Options

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (US-Pace)

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I think the snow has found its feet now. This series is everything I thought the first would be.

Yes the show has definitely improved since last season and I agree it is becoming more the show I hoped it would be.

The team seem to be gelling more and have a better chemistry together, including some of the new members.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Because I screwed up and posted in the wrong thread.
    Flash525 wrote: »
    With Coulson knowing Ward, and knowing what he is capable of, I think he's failed as head of SHIELD if he thought that a set of handcuffs and some guys dressed in SWAT gear were enough to keep Ward detained. :(

The bigger question though; who is the evil brother. Is it Grant, or Christian? I'm willing to bet that their third brother was killed by one of the two also.
    Whoops!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    With Coulson knowing Ward, and knowing what he is capable of, I think he's failed as head of SHIELD if he thought that a set of handcuffs and some guys dressed in SWAT gear were enough to keep Ward detained. !

Yes that annoyed me. Couldn't tell if it was bad writing or what.

It was obvious Ward would escape with the Keystone Swat team looking after him.

I can but hope it was a setup for some reason and not just lazy scripting.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that really annoyed me.

Ward so bloody obviously should have been secured a hell of a lot better than that!
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That annoyed me too but i didn't put the blame on Coulson.
    As long as Shield held him, he was secure. It's after the transfer that things went wrong. And Coulson did warn the other team 'not to give him an inch'.
    At that time, my impression was that it was a set up by his brother, to not kill him.
    Is Christian Hydra?

The mistake Coulson made was not telling Christian 'and you better take steps to ensure Grant will not escape, if he does under your watch and attack my team, i'm gonna bust your back-side'.
    But we didn't see the whole conversation. Perhaps he did and the next episode will start with a rant by Coulson to Christian 'i warned you, you fool'.
    Will Christian even tell Coulson Grant escaped? Will Coulson discover it only with Grant's gun to his head? Is Grant's obsession only Skies?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coulson knew he would be able to escape. So personally i think that was coulson "giving ward an inch" to get away from his brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things are accelerating quit a bit.

New Ward is becoming scary and...confusing so far. He's treatening the team and he sends them gifts!

Fitz is still not himself but seems to be getting a lot better.

So, in the next few weeks or at the end of the season, the discovery of that city? Bets are open.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things are accelerating quit a bit.

New Ward is becoming scary and...confusing so far. He's treatening the team and he sends them gifts!

So, in the next few weeks or at the end of the season, the discovery of that city? Bets are open.

Is it Atlantis?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we got the info that the Host had been on Earth for 1000's of years so the City dates back that far at least.
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it Atlantis?

I thought it was Attilan... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    So we got the info that the Host had been on Earth for 1000's of years so the City dates back that far at least.

Most likely but not necessarily. The stuff in his blood that contains the plan of the city might have been injected into the host after his death, perhaps very recently. If it's what happened, this city could even not exist.
    But, after the criticism last season, it would be such a let down. So this city exists or has existed.
    It has been anounced officialy there will an Inhumans movie. Is it their city and it's gonna introduce the movie. Quit possible but that would take away a certain anticipation and surprise if we see it beforehand in Shield. Much better to reveal it in the movie, like they revealed Asgard in the first Thor.
    Unless it is related and when Coulson finds the city from his mind and reveals the existence of the Inhumans, he is told 'that's not our main city, it's just the suburb. If you want to see the big one, you'll have to pay to see the movie'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MikeAP001 wrote: »

I'm not up on Marvel mythology but that would sound good.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Ward's going to be a funny one this series... There's no way in hell Coulson is going to let Ward back in, but he might just give him free reign, sort of like an enemy of the my enemy situation. Interesting.
    I think the hint that everything is still there, but disconnected (or something like that) was trying to point out that he's recovering, and all he needs do is rejoin everything. I am also considering the possibility that they'll come across some more of that alien formula at some point, which Fitz may just take to become whole again.
    I thought there were more episode to be had? But I could be wrong. It is strange though; if that alien has been around for that length of time, then there's a good chance the city it was originally searching for is long gone, or at least in rubble. I am however curious what could be there that is so important. Likewise, I wouldn't have thought the city would be on Earth.

This opens up another question too - about all the connections (something Skye mentioned). Is Skye (and her father) somehow related to the tanked alien; ie, a Kree?
    Is it Atlantis?
    Unlikely. That's in the Pegasus Galaxy. :D
    It has been anounced officialy there will an Inhumans movie. Is it their city and it's gonna introduce the movie.
    I have read, somewhere, that in the cinematic universe inhumans are the result of alien tampering with humanity back in our history somewhere, and the city in question (whatever/wherever it is) likely holds the source of that technology. Maybe our tanked alien was a scientist on said project before it went sour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Was I the only one to find this episode intense and creepy ? The opening scene and later scenes with Derek the knife guy reminded me of Wire in the Blood. :o The later timeslot sure has paid off. The episodes are progressively getting darker this season. What a difference. Its like getting off the merry-go-round of last season and onto a stomach-churning roller coaster. So much is now happening in each episode and we're not even at the half-way point yet.

