Loose Women facing a panel shake-up or getting a new format?

Comments

• Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    As much as I'm enjoying the guest panelists and Linda appearing much more, I am missing Kaye, Nadia, Jane and Coleen

I know, where have they gone?! Jane's in Oz till tomorrow so should hopefully be back next week. They get 4 oldies back and now they''ve all vanished :(
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    I know, where have they gone?! Jane's in Oz till tomorrow so should hopefully be back next week. They get 4 oldies back and now they''ve all vanished :(

Nadia was on the other week, but Coleen and Jane haven't been on for ages!
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    I've got a roll of gaffer tape here that would beg to differ >:(

oh if only we could do that. :D
  • LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Get rid of the awful Myleene Klass, but keep JSP, she is the best one on there.
    Yes pls pls pls get rid of the dreadful woman I just can't stand Myleen and always switch off whenever she is on.
    Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who didn't like her !!!
  • Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Oh lord why are they trying to turn it into Bang Goes the Theory when 90% of the show is still penalizing men? I thought this was supposed to be about giving women a voice and some strength across television, yet all they do is claim that women dress all men and without women in the world, mankind will die out. Now we have interviews vicars and the guys looking for the Malaysian plane wreckage, put the news-relevant stuff on This Morning or the news itself.

I feel like the show is so past the point with all these changes, there's too many presenters and panellists. I thought Kaye coming back would be a good thing, but all she seems to do is undermine Janet.
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Ben_Hunt wrote: »
    Oh lord why are they trying to turn it into Bang Goes the Theory when 90% of the show is still penalizing men? I thought this was supposed to be about giving women a voice and some strength across television, yet all they do is claim that women dress all men and without women in the world, mankind will die out. Now we have interviews vicars and the guys looking for the Malaysian plane wreckage, put the news-relevant stuff on This Morning or the news itself.

I feel like the show is so past the point with all these changes, there's too many presenters and panellists. I thought Kaye coming back would be a good thing, but all she seems to do is undermine Janet.
    I didn't see today's show. Was Kaye back?
  • Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only like it when Myleen's on :( ... mind you, I watch it with the sound off. Well' I don't actually watch it. Myleen looks pretty though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Ben_Hunt wrote: »

Loose Women worked best, was at its peak and won most of its awards when it was unashamedly trashy and downmarket. Various news-lead panel shows have been tried over the years and only The Wright Stuff has managed to stick. ITV tried '3 at 3' a few years back and it was a big failure. Loose Women has never been a serious show, even in its early days where there's some strange myth that it was, and that's when it was at its peak. It wasn't. Instead of changing it and drawing it out, they just need to call it a day or stop running it 52 weeks a year.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea and Claire today. Off it goes.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Fay Ripley was the guest panellist today.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Has Kaye left again? Or been fired? I think she was the best anchor. She can be funny or "serious" when needed and doesn't overegg either.
    Forum Member
    Has Kaye left again? Or been fired? I think she was the best anchor. She can be funny or "serious" when needed and doesn't overegg either.

Nadia, Coleen and Jane are all missing aswell so I guess they get the Easter Hols off :)
    Forum Member
    Claire has grown on me. She is articulate and amusing. Jane and Coleen are back tomorrow.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading this thread I went back and watched Monday's show where JSP was talking about her affairs with single men. The look on Myleen's face when JSP said she sounded like a 'broken record' She (Miss Klass) was leaning away (in her chair) after that.

Myleene is always on 'show' ... she never seems to let her guard down. Constantly looking for the camera (or at the audience for affirmation) I get the feeling she lives in her own little world, and anybody that doesn't agree with her ... well she arches back and pounces. :o

Jamelia ... where to start!!. :o:)
    Forum Member
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    Claire has grown on me. She is articulate and amusing. Jane and Coleen are back tomorrow.

Where's Nadia and Kaye? Thank god it's not on tomorrow, Andrea presenting all week is torture, where's Carol?
    Forum Member
    LOL Coleen sitting on the end today, this must be a first surely? She's not liking it :o:D
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me personally is going to boycott the show until that ignoramus gets the inevitable boot!

>:(
  • cromerladcromerlad Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure about conducting a dyslexia interview with the Professor 3 rows from the back in the audience, everyone else in the audience around him looks terminally bored, and Fern Britton seems to think she's on the Question Time panel. (I'm sure i've read that's what they're trying to aim for though???)
    Forum Member
    Michelle Heaton makes her long-awaited return to the panel tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    I have liked the last couple of shows. Kaye, Nadia, Coleen and Linda yesterday, a good laugh. K and N with Jane and Jamelia today, supplemented by Fern. Jamelia not as vocal. Wonder if she has been asked to tone it down? Glad they are back from their hols.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note to Producer - Please, please, please, please don't EVER bring back Kate Thornton. Would like to see Jackie "Hollywood" Brambles back as anchor though.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    I have liked the last couple of shows. Kaye, Nadia, Coleen and Linda yesterday, a good laugh. K and N with Jane and Jamelia today, supplemented by Fern. Jamelia not as vocal. Wonder if she has been asked to tone it down? Glad they are back from their hols.

Good show today- I love Kaye and Nadia's friendship

There was no point to Ferne being there -she did not integreate with the girls well

Jamelia did tone it down but I think its because they had Ferne on aswell

Bring back celebrity guests and not serious people like that doctor- If you want to bring a doctor on they should be seen as a celebrity doctor
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »
    Good show today- I love Kaye and Nadia's friendship

There was no point to Ferne being there -she did not integreate with the girls well

Jamelia did tone it down but I think its because they had Ferne on aswell

Bring back celebrity guests and not serious people like that doctor- If you want to bring a doctor on they should be seen as a celebrity doctor

If they want to bring a doctor on and have a "celebrity" doctor then they should get Dr Dawn Harper on from Embarassing Bodies, that woman is a milf :p
    Forum Member
    Denise Van Outen making her Loose debut today!
    Forum Member
    Mylene and JSP seem to be getting on better. I thought it would be rubbish today because of MK and Denise VO but it was not that bad. Still feels like a sub par show when you don't have Jane, Kaye, Nadia on. Its like you have a slightly trashy showbiz LW version versus the more intellectual (pushing it slightly!) version. I prefer the latter version. I wonder if JSP has been shifted to latter end of week to raise tone of the showbiz version?