Options

Queue for £49 Sky+HD

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
Forum Member
Anyone care to speculate or heard anything from Sky on how long it's going to take to begin the £49 installations?

I know they were running around 8 weeks behind but with the extra engineers and boxes now collected from Tesco's hopefully the backlog will start to come down with engineers plugging in boxes rather than putting up a dish?

Comments

• Options
    mr.ianmr.ian Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For most of us all they need to do is put the box in the post. It doesn't take a genius to connect it up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    itvdig_csr wrote: »
    Anyone care to speculate or heard anything from Sky on how long it's going to take to begin the £49 installations?

I know they were running around 8 weeks behind but with the extra engineers and boxes now collected from Tesco's hopefully the backlog will start to come down with engineers plugging in boxes rather than putting up a dish?

I just "Registered" as sky put it. God knows when the thing will be "Installed" it says on the sky website "up to 9 weeks" thats a bloody longtime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Registered yesterday afternoon for my brothers box, has updated today on mysky stating he'll be contacted within 1-3 weeks with a invite to place the order.
  • Options
    lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you could just order it online, but instead they asked me to register my details and I got this message:
    You won’t need to call us, as we’ll email you within the next day or so to let you know when we expect you’ll be able to complete your order.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    i registered yesterday was told due to high demand it could take up to 2 months
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Well, no email has arrived (I went through the "Registration" bit yesterday), but when I went into MySky, and then clicked on Check Order Status it said I could proceed with the order. Now being installed next Monday (or should that be "delivered and swapped for a Sky+ box", installed seems a little strong).
  • Options
    ncollncoll Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Registered yesterday. Logged into MySky this morning to see a message saying "Congratulations. You can now complete your order."

Earliest install date I'm being offered in this coming Monday (2nd Feb). Just need to confirm when I can take a day off work and I'll get it booked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the price in Tesco will come down too?
  • Options
    danielhpooldanielhpool Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    itvdig_csr wrote: »

what you mean by boxes collected from tescos please clarifly
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    At least it's not as bad as it was those of us who had to pre-register for our £299 HD boxes and kept getting our install dates pushed back. :)
  • Options
    Captain WCaptain W Posts: 4,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it's not as bad as it was those of us who had to pre-register for our £299 HD boxes and kept getting our install dates pushed back. :)

Yet ;):D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you guys live?

I just placed an order online and they had slots for this Monday (2nd).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    For the people who have registered / signed up for this deal, do you not think it would have been worth the extra few quid before Xmas when it was £75 (including installation) and it only took a week to get it installed after signing up? lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    WAPhate wrote: »
    For the people who have registered / signed up for this deal, do you not think it would have been worth the extra few quid before Xmas when it was £75 (including installation) and it only took a week to get it installed after signing up? lol.

Not quite true that, I signed up for the £75 deal in october and couldn't get an install until december !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Hi all im wayne and new to the forum, have been watching this post for a while now! I registered my interest in the sky hd deal yesterday.

I signed on to sky and was told i could complete my order and sky are coming on monday to install!! So not a long wait at all!!

Dont mean to rub salt in any one's wounds btw :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Just got a text and email from Sky saying I can complete my order - Monday the 2nd for me as well! Slots available for every day in Feb as well!

Had a quick look over the Sky website, could no longer see references to the 8/9 week delay.

Fingers crossed for Monday!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Got my email, though Sky's website appears to have been overloaded, can't sign in at all now..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Just ordered 2 Sky+ HD Boxes (New customer as I haven't been with sky for 15 months)

Been told an estimate of March 2nd for installation!
  • Options
    lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know why you need to register and wait on an email inviting you to order?

Sounds a little like a waiting list for the latest Bentley, and the sort of prestige arrogance they would come out with!

Also, better to do over the phone or online?

Was hoping to negociate the install fee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Where do you guys live?

I just placed an order online and they had slots for this Monday (2nd).

Me too - I placed an order yesterday and the enginners are coming out on Sunday
  • Options
    tigertiger Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WAPhate wrote: »

I signed up on that deal and had to wait from the end of October to 27th Dec for installation, so I don't think it is any different, and if people are getting offered 02/02 then that is very good IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I registered on Monday, by phone as the on-line system wouldn't work.
    Just received the e-mail that says I can go ahead and order on-line and guess what comes up........

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to continue with your order online.
    Please call one of the following numbers to continue:
    New customers: 08442 411 268.

Existing customers: For TV equipment: 08442 411 333. For TV channel Packs: 08442 415 161. To add Sky Broadband or Sky Talk: 08442 410 583.

IT IS A LITTLE FRUSTRATING.:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    anthony47anthony47 Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Just received the e-mail that says I can go ahead and order on-line and guess what comes up........

Existing customers: For TV equipment: 08442 411 333. For TV channel Packs: 08442 415 161. To add Sky Broadband or Sky Talk: 08442 410 583.

Been getting the exact same message coming up for days now.
  • Options
    Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Been getting that error for years, every time I've wanted to order something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I was getting the same error too. For some reason it worked after logging in to my online account.

There is no delay in fitting. Could have had the 2nd Feb but having it fitted on the 7th Feb instead.