I thought Beardy Ward was acting consistent since the start of the season. He was loyal only to Garrett and never cared much for Hydra. And he's obsessed with Skye. So she has, in a way, replaced Garrett as his anchor point. As Coulson says, he's deluded in thinking he can still somehow be accepted back. His character hasn't changed. He's still as twisted as before. But he's doing what Coulson did with Talbot to get into his good books. So he hands Bakshi over as a present just like Coulson did with Creel to Talbot. Except he goes to extremes to achieve his goals, like threatening the agents to stay away. He knew they wouldn't risk the safety of civilians so he was sure he would get away.
    Fitz had a gem of a line here: Corpsy Diem seize the dead.:D And that conversation with Mac about the memory machine. I mean the writers have thrown us a bone here, people when Mac asks " so you've got backup files too ?" What's the bet that Fitz is gonna use the machine to "recover" those "files" ?
  • Options
    treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    MikeAP001 wrote: »

That's the most logical choice. The blue alien in the TAHITI project base is presumably a Kree and the Kree created the Inhumans. One of the main theories about Skye and her father are that they are both Inhumans. Not forgetting the planned Inhumans movie.

It won't be Atlantis unless Marvel have managed to get the rights for Namor back from Universal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he hands Bakshi over as a present just like Coulson did with Creel to Talbot.

At first, it was one of two theories i had while watching. The other being; he's gone completly and he screws with Hydra too 'i promised him a face to face meeting'.
    But when he added 'expect more gifts in the futur' i thought hummm, he has a long term plan with this.

I'm not sure Ward really wants to come back in the team.
    Skye however is another matter. He seems sincerely in love with her. But...
    He claims to know much more about her than herself, about her father, etc. And he still pursues her.
    So either he's madly in love (i know how it is; you accept a lot).
    Or the knowledge he has on her makes her important for his futur ambitions. Like she's a Inhuman princess or something and he plans on becoming royalty by marrying her!
    Imagine it: Coulson as best man and the ceremony being interrupted by Lorelei with Grant's baby in her arms!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure Ward really wants to come back in the team.
    Skye however is another matter. He seems sincerely in love with her. But...
    He claims to know much more about her than herself, about her father, etc. And he still pursues her. So either he's madly in love (i know how it is; you accept a lot). Or the knowledge he has on her makes her important for his futur ambitions.

Well, Skye is part of the team so he needs to at least have them partly on his side (or not be antagonistic) if he wants her to go with him. At the moment, he knows they don't accept him because of what he did. Hence the first peace offering in Bakshi with many more to come. Of course, Skye is unimpressed with the "cat bringing in dead birds" but it's early days. And I'm not sure the phrase "madly or sincerely in love" applies to a sociopath like Ward. I mean his "love" for her is rather creepy in a very unhealthy sort of way. It's more like an obsessive stalker vibe IMO.
    Like she's a Inhuman princess or something and he plans on becoming royalty by marrying her! Imagine it: Coulson as best man and the ceremony being interrupted by Lorelei with Grant's baby in her arms!

Ermm.. let's leave that thought in the fanfic arena, shall we ? ;-)
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another cracking episode tonight lots of twisty-turny stuff going on.

So I'm guessing that the 'chosen' lady who was experimented on was Sky's mother and The Doctor is going to exact his revange on Whitehall.

I seriously don't know what's going to happen next, which is great.

Shame silly season is coming and there will be breaks a plenty, next week is one. :(
  • Options
    whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can somebody explain to a thicko this latest episode.

I was so confused............

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okaaayyy.. I take back what I said earlier. Ward is NOT a sociopath. He 's a bloody full-blown psychopath ! Killing his brother and parents and framing his brother just to get into Whitehall's good books. Well, also getting his revenge to boot.
    Right, I'm calling it. He hasn't changed his "mission" ie. Skye. He's gonna use Hydra to keep his promise to reunite her with her father and deliver Whitehall to Coulson. Irony is, both of them, father and "ex" are psychopaths. Poor Skye.

whiteswan wrote: »
    Can somebody explain to a thicko this latest episode.

I was so confused............

Dave

There was a lot going on. This episode was crazy packed. Care to elaborate ?
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At any point was it said that Ward's brother Tommy was dead?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not forgetting the planned Inhumans movie.

It that a standalone movie or is that the Avengers 2 movie?
  • Options
    whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    At any point was it said that Ward's brother Tommy was dead?

Yes - it said it on the tv news report......his brother and his Parents - although could this be an elaborate "lie" to get him to infiltrate Hydra ?

As to what part didn't I understand - well almost all of it to be honest.

Was the girl who was tortured Skye's mum ?

What happened at the end "20 years ago"

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Was the girl who was tortured Skye's mum ?

What happened at the end "20 years ago"

Dave

Yes I think we were meant to believe that she is Skye's mother.

Although technically she wasn't tortured, at least not the bit where she is being dissected so that they can find out why she lived so long.
  • Options
    treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    It that a standalone movie or is that the Avengers 2 movie?

It's a stand-alone movie due for release in November 2018.