannerism and hairstyle that he could possibly portray the First Doctor in a special.

Presume this would be a no no now then, having seen the trailer for Saturdays show.
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave1976 wrote: »

I think they could do a lot worse than stick a wig on John ''Bergerac'' Nettles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presume this would be a no no now then, having seen the trailer for Saturdays show.
    Actually I've seen it suggested recently that Bradley should play Hartnell (rather than the First Doctor) in the upcoming Docudrama.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Actually I've seen it suggested recently that Bradley should play Hartnell (rather than the First Doctor) in the upcoming Docudrama.

There's a rumour going round that he has been cast as Hartnell. Allegedly there was a readthrough today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay it is not the actual series, but it still came true, kind of :)

I think David Bradley will do the part justice!
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who drama casts David Bradley as William Hartnell
    Harry Potter actor David Bradley will play "first Doctor" William Hartnell in a BBC drama about Doctor Who's creation to mark its 50th anniversary.

An Adventure in Space and Time will tell the story of the genesis of the BBC sci-fi drama in the early 1960s.

Bradley, known to millions for his role as Filch in the Potter series, said he was "absolutely thrilled" to be cast.

I can't say the name David Bradley meant anything to me, if they'd said Filch however ... :D
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    I can see it working - he's a very good actor.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

dave1976's Feb 2012 OP here outdibs everyone I think? :D
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    dave1976's Feb 2012 OP here outdibs everyone I think? :D

I hadn't seen that - good shout.

I withdraw my claim and bow to dave"The Master"1976 :)