Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Jamie lad is....wow...I geniunely would have thought he was a parody.

There's this girl on my facebook WHO RANDOMLY caps locks in the middle of A STATUS FOR NO APPARENT REASON OTHER THAN TO caps lock.

"a la laaa laaaaaaa ITS WONDERFUL AND SUNNY AND THERE IS A SUN AGAINNN. I had forgotten about the sun. I HAVENT SEEN IT IN SO LONG. but there it is. HELLOOO SUN :) hiii thereee. THANKS FOR COMING OUT AGAIN AND MAKING *HER NAME* HAPPY :) I don't careeee that my brain fell out a few days ago. or that my head hurts. IT DOESNT MATTER. because the sun is outttt. and I don't need a brain, to be honest. there wasn't much in it anyway. AND NOW I JUST HAVE ALL THIS EXTRA SPACE IN MY HEAD THAT CAN BE FILLED UP WITH CHEESE AND ICE CREAM. yaaaaaay :)"

Dear Lord, yet another gormless twit.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has just posted a picture saying "235 sleeps until Christmas"

I think we want to enjoy summer first!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Nearly everyone has put May the 4th be with you on their wall :yawn: Every bladdy year they do it :rolleyes: :mad:
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Nearly everyone has put May the 4th be with you on their wall :yawn: Every bladdy year they do it :rolleyes: :mad:

Thanks I forgot to do it
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Jamie lad is....wow...I geniunely would have thought he was a parody.

There's this girl on my facebook WHO RANDOMLY caps locks in the middle of A STATUS FOR NO APPARENT REASON OTHER THAN TO caps lock.

"a la laaa laaaaaaa ITS WONDERFUL AND SUNNY AND THERE IS A SUN AGAINNN. I had forgotten about the sun. I HAVENT SEEN IT IN SO LONG. but there it is. HELLOOO SUN :) hiii thereee. THANKS FOR COMING OUT AGAIN AND MAKING *HER NAME* HAPPY :) I don't careeee that my brain fell out a few days ago. or that my head hurts. IT DOESNT MATTER. because the sun is outttt. and I don't need a brain, to be honest. there wasn't much in it anyway. AND NOW I JUST HAVE ALL THIS EXTRA SPACE IN MY HEAD THAT CAN BE FILLED UP WITH CHEESE AND ICE CREAM. yaaaaaay :)"

I bet she got at least a few likes/comments from her half-wit friends as well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks I forgot to do it

:rolleyes:;):D
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

I admit i posted that this morning. It got two likes! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a twitter update from some idiot the other day, now this guy loves the kudos of his job and name drops like you wouldn't believe - envy me type of thing. His utterly pointless twitter was ' in the airline lounge waiting for flight to Australia'. Now firstly this implies that he is in business or first class (lounge) and secondly that his job takes him around the world.
    I struggle with this type of twittering - it is essentially one-upmanship type bullshit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I admit i posted that this morning. It got two likes! :D

:eek: *shakes head* ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I bet she got at least a few likes/comments from her half-wit friends as well!

Indeed, To which she CAPS LOCK REPLIES ON THEIR WALL. I have to shake my head.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Not a status but a friend recently got a puppy. Shes just posted a picture of a canvas photo with the caption "so i send off a picture of my puppy to the canvas company and in return i get sent this..."

And its a picture of complete strangers at a wedding! I find it quite funny that somewhere in the world someone probably has just opened a picture of her puppy! Cue people asking her what shes going to do with the huge canvas shes just paid a lot for!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a twitter update from some idiot the other day, now this guy loves the kudos of his job and name drops like you wouldn't believe - envy me type of thing. His utterly pointless twitter was ' in the airline lounge waiting for flight to Australia'. Now firstly this implies that he is in business or first class (lounge) and secondly that his job takes him around the world.
    I struggle with this type of twittering - it is essentially one-upmanship type bullshit.

My ex was a bit like that, we used to live in Dubai and he constantly boasted on Facebook about how he lived on the most expensive bit of real estate in the world, ate out every night, wore an armarni suit and watch and how he always knew he was going to be successful. Cue 4 years later he's back at home with his mum and dad, online gambling and living in Fawley (Google images shows what a delight it is there). You'll find the people who keep quiet about their money are often very successful. That's what I find anyways.
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Not a status but a friend recently got a puppy. Shes just posted a picture of a canvas photo with the caption "so i send off a picture of my puppy to the canvas company and in return i get sent this..."

