Children in Need. Cheryl mimes, Annie Lennox sings live and blows everyone away.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Title says it all really, Cheryl miming again, identical performance to that on the x-factor, then on comes Mika who performs live and was great, then comes Annie Lennox and sings live and is truly awesome.

Now Shirley Bassey singing live, who is, as always, brilliant!

Upstaged much? ;)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. They are all completely different types of performers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention Leona's epic Run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know im watching too it was embrassing for cheryl.

Everyone was so so so so so much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even dizzeee rassceel is better at singing :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. They are all completely different types of performers.

Yep, all-bar-one of them can sing live ;)

Back to the show: Shirley Bassey and Dizee Rascal duet...oh...my god :)
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll be back on in a minute and will sing live

Well, DID sing live, it was recorded last week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow Patrol now, sounding great, and the hits just keep on comin :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow patrol
    amazing live

God cheryl is such a rubbish singer, im sure it was live but god it was crap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't people see that if EVERY female solo artist stood stock still and sang massive vocals there would be absolutely NO variety? Cheryl is a performer, she dances exceptionally well, she MC's and she sings. OK, she's not up to Leona's standard, and, obviously, she can't always sing 100% live.

It is physically impossible to sing completely live (and in tune) and do a huge routine like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't people see that if EVERY female solo artist stood stock still and sang massive vocals there would be absolutely NO variety? Cheryl is a performer, she dances exceptionally well, she MC's and she sings. OK, she's not up to Leona's standard, and, obviously, she can't always sing 100% live.

It is physically impossible to sing completely live (and in tune) and do a huge routine like that.

Not true beyonce does it all the time with much harder dance routines and sings amazlingly.....

Cheryl just cant sing.....lloyd and the twins upstage her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will now sing live with Snow Patrol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aye, you have a point there. I just thought that seeing the importance of the event she might have tried to sing it live.

However, Madonna sings live every time, puts on a huge show and she's in her 40's....so it's not physically impossible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    I don't think Cheryl is miming all of it. But yeah, she has definitely been upstaged by EVERYONE.

Chasing Cars is such a beautiful song. It brings a tear to my eye, especially live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    She's doing a ballad with snow patrol guy. Live. SO MERRR!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok lets see.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok wow she is sounding much much better.....

If i was on xf i would say cheryl stick to ballads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will now sing live with Snow Patrol.

This is more like it, she can sing live, i wish she would do it more often!

Sounding great now tbh, nice duet with Snow Patrol :)
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Well I was pleasantly surprised
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Title says it all really, Cheryl miming again, identical performance to that on the x-factor, then on comes Mika who performs live and was great, then comes Annie Lennox and sings live and is truly awesome.

Now Shirley Bassey singing live, who is, as always, brilliant!

Upstaged much? ;)

Thatis what the best singers do, sing live :) how many of your modern singers can? not many.

Sorts the wheat from the chaff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting her to ruin that song, as Snow Patrols number one fan ;) I hate people ruining there songs, but Cheryl done really well I thought :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Cheryl was pretty good there - fair play. Not quite in Martha Wainwright's league, but respectable.

I loved Muse but I can't believe how amazing DSB was on Diamonds Are Forever with Dizzee Rascal. I can't believe anyone going to top that performance.

Incidentally, I didn't enjoy Annie Lennox, I thought she over-egged it a bit. And I'm no Leona fan, she bores me to death, she's just not my kind of singer at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Love Snow Patrol, did not know this was on until this thread popped up. Not sure who I missed but not sorry I missed CC... although did have to hear her just now, but I was out the room for most of it, she looked nice. Her hair looked better tied back like that as well.

Sorry if I have missed Annie Lennox though.

Thanks for the heads up on the show, as I said had no idea it was on.

GG
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pipnlilly wrote: »
    Thatis what the best singers do, sing live :) how many of your modern singers can? not many.

Give her dues, her duet with Snow Patrol just now was really nice :)

Just bothered me that her pre-recorded vocals earlier sounded the same as those used on the x-factor.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    pipnlilly wrote: »

Absolute rot - "modern singers" as you quaintly put it can sing live - just as many. You do realise that they make money from touring so they need to be able to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she sing a bit of FFTL live in the middle, because it sounded quite shaky at one point?

Snow Patrol duet was okay. Looked a bit nervous and lacked any interaction but that's to be expected I suppose singing someone else's song.