Doc Martin (Part 10 — Spoilers)

Comments

• dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Remember what happened at the end of William and Mary?! ;)

No. I never saw that show. What happened?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Han96 wrote: »
    Mmm she did. Makes me realise how much the show misses her though :(:)

Well I suppose we have to give Jessica Ransom a chance to settle into her role as Morwenna, but I think it might have been nice to have had a change from the ditsy gobby young girl type of receptionist and gone for a change - maybe a super efficient receptionist, or a male. But why change a winning formula? Same with having a dog following DM round that he hates. I did think Buddy looked very cute when he wouldn't drop his stick for the Doc - a very clever little acting doggy isn't he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member

Noooo! Don't say that! ;)
    dcdmfan wrote: »
    No. I never saw that show. What happened?

They never ended up getting married! But at least they stay'd together. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Han96 wrote: »
    Anyone see KP, on would i lie to you - she was great :)

I wonder how soon it will be on you-tube?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I heard somewhere that CC has a tattoo. Anyone know if this is true?
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I heard somewhere that CC has a tattoo. Anyone know if this is true?

I read that somewhere also. I think it's a rose on her shoulder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    While I was watching S5E2 on ITV1 Player there was an ad for Maltese (?) a candy and one of the actors looked just like the lady the played the very pregnant Maid of Honor for LG at the non wedding Has anyone else seen this?
  • mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    JJwhy wrote: »
    While I was watching S5E2 on ITV1 Player there was an ad for Maltese (?) a candy and one of the actors looked just like the lady the played the very pregnant Maid of Honor for LG at the non wedding Has anyone else seen this?

I've seen that advert and it was definitely the actress who played Isobel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooo! Don't say that! ;)

They never ended up getting married! But at least they stay'd together. :)

I was disappointed they didn't get married, were you?:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member

I was bummed, for sure --- and who throws a diamond ring out the window?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those on here having the discussion about who could play DM in a USA version...Why??? Why do we feel the need to re-invent the wheel?

I would prefer BP to come up with a completely new show and go from there.

DM is a british TV show & should remain this way.

Look what happened to The Office when someone obviously got greedy & thought they could turn it into something American...the British version sh!ts all over the American version. I tried to watch it but turned it off within 2 min. Terrible!

Let's get creative and think of a completely new TV show BP could do in the USA .

No offence to our American friends on here...just my opinion. ;) There has been some great TV shows come out of America which I have loved. But I can't go passed British TV...they are the king of TV shows IMO...Love them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know! :eek: I was mad about how Mary was treating William towards the end, when all he was trying to do was help her!
    And he loved her so much....oh, to be loved like that! :p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love LG (CC) facial expression when she told Mrs T that she thought she had some nappies but couldn't find them. She moved towards her with such attitude..love it!

They both are really starting to despise eachother.

Only if LG knew that she kissed DM :D
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

They're great!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **Greta** wrote: »
    I love LG (CC) facial expression when she told Mrs T that she thought she had some nappies but couldn't find them. She moved towards her with such attitude..love it!

I love that scene. CC is very expssive so far in this series. I really like it. I also loved the naivety with which she said "he can sleep with me". Her Cornish accent was very strong in e1. It 's also great to see her not pregnant.

She would be really p***sed off if she knew about the kiss. He seems to really dislike Mrs. T also, even more than before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member

I was so upset they didn't get married. After all they went through...I mean granted, she was a real b!tch that last series but the whole time he just put up with her like it was nothing.

and throwing that ring out the window?? Totally unnecessary! I'd of given it 5 min before I would be out there with a flashlight looking for that thing! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    For those on here having the discussion about who could play DM in a USA version...Why??? Why do we feel the need to re-invent the wheel?would prefer BP to come up with a completely new show and go from there. DM is a british TV show & should remain this way.Look what happened to The Office when someone obviously got greedy & thought they could turn it into something American...the British version sh!ts all over the American version. I tried to watch it but turned it off No offence to our American friends on here...just my opinion. ;) There has been some great TV shows come out of America which I have loved. But I can't go passed British TV...they are the king of TV shows IMO...Love them.

You are absolutely right, and we don't really want a US version of the show. We've all previously agreed on that and agreed that DM is perfect like it is, and no one can match it. It was just something fun to do to pass the time before the new series like JJWhy said, and then had a brief repeat because it's fun- not because we think we can do it better. No one can play Doc Martin like Martin Clunes. No one can play Louisa like Caroline Catz, and the same goes for all the others. None of us would be such fans of the show if we thought differently. :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks Connie. One of the scenes we saw being shot was from episode 4 so I'm really looking forward to spotting that scene :D
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..i thought i heard "quasi sexual encounters..." but it sometimes hard for me(as an american) to catch the nuances of the british voice....

`is there a way to turn on subtitles when you're watching ITV player`? `i see the subtitles word flash on the screen but cannot figure out how to make use of it.
  • Mutley8Mutley8 Posts: 326
    Forum Member

Lara Bingle. Through her ring down the toilet. (Was engaged to Test cricketer ((and now Australian test captain)) Michael Clarke)

Ring was said to be worth about AUD$200K
    Despite plumbers being called in, the ring was never recovered:o:o
  • Mutley8Mutley8 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I know, MC will play the American version of DM! :).
    Problem solved! :D

Or Ted Danson.:p

Played a grumpy doctor with a heart of gold in Becker

And better looking than MC in my opinion as well;);)

Please don't abuse me. I'm just a fan of the show.... Not the actors
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Combined with the way she was speaking, that scene was actually quite sinister!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutley8 wrote: »
    Or Ted Danson.:p
    Played a grumpy doctor with a heart of gold in Becker
    And better looking than MC in my opinion as well;);)
    Please don't abuse me. I'm just a fan of the show.... Not the actors
    Don't worry Mutley, I suppose that his mother and his wife have to think that he's handsome - the rest of us can have our own opinions;):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.