Hollyoaks - mercedes not missed?

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
Forum Member
is it just me or is anyone really not missing mercedes one bit, she served her time in hollyoaks and the last few months she unbearable , she has now said she would love her and dr browning to get back togheter

one they should both be in prison for the next few years and two dear god i cant sit through another few years of mercedes :mad:

anyone agree?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Mercedes is a thoroughly deserved legend. Sooner she's back the better.
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really missing her at all and really think she should be given a few years off before bringing her back. I do like Mercedes and love that they did something worthwhile for Jennifer Metcalfe this year, but I think I need a longer break.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Have to admit I find that she has gone downhill since the whole Silas thing, I personally dont like her as a character anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it just me or is anyone really not missing mercedes one bit, she served her time in hollyoaks and the last few months she unbearable , she has now said she would love her and dr browning to get back togheter

one they should both be in prison for the next few years and two dear god i cant sit through another few years of mercedes :mad:

anyone agree?

I am with you there, I don't miss her in the slightest
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I don't miss her. I thought I would though...
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dublintvfan, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The character hasn't grown one bit, in all her years on the show.

It's just the same cycle of claiming to have fallen in love, sleeping around, then redemption.

Fell in love with Russ, treated him like dirt, cheated on him with Warren, felt broken-hearted, boo-hoo.

Fell in love with Malachy, treated him like dirt, cheated on him with Calvin, then is redeemed by playing the doting wife as he died, boo hoo.

Fell in love with Riley, treated him like dirt, cheated on him with Carl, gets redeemed by being kidnapped by Silas and going on the game, boo hoo.

Still loves Riley, treats him like dirt, frames Mitzee for murder, hooks up with Lynsey's killer, then is redeemed by her nervous breakdown, boo hoo.

I'm so tired of it. Over and over and over again.

And this is not to mention all the numerous times the character's treated the rest of her friends and family like dirt.

It's not entertaining anymore.

I don't know how many more times I can bear seeing Myra, Jacqui and co try to save her from herself while she ruins other characters' lives.

And now we're back to the redemption phase. Making her have a breakdown is meant to garner sympathy for the character so that the cycle can begin all over again. It won't be long before she's back at the McQueens' with them treating her like a broken flower and her acting like a miserable cow and being a super-b***h.

Can't stand the character and I think the show is far better off for her not being in it. Instead we can focus on some of the other more worthy characters and some more intriguing storylines instead of it just being the Mercedes show!
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have not missed her a single bit!
    I don't want that devil back!
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the character but I haven't missed her to be honest.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I dont miss her at all. She did so many horrible things and I wish she was locked up permanently.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been a big fan of Mercedes and this year has been an AMAZING year for her! I do miss her but think he should have at least 8-10 months and do something different with her, that means no more romance storylines!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry folks, she is back in two weeks.

But i really want her to be gone forever from my screen.

She has done everything that a bad character can do and has survived.

HO if you are listening, please get rid of Mercedes. She has been overused (by the characters as well as the writers :D)

Time she was gone. When she is back , I will yet again have to have remote at hand for the FF button.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »
    dublintvfan, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The character hasn't grown one bit, in all her years on the show.

It's just the same cycle of claiming to have fallen in love, sleeping around, then redemption.

Fell in love with Russ, treated him like dirt, cheated on him with Warren, felt broken-hearted, boo-hoo.

Fell in love with Malachy, treated him like dirt, cheated on him with Calvin, then is redeemed by playing the doting wife as he died, boo hoo.

Fell in love with Riley, treated him like dirt, cheated on him with Carl, gets redeemed by being kidnapped by Silas and going on the game, boo hoo.

Still loves Riley, treats him like dirt, frames Mitzee for murder, hooks up with Lynsey's killer, then is redeemed by her nervous breakdown, boo hoo.

I'm so tired of it. Over and over and over again.

And this is not to mention all the numerous times the character's treated the rest of her friends and family like dirt.

It's not entertaining anymore.

I don't know how many more times I can bear seeing Myra, Jacqui and co try to save her from herself while she ruins other characters' lives.

And now we're back to the redemption phase. Making her have a breakdown is meant to garner sympathy for the character so that the cycle can begin all over again. It won't be long before she's back at the McQueens' with them treating her like a broken flower and her acting like a miserable cow and being a super-b***h.

Can't stand the character and I think the show is far better off for her not being in it. Instead we can focus on some of the other more worthy characters and some more intriguing storylines instead of it just being the Mercedes show!

This. After Malachy died she really should have changed. Instead they have used almost the same storyline over and over again for her. I don't really know what else they could do with her character to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    The problem isn't Jennifer Metcalfe it's the writers. She's a great actress but Mercedes isn't allowed evolve. Her character does exactly the same things over and over again and it just got old.
  • 08MattL9008MattL90 Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    For me Mercedes IS Hollyoaks, I love every scene with her in it and I can't wait until she comes back :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Mercedes, Jennifer Metcalfe is one of the best actresses on the show. Psycho Mercedes was a stroke of genius. I hope when she returns they calm her down and have her change but still have her psycho moments occasionally. The writers can't decide whether they want her to be loved or hated, they can't have her keep trying to change, they need to make a decision on which direction she is going in and stick with it, if it's the full out Psycho route then she'll probably naturally leave within the next few years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Nope. I don't miss her at all.
    Always hated her and I always will.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    08MattL90 wrote: »
    For me Mercedes IS Hollyoaks, I love every scene with her in it and I can't wait until she comes back :)

agreed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I cannot wait until she's back! Missed her!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she a great character but I have to say I havent missed her, her SL have become too repetative and her 'comeuppance' for me hasnt been a good one, when she returns her mum will be begging forgiveness and she'll be the victim.
    I can't wait for Mitzeee/Mercedes scene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have not missed her at all.. can't stand her hope she leaves for good soon!!!