And its a picture of complete strangers at a wedding! I find it quite funny that somewhere in the world someone probably has just opened a picture of her puppy! Cue people asking her what shes going to do with the huge canvas shes just paid a lot for!

I'd tell people that I've Hung the picture of the couple above my bed/ fireplace :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What really winds me up is people overusing hashtags on Facebook. One of my friends just posted a picture of a Living Language course book, with the following caption:

"So you think you cant buy happiness? I just received some in a box #happiness #book #language #crazy #idea #can't #wait #to #start"

Now I know some people connect their Facebook and Twitter accounts and so the odd hashtag is to be expected, but that's just taking the piss.
    I hate hashtags on Twitter, it takes me ages to work out what the person is trying to say as it all just one word with a flipping hash on it. My brain is too slow to work out words not spaced out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    whos up for smashin sum wee arse hole tomorro
    Cue lots of other chavs piling in to offer support and help to "smash in" the so called arsehole, and other piling in to threaten my illiterate cousin.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "OMG cnt believe its me and @(herboyfriend)'s 1 year (and 10 months) anniversary today, love u bbz"

Sorry, what? :eek: People celebrate their anniversary on a monthly basis?

One from someone who I am sadly no longer friends with on FB:

"Making a new Facebook account because I have over 1000 friends on this an I only like about 300, only going to add the people I actually like." In all reality she means the people who constantly like her repetitive 'I hate people who are fake' statuses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one FB friend who is way too self important. She thinks her "followers" are interested in what she is doing all the time. Her statuses are as if she is holding court eg "ok all of you who were wondering about my new house.." "now I know you all want to know about my possibly entering the race for life, well I have an update..." FFS you're not a politician giving updates to the minions. also, this is weird, people will reply to these statuses and ask things (her minions) but she rarely converses with them. She doesn't seem to want to - I think she just craves admiration.

Further to that she loves to do worthy things and her statuses will be about this. Volunteering. Organised outdoor activities with groups of people she doesn't know. Getting involved in any worthy local event. Receiving an award for something for just being so great. Having a hobby that people only have to look holier than thou. All of these things ALWAYS being accompanied with a picture on FB to show how much of a good person she is and comments from her followers to say oh you are so amazing.

Whats that all about?
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`ve got one with an "angle in heaven". i feel really guilty laughing.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to be the only person in the world not doing something sponsored at the moment. There must be at least 20 people on my facebook asking me to sponsor them to do the race for life. :o
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    5 rules of a relationship.
    1 -stay faithful.
    2 -make them feel loved and wanted.
    3 -respect your partner.
    4 - don't flirt with others.
    5 -have time to each other.

Posted by someone who does non of those things. This girl cheated on her boyfriend who was the only one who treated decently. Then she moans about how her latest one night stand has done a runner, or has had another woman on the go
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on my friend list is working abroad as a holiday rep and every ****ing day without fail she's uploading tons of pictures and gloating about how wonderful her life is. Every status is practically a few words long, with a picture of her in the sunshine holding up alcohol and saying "woooooo". :rolleyes:

Braindead imbecile.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`ve got one with an "angle in heaven". i feel really guilty laughing.:o

Haha! I always have a chuckle when I get one of those popping up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cue lots of other chavs piling in to offer support and help to "smash in" the so called arsehole, and other piling in to threaten my illiterate cousin.

I read that as meaning something totally different.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A relative of mine recently posted something like 'Just had some bad news'. Cue a friend asking 'What's up hun? xxxx' and the irritating response of 'Not something I want to put on here'. Grr! Another of her friends wrote 'Hope ur ok hun xxx", to which she replied something like 'Thanks hun xxx'. That attention was all she was after really!
    There must be at least 20 people on my facebook asking me to sponsor them to do the race for life. :o

I hope that you clicked 'Like' on all their related statuses etc in order to validate their selfless acts! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    "Canrnt wait to see mah gorgusss boi. miss him lots i do xxxxxxxxxx mwahhhh"

She's close to getting a delete.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why cant they spell, or make the message read logically?
This discussion has been closed.