Options

Unlikely couples that worked

grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This doesn't have to be everyone's opinion but your own.
I think Dirk and Cindy in HO if you said a year ago that Cindy would be in a good relationship with Dirk a year agao peopke would have laughed at you but I love their new relationship with the new Cindy and I'm glad they didn't staright away change Cindy back to the desperate gold digger. Dindy are my favourite soap couple atm along with Dancy in HO as well.

Comments

• Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love dirk and Cindy. They're so cute. Also not really a relationship hut I thought mitzeee and brendan were a fantastic double act.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dindy has made me like Dirk, they are a lovely couple.

Jacqui/Tony and Jacqui/Rhys, both of these couples I would have never put them together but they worked so brilliantly imo. Especially Racqui, I'm sad the way it ended.

Jim/Carmel, I loved them together. Shame tptb totally ruined it, and left us with deadwood Valentine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love dirk and Cindy. They're so cute. Also not really a relationship hut I thought mitzeee and brendan were a fantastic double act.

Completely agree, Britzeee were amazing.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Completely agree, Britzeee were amazing.

Mitzeee:We could be britzeee.
    Brendan: oh jesus mary and Joseph
    Lol.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    I loved Darren Osborne and Hannah Ashworth together.
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kirk and Beth work well together and make a great comedy couple typically suited to Corrie. Hope this breast augmentation storyline doesn't split them up. Love Craig too!
  • Options
    Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always liked Dirk but now he is with Cindy he's great. He's the stable man she needs but without being a wimp, as I see tony. Even with the gangster stuff he comes across as a wimp. And the way he puts up with Disney ithout arguing back! My point was that Cindy works well with dirk even tho he isn't loaded or good looking or her usual sort!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Becca and Justin.
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darren and Nancy seemed quite random at the beginning. But there work so well together. I remember being totally off at the idea. But all for them now. Although really don't think he deserves her after the whole Sienna debacle.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Bradley and Stacey the obvious one I would have thought.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malspie wrote: »
    I think Kirk and Beth work well together and make a great comedy couple typically suited to Corrie. Hope this breast augmentation storyline doesn't split them up. Love Craig too!

I also like them together I wouldn't be surprised though if SB has to make it into a love triangle and throw in Chesney because he likes her new breasts.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    If it's romantic relationships, I had high hopes for Patrick and Maxine in HO. I thought they were going to take them down the comedy, miss-matched couple that loves each other route, instead of the abuse route.

I love Dirk and Cindy. They're great, ditto Carmel and Jim. I'm also feeling Blessing and Dennis, but I think I just route for the funny, not-technically-good-looking guys in most things. :p

Friendships that surprisingly work would have to include Beth and Tracey Barlow in Corrie. They honestly surprised me when they shared a house: they worked so well together you could believe they were friends. Even after they weren't living together they used to be shown sitting in the pub having a drink together, and I think it's quite sad that they've stopped showing that.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought Phil and Shirley were an odd match.....but hey.....he clearly likes her.. :confused:
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrone and Maria
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HO- Sienna and Darren:/
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirk and Beth
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina and Peter.....OH WAIT!
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I loved Ian and Denise when they first kissed. There was a real energy between them and a fun spark that made them a joy to watch. They soon had all that life sucked out of them, of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter and Lola but that has been ruined now.
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna and Owen. Didn't expect them to work at all, especially seeing as when they got together, it was on the back of Owen hassling Eillen and it looked like they were going to do a domestic violence story - they changed Owen's character slightly, but it all worked out I think.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Cain and Moira are quite unlikely given their previous however the relationship works surprisingly well.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malspie wrote: »
    I agree, malspie, the three of them are very believable.
    Against all the odds, I think the partnership of Roy and Hayley worked. A transgender and a man with mild autism seemed a bit far-fetched, but it worked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Nancy/Darren and Jacqui/Rhys both of them sounded like really random and miss matched couples to start with but they worked really well!
  • Options
    EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watch Eastenders..

Peter and lola - the New Pete and Kathy but this looks as if they'll be splitting them up the way they are writing it.

agree with Bradley and Stacey - I want Stacey to stay on her own now =]

Joey and Lauren - I genuinely believed in them - would like to hear the odd reference and when Jaq Jossa leaves - if she leaves - Lauren going to see Joey would be a brilliant excuse and could be mentioned from time to time as well as the possibility of them returning - although doubt David Witts would return as he is doing well in the theatre since he left - Went to see Hairspray and was shocked by his dancing and singing abilities, he CAN act!!

Max and Tanya - it shouldn't have worked after the amount of Maxs affairs but it did
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy and NIcola in Emmerdale on paper should not have worked but they are fantastic together.