Audio Description Help

Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a problem and it's starting to annoy me, since a few days ago i can't switch off audio description during Eastenders it refuses to switch off, it's just stuck on.

I'm I doing something wrong thanks.

Nvm guys it's a huge problem with everyone I check their forums.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, can't work it out. It's not turned on as far as I can tell, and it is only happening for eastenders. If you work it out let me know.
  • springyspringy Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Happening on the V+ Box as well... I just enable and disabled it on the settings and it seemed to have done the trick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Its only when Eastenders is recorded. I press info then AD to turn off but it does not work and the AD remains on. Is there another cure please??
  • i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virgin have put on there Help forums that they know about the problem and are trying to sort it out.
  • James-30James-30 Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    It's been happening for me since Thursday, think its quite funny when your watching a comedy like Miranda and the audio description chuckles at the end of the sentence lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also one thing that nobody seems to have picked up on and I'm going to have words with VM tomorrow, is that the Dolby Digital feed on BBC1HD has disappeared since they "fixed" the problem. Not very good and extremely frustrating. :(
  • dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also one thing that nobody seems to have picked up on and I'm going to have words with VM tomorrow, is that the Dolby Digital feed on BBC1HD has disappeared since they "fixed" the problem. Not very good and extremely frustrating. :(

That's their temporary "fix"
  • bamindybamindy Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Could it be a problem at the BBC end? My dad seems to have suddenly lost audio on the BBC HD channels on his freesat box...?
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    the problem is with the BBC and the Dolby track has Audio description on it.

so on the BBC HD feed you will have:

Audio 1 (ENG) AC3
    Audio 2 (ENG) AC3 Narrative

for some reason Audio 1 has the Narrative feed on it as well as audio 2.

Virgin temporarily cut the Audio 1 feed off and replaced it with

Audio 1 (ENG) MPEG

this is until the BBC have cured 5.1

hope this makes things clear :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All came back to normal this morning....It would help though, at Virgin Customer services, if they actually knew what Dolby Digital (or AC3) is :rolleyes:
  • bamindybamindy Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    the problem is with the BBC and the Dolby track has Audio description on it.

so on the BBC HD feed you will have:

Audio 1 (ENG) AC3
    Audio 2 (ENG) AC3 Narrative

for some reason Audio 1 has the Narrative feed on it as well as audio 2.

Virgin temporarily cut the Audio 1 feed off and replaced it with

Audio 1 (ENG) MPEG

this is until the BBC have cured 5.1

hope this makes things clear :)

Yes - thanks!
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    bamindy wrote: »
    Yes - thanks!

No problem.

For those who don't know.

AC3 is the internal real name for the discreet 5.1 technology made by Dolby Laboratories. Early equipment such as laser discs all referred to it as AC3. Since it uses a digital connection rather than the old RF system. It got nicknamed Dolby Digital.

My old technics decoder calls it AC3.

However although the TiVo had the dolby logo slapped everywhere, if you goto say sky movies HD then enter the help and info screens you can see what each tuner is doing. looking next to one of the tuners it will say the audio stream is AC3. My linux satellite box also reports dolby as AC3.

hope some people find this useful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed tonight that good old BBC1HD on Cable is back to Linear Stereo again....Any ideas what the problem is this time? :(