Options

Sky to replace approx 90,000 box, mine is 1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
Forum Member
I know this was posted around 1 month go, i have just realized mine is one of the Sky HD boxes that needs to be replaced, My model numbers is on the list (Pace 9F3003). It says on the BBC website that the process is going to take 3 months.

Will Sky contact me to arrange the replacement or do i need to contact them?

The link = http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_7894000/7894752.stm?lss

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    is this thread for real?

i mean the relevant thread isnt only just on the front page, its the first thread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaydeacon wrote: »
    is this thread for real?

i mean the relevant thread isnt only just on the front page, its the first thread

Or we could just answer the guy ?

SKY will be in touch. They're doing it in batches. The good news is you get 3 months free HD. The bad news is there's no guarantee of what the new box will be (although some have stood firm and insisted on what they want).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    It's an optional recall, so if you're happy your Pace box is working OK, then personally I wouldn't risk it!

Just my opinion... I said no - and there are many others in that Pace HD Recall thread that now wish they had too.

It depends how much you really think 3 months free HD and a new warranty is worth for a problem that Sky admitted themselves would only affect a small minority of the boxes they are recalling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    This is probably what is holding up new registrations?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    willow1971 wrote: »
    This is probably what is holding up new registrations?

I wouldn't think so, I suspect there's just a shortage of new boxes.

New customers should get new boxes, but those exchanging their nearly-new Paces generally seem to be getting refurb units.

The only exceptions to that seem to be those who have boxes less than 90 days old, or those that kick up a big enough fuss and insist on a new box (be it Samsung, Amstrad or Pace).

As such, I think the majority of these 90,000 recalls will not be affecting the supply of new boxes.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky called me on 3rd March to (presumably) arrange for my Pace box to be swapped, but as no-one was in they said they would ring back... Nothing yet, and I hope they don't unless I'm there to give them my list of demands!

Paddy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    ah ok, thanks for all the replies. Mine does have a slight problem. If from table unit gets knocked the sky box freezes and the screen goes green so i will risk a new box and wait for Sky to call.