Options

Editing a pdf

EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
Forum Member
Hi all you techie experts!

I have a form online which is a pdf and would like to complete it and return by email rather than printing off and filling it in by hand/scanning and returnring.

I don't have word, is there any other (free if poss) software which will allow me to edit the form on screen?

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Options
    TobySTobyS Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've used PDFbuddy.com in the past. You just upload the PDF form and create text boxes over it and then download the finished result.
  • Options
    barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libreoffice will do it, import to libreoffice draw & you can edit a PDF
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »

I have a form online which is a pdf and would like to complete it and return by email rather than printing off and filling it in by hand/scanning and returnring.

I don't have word, is there any other (free if poss) software which will allow me to edit the form on screen?

Thanks in advance x
    Foxit PDF reader will let you add text to a PDF document.

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/

It may also depend on the form. A few weeks ago there was a thread on DS about an HMRC form that was in PDF format with fields you could fill in. That only worked with Adobe Reader, couldn't find any other PDF software that could even display the content much less let you fill in the form.

https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Remember to untick the "optional software" offers in the middle panel on that page.
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »

Thanks in advance x
    The Adobe Acrobat DC software, which is free, allows you to fill in forms. I know some people here prefer other software, but the 'official' software has never let me down, unlike others which then don't prove to be fully compatible in my experience.

https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
  • Options
    Helmut10Helmut10 Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job I'm not a techie expert then....

The Reader App in Windows 8.1/10 can be used for PDF form filling in, so can Acrobat Reader 11.0.16/DC these are standard installs on most PCs/Laptops.

You can normally also download the PDF form and fill it in and then send off as an attachment in the usual way. Or if you wish just print it, fill in by hand, and send off.

You don't need Word or anything else. The assumption, like it or not, is the de-facto 'standards'.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help guys :)

Form complete!

thanks again
    Evie