Options

Run Tomtom on a road angel ?

samtheqtsamtheqt Posts: 388
Forum Member
my mum was given a road angel navigator 6000 by a friend who didnt need it anymore, and so we registered it and had the 6 moths free updates, but now they've ended. she recently used it when we went to the isle of wight, and it got us lost a few times with its wrong instructions and slow tracking speed. she said shes not keen on it and would like a better one like a tomtom.

before she considers getting a tomtom, is there anyway i can set it up to run tomtom, i know it has WinCE .NET 4.2 Core on it, so there must be some way, but the road angel software seems to be imbedded into the unit, because when taking the SD card out, it cant run the maps, but the menus are still there.
if not, is there any other satnav software that would run on it that would be better ?

many thanks

sam

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the CE embedded OS that they use is not simply "running" a road angel program. It has actually been modified at source code level to be a "road angel".

Essentially it's about as customisable as a toaster, sorry.

-Chris
  • Options
    samtheqtsamtheqt Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    oh well, i guess i wasted my time scouring the internet for answers the past hour.
    thanks for that piece of information though

looks like it will be a new sat nav