Channel 4 - What's Cooking - Mondays - daytime

alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi folks,

Stumbled on this one...

What's Cooking?
Season 1 Episode 46 of 60
Ben Shephard and Lisa Faulkner present the daily culinary magazine show, featuring celebrity guests, enticing recipes and kitchen-based demonstrations. Viewers at home are also encouraged to get in touch with their food-based queries
Category Cooking
Executive Producer Sebastian Scott, Lucas Green
Series Producer Caroline Davies
Cast
Co-host Ben Shephard (IMDB)
Co-host Lisa Faulkner (IMDB)
Channel 4 12:35pm-1:45pm (1 hour 10 minutes) Mon 29 Apr

OK- so C4 have run COMPLETELY out of ideas, and are blending old-style Masterchef, with Can't Cook Won't Cook, along with Saturday Kitchen.

Are they THAT bereft of original thought?

Comments

• Options
    Mumsy24Mumsy24 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I find it all a bit confusing and disorganised especially as the presenters keep talking over each other.

The recipes are mostly very basic too.
  • Options
    wilts_ianwilts_ian Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... and all presented live from a Sainsbury's Car Park !
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It didn't seem to bother you for the first 46 days/episodes it's been on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have only seen it a few times and even then only parts of it. As I said it is all a bit too muddled to hold my attention.

I didn't realise it was filmed in a Sainsbury's car park - I wonder why it isn't filmed in a purpose built studio?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mumsy24 wrote: »
    I have only seen it a few times and even then only parts of it. As I said it is all a bit too muddled to hold my attention.

I didn't realise it was filmed in a Sainsbury's car park - I wonder why it isn't filmed in a purpose built studio?
    I watched it once when it first came on air.
    It's a promotional tie in and the guest chefs have to run through the supermarket to get their ingredients for their dishes.
    I think it's to prove that you can make the dishes from ingredients available from your local Sainsbury's. (not forgetting the advertising)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I see now- Thank you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I've just been half watching What's Cooking today, Monday 20 May and there is a chef on called Theo (didn't hear surname). He was stuffing things under the skin on a chicken breast, then rubbing it all over. He put the chicken into a griddle pan then said "I'll just wash my hands". He must have had full hand contact with the chicken for about two minutes. He then put the chicken into a griddle pan to cook. Then he said "I'll just wash my hands now", turned round, turned the tap on, put his hands under for no more than 1.5 seconds, no soap or anything, then gave them a cursory wipe on an out of view towel. I actually still can't believe it!!! His hands have got to still be hoaching with raw chicken bacteria. He then proceeded to make a salad including ribbons of courgette, his hands ALL over the ingredients the whole time. It was absolutely like an advert for how NOT to prepare food safely.

I'm absolutely not OCD about stuff, but I was disgusted that this happened! I felt queasy when another guest then tucked into it, fingers crossed he doesn't get food poisoning.

I DO understand that programmes like this are constantly against the clock, but come on, that was shockingly bad.